Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nightie Sweaters - Simple Sleepwear for Your Little Girls

by Eltanin Posted 7th Nov 2013 at 3:45 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2014 at 11:05 PM by Eltanin

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 4:18 PM
Thank you, very useful.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 5:57 PM
I quite, quite like the colors and decals (and love the poses and bunny) but I'm not sure how these look in game. Are those images altered for artistic effect? It looks like the necks, hands, legs and nighties (except for toes and decals) were heavily smoothed or posterized or some such. Very nifty effect visually, but now I'm not sure what the nighties will look like when playing. I'd like to know what the fabric of the nightie itself looks like, the folds, the fabric texture, the seams and edges, and that's hard to see if it's smoothed. Or am I imagining things?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Eltanin : 7th Nov 2013 at 8:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I quite, quite like the colors and decals (and love the poses and bunny) but I'm not sure how these look in game. Are those images altered for artistic effect? It looks like the necks, hands, legs and nighties (except for toes and decals) were heavily smoothed or posterized or some such. Very nifty effect visually, but now I'm not sure what the nighties will look like when playing. I'd like to know what the fabric of the nightie itself looks like, the folds, the fabric texture, the seams and edges, and that's hard to see if it's smoothed. Or am I imagining things?

Well I haven't actually edited the nighties themselves, I took my previews in a dark room and had to screen a duplicate layer on top of them and sharpen a little in order for them to be seen. Scout's honor, I didn't tweak the nighties.

EDIT: Here's a picture of them in CAS:

Visit my LiveJournal for extra downloads and updates :D
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:31 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 7th Nov 2013 at 9:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eltanin
Well I haven't actually edited the nighties themselves, I took my previews in a dark room and had to screen a duplicate layer on top of them and sharpen a little in order for them to be seen. Scout's honor, I didn't tweak the nighties. I'll go an take a picture in game for you so you can see, be back in a while...
That's very nice of you, and much appreciated, thank you.

edit: *grabs nighties* I really need that grilled cheese one! My sims love the grilled cheese!

Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:32 PM
It's an adorable mesh! My little sim girls are gonna love their new jammies!

I just noticed a little thing while I was making a few recolors for myself - just below the chest there seems to be a mapping issue. Any patterns or decals placed too far down get split and slightly displaced. It's sort of visible on the originals, too, if looking at the details. Thought you might want to know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's an adorable mesh! My little sim girls are gonna love their new jammies!

I just noticed a little thing while I was making a few recolors for myself - just below the chest there seems to be a mapping issue. Any patterns or decals placed too far down get split and slightly displaced. It's sort of visible on the originals, too, if looking at the details. Thought you might want to know.

Yes I noticed this too, sadly there wasn't much I could do (seeing as my UV mapping skills aren't totally awesome yet) I figured that the decals wouldn't need to rest so low, so I just left it the way it was. However I could reopen up the mesh and try to tweak it a a bit more for you if you'd like

Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 9:32 PM
That would be nice

I had a little look in Wings (can't edit it there, though) and it looks like a fairly simple edit that shouldn't be too hard in MS. There's a gap on the chest, which needs to be closed (move the bottom line up), and the vertical lines on the chest need to be parallell so things line up (line up the bottom with the top).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That would be nice

I had a little look in Wings (can't edit it there, though) and it looks like a fairly simple edit that shouldn't be too hard in MS. There's a gap on the chest, which needs to be closed (move the bottom line up), and the vertical lines on the chest need to be parallell so things line up (line up the bottom with the top).

I've fixed up the UV mapping so there shouldn't be a gap anymore, and actually it was simple as pie (which gives you an idea of how long ago I first made these). Also while I was at it I added a fat morph (which I could have sworn I had already included...).
I've updated the file, though I'm not sure if the change has appeared yet (seeing as I still see it as the same file), tell me if it's updated on your end. :p

Not actually evil.
#10 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eltanin
I've fixed up the UV mapping so there shouldn't be a gap anymore, and actually it was simple as pie (which gives you an idea of how long ago I first made these). Also while I was at it I added a fat morph (which I could have sworn I had already included...).
I've updated the file, though I'm not sure if the change has appeared yet (seeing as I still see it as the same file), tell me if it's updated on your end. :p

Thank you for the UV updates and the morph. Attention to detail like that really does make a difference in game play and enjoyment, at least to me. If my little grilled cheese sim overindulges in her favorite food, I still want her to be able to wear that nightie.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 10:15 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Nov 2013 at 11:39 PM.
Thanks for the fixes

By the way, there's this tiny little weird thing with the map that I noticed after my last post. On the front mapping on both the sides, under the arms, there's this vertex that sort of is in the middle of two lines of vertices but doesn't have a vertical line of vertices running down from it. It makes a line in the texture that isn't very visible but may look a little weird with patterns and such. This was easily fixed by moving them toward the middle to the closest vertices. It's not a big issue, though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 9:23 AM
Aw, just when all the kids in my neighborhood have aged up! Thank you anyway! ;D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:46 PM
Oh,these are sooo sweet!Thanks a lot for your work on them!

Signature:,,I'm loving the peace,it is my hobby''
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 6:51 PM
Amazing ^_^ Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 6:18 AM
These are so cute! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 11:02 AM
Adorkable :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:07 PM
thank you! boys and girls definitely need more attention!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th May 2016 at 4:37 AM
Thank you for the variety of colors and graphics used. There really is something for every Sim child!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 8:07 AM
So cute ... and the type I'd wear even now! Thank you!