Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:45 PM
But you can leave the moodlet for a day or two because it is a traumatic experience to kill someone, even if it is a zombie. I just dont recomend more than 2 days. It will be hard to play that way. They have to be tough..
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:53 PM
That's the point!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#53 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:54 PM
and thank you !
Field Researcher
#54 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 4:36 AM
I was going to start the set up of my survivors today but my game decided to crash. Had a good story in mind too because the Adult Female in the family I'm playing now until the infection spreads more, saw her first zombie while she was jogging.Then I had her run home and put her daughter in home schooling.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 1:09 PM
So it will be just her and her daughter?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sofiapc
So it will be just her and her daughter?

Until more survivors discover her house(shack).
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 2:08 PM
Hey, This is great and I can't wait to start it, I have everything ready I just don't know how to start the actually zombie apocalypse, I'm not familiar with the mods so I haven't a clue xD. Please help
Field Researcher
#58 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 9:04 PM
I have four people (mother and daughter, two other people) so far, I'm trying to decide whether or not to invite people around town, that aren't infected yet, to join the household or just make some sims in CAS to join the household. Oh, by the way, since I started playing the runaway teen and that teen is now grown up and has a daughter and I started this challenge with them, the season it is now is autumn and I think I'm going to leave it at that just to challenge myself and my sims.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:23 AM
I love the concept of this challenge and I decide to combine it with the countdown to doomsday challenge.

On the very first day of the challenge I sent one of my family members (1 of 4) to the grocery to buy ONLY $300 worth of food and $700 worth of books (rules of DD challenge) at the same time

I enabled NRAAS VECTOR mod for zombie RAGE/SCOURGE.

I turned off the alerts so my sims and I would be clueless of its progression. First day we stayed home, no big deal.. sims were still unaware of the problem...
2nd day the news broadcast mentioned a shortage of food/closed stores problem (but nothing of a virus) so my 2 oldest and unattached sims (1 male and 1 female - which were roommates I turned into family ) sims decided to walk the mile to the nearest ocean front to fish.

Meanwhile my parent and teenage daughter sim stayed at home, fixing salad for the family.

2 hours later, 1 of my sims got the "Vector zombie attack" alert box. I rolled a 2 dice for escape, and then another 2 dice for fight. I lost my first female sim, suddenly my sims were very aware of the situation.
Since my sim house was very un-protected and next door to a majoy city, they decided it would be best to relocate, 5 miles out. Along the way they picked up another male sim that couldnt handle the truth - after some careful convesation persuaded him to leae the laundry mat (what was the sense of doing laundry) and hiding out in his house further out from the city.

His house turned out to be a bachelors home, with little to no security. After raiding his cupboards (canned soup for all) my sim family (father, teen, and YA) ventured further another 2 miles.
Luckily they came across an old farm, most of the property was surrounded by stone wall fence except for the entrance which they quickly barricaded with furniture.

Since it was early into the spring, temperatures dropped dramatically and naive sims quickly discovered the perils of a fireplace. Lucky for them the fire started on the last day that any law enforcement was still active (3 days in to the Apoc) 2 firefighters showed up and helped.

They soon joined the family as they were single and knew there wasnt much else around. ( 2 female firefighters)
That night my sim family was beyond starved, so the 2 female firefighters plus 1 male sim went fishing the half mile behind the house.... 6 rolls later, I lost 2 of them - damn zombies.

I also managed to adopt 2 female child sim very upset and depressed because they lost their family.
another fire and thankfully no one was hurt...
2 more sims attempted to seek out the nearest fishing hole (6miles away) they managed to land 1 fish and lost 1 sim in the process)
Another fire broke out and since my only brave sims were not on the lot... my dearest teen sim lost her life.....

Now all that is left is..
Broken heart old father that cant function since he lost his teenage daughter
Would be teenage heartthrob of diseased daughter... has enough faults he probably wont make it very far (rebellious, clumsy )
Young Adult firefighter very early in her training before the station went dead ( brave, clumsy, lucky)
and 2 female children with generally good traits.

