Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
LOL ah well...#4 is on the way...how the heck are you handling 5? Out of curiosity I rolled for tomorrow and got a 17, it looked high so I about had a stroke before I realized I just missed #5 myself.

Pretty well, really. The game threw sextuplets at me once, so anything less than that is pretty mild.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 3:55 PM
So if our sim has additional babies, can we age that one up to toddler and move the existing toddler up to child?

My sim just had #4 herself, and I'm really not inclined to carry a burrito around for a number of sim weeks. I will if that's the rule firmly in place, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by othiym28
So if our sim has additional babies, can we age that one up to toddler and move the existing toddler up to child?

My sim just had #4 herself, and I'm really not inclined to carry a burrito around for a number of sim weeks. I will if that's the rule firmly in place, though.

That's something I've been considering. I would say age it to toddler and leave it there for the time being. If you have a 5th, age the oldest toddler to child. Don't age your teen or your first child though. With the mom/dad and teen, they can carry two toddlers. If you end up with 3, age the oldest to child and leave them there.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:24 PM
Timely advice since I just rolled another 19. #5 incoming. Oy gevalt!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:37 PM

WOW I had no idea 19-20 would come up so often!
Instructor
#31 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:48 PM

Number generators seem to have it out for us, eh?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Number generators seem to have it out for us, eh?

You might be on to something...#6 is on the way, and my family hasn't even moved into the first apartment yet.
Instructor
#33 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 7:37 PM
You might be on to something...#6 is on the way, and my family hasn't even moved into the first apartment yet.

Same for me, except I've only got five. Let's hope it stays that way!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 8:34 PM

GOOD LORD!

So I just had #4, aged him to toddler, thought THAT was bad enough. Since rolling 19 (#4) I've rolled 18 twice! Strange thing is after I rolled 18 the first time, everyone in my household did come down with a bug lol.

Just a note. Once you clear the fire station you only need 5k in cash for the apartment. Obviously the building itself is going to be more than that so just add the appropriate amount to your family income in order to pay for it. Here is a picture of an apartment complex I designed. I only have one floor done, eventually there will be 3. This is the low-end apartment so I don't have anything like fire/burglar alarms and all the furniture is pretty low end. I deco'd it for sale with generic furnishings. Anything else she's going to need (cribs, swings, bunk beds, etc.) my character will pay for herself (or fish it out of a dumpster somewhere).
Screenshots
Instructor
#35 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 8:46 PM
NIce place, Misty! I just got lazy and dropped down some cheap blueprints.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 9:11 PM
Loving this! Such a good challenge, but I have don't ambitions so my adult sim buttered up the owner of the alchemy store, in return for cleaning for them.
Anyway, let's meet the little runaways.

Name: Melissa Lemons(A)
Traits: Nurturing, Family orientated, Natural cook, coward, shy
Story: Poor Melissa, all she wanted was her family, but it all went wrong when 3 years ago. When her youngest was born, she had blue eyes, as all babies do. But even though Melissa never cheated on her husband, the blue eyes didn't go away. Neither parent had blue eyes. Or freckles. So her husband would beat her as punishment, and scratch her if it was the full moon and he had changed into a werewolf. So she took her children and ran away from her cruel husband, away from Bridgeport into a supernatural town named Moonlight Falls, where her son wouldn't be ashamed of his powers.

Name: Jack Lemons (T)
Traits: Brave, slob, over emotional, loves the outdoors
Story: Jack was the only child who inherited his father's werewolf powers, and he has been afraid that he will end up like him. More than often him and his father would turn and fight to protect his mother, and every time Jack thought he would kill someone. The oldest of the three, Jack cares for the youngest whilst his mother works and earns money, although his powers can collect a few trinkets worth selling.

Name: Alice Lemons(C)
Traits: Supernatural fan, artistic, grumpy
Story: Her past has made Alice sceptical and grumpy about everything but art and the supernatural. She was thrilled about moving to Moonlight falls, and that fact her brother is a werewolf, but upset she isn't one. Alice can only vaguely remember when her father wasn't cruel, and that saddens Jack and Melissa.

Name: Emma Lemons(Toddler)
Traits: Heavy sleeper, loves the outdoors
Story: Emma won't be able to remember her father, which is a relief to Melissa and Jack. She is very cute and that cuteness managed to win her family 150. Although Jack is freaked out by this strange toy that she got, something he hasn't ever seen before on the market. It is like a child and their imaginary friend...

