Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixes for Three EA Wall Sets from the Base Game and Ambitions

by Buckley Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 10:24 PM - Updated 5th Aug 2014 at 8:33 PM by Buckley

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 12:22 AM
Thank you so much, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one bugged by this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 12:53 AM
Thanks 😏👌 I have been needing this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 8:30 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I've avoided using all of these walls because of the stupid mismatching! Now I can build to my hearts content!

Thanks a Million!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:16 PM
Wahoo! Thanks for bringing a little more sanity to my game. These have bugged me no end.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 5:11 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:55 PM
Thank you so much for this! Its a shame EA hasn't fixed that - thank God for modders!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:14 PM
THANK YOU. This always bugged me too!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:56 PM
:blink: I KNEW something was up with those walls! :lol: I thought it was a problem with my graphics or something. :faceslap: Thanks so much for going through so much effort to fix those walls! :up:
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 1:14 AM
This has always bugged me too and trying to re-colour them didn't work because it would still look different in the shade or the sun. So, thanks for learning how to do bump maps!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 1:44 AM
Oh yay! This is something that has bothered me to no end too! And I suck at building! lol. Thanks so much for these fixes! Maybe I can finally use these walls successfully now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 5:34 AM
Just wanted to give you a huge thank you for this! I was really frustrated being unable to use these walls from the Ambition's pack.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 7:51 AM
So much love for you right now!
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:24 PM
I was "solving" the problem by working on my color matching skills to re-cast one bit to match the rest, even though the color -said- it should already be matching. Having walls that really do match will help a lot. Thank You!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 10:46 PM
thank you for taking the time to do this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 10:10 PM
Thank you for making this wall set useable! It always bothered me when I was building, and thought it was my game or graphic card or shading issue who was joking with me... But now I know it!!

Thank you again! :))
/wave
Forum Resident
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 2:09 PM
So, if I use this mod to create a build with these wallpapers and I upload it to share, will those who download the house see it with modification or without (assuming they do not have this mod)?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:06 PM
This bugged me forever! Thanks Buckley :)
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 10:50 PM
This has been bugging me forever, so thank you so much for the fix.

Actually, there are a couple of other "matching" walls (ie. they similar placed crown molding and chair rails) from the base game that could also use a fix. These are the "full wall with chair rail, ornate crown and baseboard molding" under Wallpapers and the "wall with dado, chair rail, ornate crown and baseboard molding" under Paneling. I would love to be able to use these all together to create flow throughout a build, but the lighting always looks off.

I just wish I knew enough about modding to fix them myself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 4:54 AM
This sort of thing ALWAYS bugs the crap out of me! Thank you for the fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th May 2014 at 2:17 AM
i spent maybe 6 hours building a legacy house yesterday and ran into this problem- your mod was something I didn't know I needed, I thought it was just my graphics settings, glad to know I was wrong!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 9:26 AM
Thank you for this!
EA are pretty.. special when it comes to things that match :P
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:13 AM
Great fix for builders
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:11 AM
Thank you so much for fixing these walls! You Rock! :D