I've changed the rules just slightly. So far I am following the outline for events...but since my sims have been under attack from zombies up to a mile away ( I really dont understand this games mechanics) I've rolled a 2 sided dice for A) IF my group can escape... based on the level.. and then again rolled a 2 sided dice if my sim would survive an attack. Ive changed the outcome just slightyl... if my sim has beneficial traits ( brave,daredevil, rebellious) I add 1 point per attribute, then I subtract 1 per "fail traint" clumsy, coward, couch potato etc.... then if he is with others... I add in their specs.. and decide by the roll rules based on level ( it sounds way more complicated then it is..) he/she dies or survives and runs home.

I also bought the battery radio... but I decided to make all my sim family work out only to a max of 2.5 hrs a day then it gets shut off. Of course athleticism means better survival.

When I began my sim story I moved them into a terrible house on one side of the town. I decided that following the outing of the countdown to doomsday challenge I would run my sim family into the nearest safest temporary housing. (which makes gardening super hard) I've taken in any/all sims that happen to walk past my home or sims and survived starvation periods with pure luck ( deer/racoons that happend to come across the locations some of my sims were...using NRAAS mods I was able to turn them into "make food" -> group meal. which I would then bring home and serve to my family.

Overall its waaay fun. I have tons of mods that make this very realistic. Lots of fun!
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ephy
I've taken in any/all sims that happen to walk past my home or sims and survived starvation periods with pure luck ( deer/racoons that happend to come across the locations some of my sims were...using NRAAS mods I was able to turn them into "make food" -> group meal. which I would then bring home and serve to my family.

Overall its waaay fun. I have tons of mods that make this very realistic. Lots of fun!

What kind of mods do you also use? Because I would like to make my game a lot more realistic!
Field Researcher
#61 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simslover32
What kind of mods do you also use? Because I would like to make my game a lot more realistic!

I use all the zombies mods I can find. Zombies more biting/more aggressive, NRAAS Vector mod, no cars mod (but that's not working anymore for some reason - probably conflicting with another mod) I use Dexter mod and guns, I use tons of "no autonomous mods" to stop all the annoying sims behavior. Um... oh also I use the "don't buy from fridge" mod so there is never any food other then what you put it in. No curfew mods, unlock sponge bath..

I also turn off all the lights on the lot and only use the candle looking things, I got some cool boards that make it look like your windows are boarded up, suitable wallpapers/floors.

I also use the sledgehammer to knock out 1 square of the wall on the main floor and upper floors, then put in a column that matches so it just looks like a doorway this way the house is open to the seasons without electricity there is no way to stay warm without a fireplace/stay cool in the hot season. As long as there is flooring and the house has a proper roof the snow will stay outside the house (its funny watching my poor sims breathing out hot air while tucked in bed when its the freezing cold winter season.... "check temperature" mod helps me keep an eye on my sims.

and with NRAAS I always debug break or disable autonomous use on objects I dont want them touching(toilets/bath etc)
All I think of of atm..
Test Subject
#62 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 10:58 PM
I might just have to get supernatural now to try this. In the mean time, Is there any way to try this in an alternate way without sn?
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ephy
I use all the zombies mods I can find. Zombies more biting/more aggressive, NRAAS Vector mod, no cars mod (but that's not working anymore for some reason - probably conflicting with another mod) I use Dexter mod and guns, I use tons of "no autonomous mods" to stop all the annoying sims behavior. Um... oh also I use the "don't buy from fridge" mod so there is never any food other then what you put it in. No curfew mods, unlock sponge bath..

and with NRAAS I always debug break or disable autonomous use on objects I dont want them touching(toilets/bath etc)
All I think of of atm..

ok so there are a lot of them I also use. How do you get your game to work and not crash? How do your mods not conflict? Because mine do aaall the time!
I think it's since I put either weapon system or the more agressive zombies mod inside my game (but I'm not quite sure if it's really those two mods conflicting). It will just crash (telling me "the program stopped working, and had to be forced shut" or something similar, since I don't play my game in english) when I try to move a family on a lot while being in the town editing menu. Then experienced problems with some cc doors on cc lots (strangly enough not in the cc lot I was playing on before, since I tried out if it were the doors, that didn't work fine, but on other lot's they did, just fine), I couldn't lock them anymore, so pretty soon the lot was overrun with zombies, and then, when going in CAS, and trying to edit the colour of a tshirt or something, and I change the color before all the textil-thingis could load properly, the game won't let me go out of create a style, and I'll have to return to main menu.
Since I'm having this trouble, I couldn't really play, wich is a shame, I love this challenge so much!