Again, I love this challenge. I don't always stick to challenges but this one I'm confident I will! Also, I sent my kids to school early because they were always getting scolded. Sorry about that!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ihaveanawsomebro

Again, I love this challenge. I don't always stick to challenges but this one I'm confident I will! Also, I sent my kids to school early because they were always getting scolded. Sorry about that!

Yeah I just set mine to home schooled using the mod to NRaas until we got to the first apartment but that's fine if you don't have the mod. I know it got on my nerves when my parent sim would scold her boys for not going until I signed them up as home schooled.
Instructor
#38 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 11:44 PM
Also, I sent my kids to school early because they were always getting scolded. Sorry about that!

I just temporarily deleted the school.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:09 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 16th Mar 2014 at 2:47 AM.
Did you guys check out my new website? I posted on it earlier today.

UPDATE: Just rolled 18 for the 3rd time....good grief...the random roller is threatening me lol.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 1:32 AM
Day 2, rolled 20. Im going to adopt because I'm having trouble getting her pregnant.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:43 AM
Ive been taking the challenge in a slightly different direction. My sims are in the first apartment and it seemed like I was making more than I really wanted money-wise so I cut back and now her only income is as a bartender every night for 4-6 hours and what the roommates pay me to live int he house (which pretty much just covers the bills with some left over). I had enough to get her the 2nd cheapest car. Still only 4 kids (thank god). I admit the 4 of us cramped in a one bedroom apartment is a bit tight but it's fun
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 9:17 AM
Did you guys check out my new website? I posted on it earlier today.

UPDATE: Just rolled 18 for the 3rd time....good grief...the random roller is threatening me lol.

If think I'm a bit special, because I rolled 4, 15, and 7! Though I did roll 9, so poor Alice currently has a little stubble (I made her hair grow back slowly for more realism)
Now I've been cursed for pregnancy, but oh well. Oh, Misty I have checked out your site and it's really good; I love the layout!

Edit: Guess what number I got...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:03 PM
If think I'm a bit special, because I rolled 4, 15, and 7! Though I did roll 9, so poor Alice currently has a little stubble (I made her hair grow back slowly for more realism)
Now I've been cursed for pregnancy, but oh well. Oh, Misty I have checked out your site and it's really good; I love the layout!

Edit: Guess what number I got...

LOL you jinxed yourself! Or posting here did...same thing happened to me yesterday. I was flipping out because someone as rolling 20 right and left and BAM I rolled a 19 and had to get preggo. I've managed to avoid it but I need to roll again...drumroll please...are you kidding me...ok, i'm having my teenage son get some little chippy pregnant lol.
Instructor
#44 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 3:30 PM
LOL you jinxed yourself! Or posting here did...same thing happened to me yesterday. I was flipping out because someone as rolling 20 right and left and BAM I rolled a 19 and had to get preggo. I've managed to avoid it but I need to roll again...drumroll please...are you kidding me...ok, i'm having my teenage son get some little chippy pregnant lol.

Is it my fault that everyone is rolling nineteens and twenties?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:33 PM
My teen cant interact with the toddler.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Is it my fault that everyone is rolling nineteens and twenties?

YES! Kidding. So how many are you up to now Tiff?
Field Researcher
#47 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:03 PM
Couple of questions. Do you build an apartment, or use one available? And do you employ your sim as a firefighter, because that allows them to cook?
Instructor
#48 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:24 PM
YES! Kidding. So how many are you up to now Tiff?

Fortunately just five.. let's hope it stays that way!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:58 PM
UPDATE: Melissa is pregnant, but is working as hard as ever! She spent her time chatting up the gym owner, so he let the Lemons stay in the gym in the bottom floor, in return for cleaning out the toilets. I know it's not really allowed, but when #4 comes to be a toddler, can I age up Emma? I like to think that Jack would freak out over Emma talking to thin air. Again, loving this challenge, although they keep going back to their home lot, which is annoying. You live in the gym near sweaty men and women! Also, Jack likes to care for kids, because I rolled for him to do a day of baby sitting 2 times in a row...
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 6:50 PM
Second UPDATE: (Sorry for double posting) Melissa popped and little Bryon Lemons is born. His traits are easily impressed and Athletic. (He was born and conceived in a gym so...) Anyway, still in the gym but soon will be moving up next to either the toad stool of varg's tavern, which ether one is better location. Anyway guys, if anyone posts screen shots that would be cool. I can't figure out how to so no pictures from me unfortuanly. Anyway, happy simming!
Page 2 of 5