Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 18-JUN-2014) Bring "Mysterious Drinks" (Chemistry Set Potions) To Others

by icarus_allsorts Posted 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:29 PM - Updated 18th Jun 2014 at 8:25 AM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:19 PM
Lol, you've made my day! Thank you for sharing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:46 PM
Awesome Mod! Finally I can spread even more chaos! Now if there was only a mod to allow us to target non-household Sims with the Voodoo doll...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:21 PM
This would be great for lemonade stand.. Hehe
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 12:39 AM
Nice! Thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 12:58 AM
Thank you, this looks fun!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:11 AM
Thanks! This is really helpful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:33 AM
Great job man !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:45 AM
Thank you, another oversight by EA that has now been fixed <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:09 AM
Fantastic! Your mods have fixed a ton of niggling annoyances so far - thank you. It's especially pleasing to know my sims can now roofie people properly.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:21 PM
Super! And the extra effects are a nice touch! Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:53 PM
**burp** thanks for the never aging potion (gives one back) and may you have a long ever lasting life. Kudos Icarus!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:31 PM
Cool! Another ingenious mod!!! Thanks Icarus! This just makes that chem-table more interesting!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:14 AM
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you for doing this. It always bothered me that I couldn't use the potions on random sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 12:28 AM
Coming out of the woodwork for the first time in /eons/ because this has annoyed me since the day Generations came out, and you've finally fixed it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 5:45 PM
Thanks a lot :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:44 PM
This is something I have been waiting to see Wooohoo tytyty!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 7:55 AM
I absolutely love that someone finally added this function. Unfortunately it seems to be conflicting with Nraas error trap. Every time I get my sim kids step mom to drink a potion error trap resets her (the step mom not the sim kid).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
I absolutely love that someone finally added this function. Unfortunately it seems to be conflicting with Nraas error trap. Every time I get my sim kids step mom to drink a potion error trap resets her (the step mom not the sim kid).

Do you get a ScriptError when that happens? If you do could you send it to me?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 9:49 PM Last edited by proxiehunter : 17th Jun 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Do you get a ScriptError when that happens? If you do could you send it to me?

If I can duplicate it again I will. I just deleted all my ScriptErrors so I could be sure I was sending one related to the issue and attempted to duplicate it again with her husband bringing her the drink and no errors occured. When the kid comes home from school I'll try again with her maybe it's only a problem that occurs with child sims. So far it's occurred when the little girl brought her a liquid horror potion and a bladder flow potion. It's the only two times Error trap has reset the sim and it occurred right after the effect of the potion took hold so I assume they were related.

Edit: And there we go. Alley gives her step mom a liquid horror potion her step mom resets. Zipped the error file and attached it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError7z.zip (2.3 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: Script Error generated when child sim hands drink to her mother.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
So far it's occurred when the little girl brought her a liquid horror potion and a bladder flow potion. It's the only two times Error trap has reset the sim and it occurred right after the effect of the potion took hold so I assume they were related.

I'm guessing you are also using a No/Less Scolding/Punishment tuning mod? Seems like the game will have problems trying to punish the child when such a mod is present. I've updated the mod to work around the issue so it should be safe use with such mods for now. Thanks for the report and the ScriptError (If you aren't using such a mod though I'm not sure what would cause the issue, but give the new version a try anyhow)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
I'm guessing you are also using a No/Less Scolding/Punishment tuning mod? Seems like the game will have problems trying to punish the child when such a mod is present. I've updated the mod to work around the issue so it should be safe use with such mods for now. Thanks for the report and the ScriptError (If you aren't using such a mod though I'm not sure what would cause the issue, but give the new version a try anyhow)

Yeah that's probably the cause. It occurred to me a few hours ago that might be why it was malfunctioning when a kid delivered the potion but not an adult. Thanks for the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:46 PM
This is really helpful! Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 5:05 AM
I was wondering if there is an earlier version of this? Since I've moved to China I can't update my game so I'm stuck at 1.5- but this an awesome idea! Especially when you want to keep your household kind of light but want to keep your partner/ lover around with you. I had one couple have to go through so much heartbreak because of this- but we had 7 kids so him staying with the family wasn't an option. After a week (RL time) of trying to get him to take the young again potion...he died of old age, unfortunately for his partner- he had already taken it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shinigamigurl
I was wondering if there is an earlier version of this?

Unfortunately this mod was built on the 1.67 patch so there are no earlier versions. It may still work even on previous patches but I can't guarantee that, you'll just have to try it and see for yourself I'm afraid.
Page 1 of 2