Anybody help me?! Why is this happening, and how can I stop it?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd May 2014 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simslover32
ok so there are a lot of them I also use. How do you get your game to work and not crash? How do your mods not conflict? Because mine do aaall the time!
I think it's since I put either weapon system or the more agressive zombies mod inside my game (but I'm not quite sure if it's really those two mods conflicting). It will just crash (telling me "the program stopped working, and had to be forced shut" or something similar, since I don't play my game in english) when I try to move a family on a lot while being in the town editing menu. Then experienced problems with some cc doors on cc lots (strangly enough not in the cc lot I was playing on before, since I tried out if it were the doors, that didn't work fine, but on other lot's they did, just fine), I couldn't lock them anymore, so pretty soon the lot was overrun with zombies, and then, when going in CAS, and trying to edit the colour of a tshirt or something, and I change the color before all the textil-thingis could load properly, the game won't let me go out of create a style, and I'll have to return to main menu.
Since I'm having this trouble, I couldn't really play, wich is a shame, I love this challenge so much!

Anybody help me?! Why is this happening, and how can I stop it?

Try checking your mods with dashboard: http://modthesims.info/d/387006

It will show mod conflicts and corrupt content.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 22nd May 2014 at 6:54 PM
I am about to start this challenge. I have Nraas vector, but am going to use scourge to make it so my sims have to cure or kill them and not have them kill themselves off. I am setting my game up in Silent hill (http://evinfilms.blogspot.com/2011/...hill-city.html). I am going to use Shimrod's Zombie cure or kill mod (http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...killer-or-cure/) as well as the assassination module of nraas careers (although I'm not sure how this will go since you have to use an interaction with a sim to use it).

I'll see how things go, but this should be fun! I probably will flip a coin as to whether I will kill the zombie or cure it. I'm also thinking that I may make a second compound for the zombies I want to cure and make them all hate the outdoors with an extra trait slot so they never leave. I'll just add them to the lot and if need be, buy it as a second lot. I'll have to see how the world looks to see whether that is necessary. Woot!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 25th May 2014 at 4:06 PM
Which diseases do we use?
Field Researcher
#67 Old 27th May 2014 at 4:20 AM
Trying this, but I can't use the vector mod. It keeps screwing my game up. Im just keeping it always full moon
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 5:29 AM
Okay just a quick question, if you don't have "Into The Future" Ep therefore disallowing you to have the inventing skill, can you use the (I forgot) handiness skill (or some other name) as a replacement and then just do terrain editing when you reach the right level
Instructor
#69 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureHetalian
Okay just a quick question, if you don't have "Into The Future" Ep therefore disallowing you to have the inventing skill, can you use the (I forgot) handiness skill (or some other name) as a replacement and then just do terrain editing when you reach the right level

The Inventing skill comes with Ambitions EP.
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 12:37 AM
*brainfarts* I feel stupid now
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 7:37 PM
Default Mods
It wont let me get the Retuner mod can someone send me a link please I would like the help.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 3:12 AM Last edited by youcrAzy : 19th Jun 2014 at 4:34 AM.
I cant wait to start this challege
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:58 PM
OMG!! This looks AWESOME! I cant WAIT to try it!! Just one question, if I install the mods, would it cause my game to crash? Thanks!! Im so excited to try this !!!1
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:00 PM
oh, also, is there any for sims 2?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purpleplumbob856
oh, also, is there any for sims 2?

There's a zombie Apocalypse mod for sims 2 from More Awesome then You. That and Fight Club also from Mary make a pretty good ZomPoc
Page 3 of 4