Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Realistic Dining For Sims (UPDATED 06/08)

by Wee Albet Posted 5th Aug 2014 at 2:22 AM - Updated 16th Feb 2015 at 1:23 AM by Wee Albet : Updated files

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 62 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:23 AM
I only had a mod that reduced the value of snacks which I loved, but this mod combines that with slower eating, licking plates clean and ice cones? Downloaded and trying very soon. Using version 1.67 but I don't think that differs much from 1.63 especially in this department.

So a big thanks you from me!
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:49 AM
Hey wee Albet, Its Simmer shymamii from youTube I just installed the mod and had my sim with no cooking skill prepare a meal her hunger was filled completely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:53 AM
thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:53 PM
What a great idea WeeAlbert...it was always such a chore to get the family to sit down and actually finish a meal together. Thanks for making this. Can't wait to try it out. Posted your link over at NRaas...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:27 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:08 PM
This is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:14 PM
Hey Wee Albet <waves> finally got onto MTS to grab a copy of your mod [^.^]

Starby [^.^]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shymami
Hey wee Albet, Its Simmer shymamii from youTube I just installed the mod and had my sim with no cooking skill prepare a meal her hunger was filled completely.

Hi there Shymamii! Do you have any other mods which alter the food gain for Sims? I've been using this mod for a while and some others have used it too and I've heard nothing about this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:49 AM
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 4:19 AM
You rock so hard, my garden even thanks you. THANK YOU.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 6:40 AM
Tried this but I still think meals are filling more than they should: a hot dog almost filled all my sim hunger need. Is there a way to set different fillings for types of food like TS2(more gourmet/complex food like grilled salmon filled more than simpler ones like mac and cheese in TS2)? I modified that 8 plates to the EA standard 'cause I'm playing a household of 3 so I don't like too much plates. But thanks for doing it I'll be checking the xml to see if I can tune something else for my personal taste.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 9:26 AM
Thank you for that. This was just one of the many things the S2 had an advantage in over S#, Very cool.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:46 AM
I'll try this too! It's very nice. Sometimes in TS2 it annoys me when sims eat for so long time, but in TS3 it's hard to get whole family to eat together like you said. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:37 PM
thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for the update WeeAlbert. Grabbing it now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 4:30 PM
Thank for creating this mod!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wee Albet
Hi there Shymamii! Do you have any other mods which alter the food gain for Sims? I've been using this mod for a while and some others have used it too and I've heard nothing about this.

hmm not that I know of, I do have the mod that changes energy for the hot beverages, could that be the culprit?

I will double check in the meantime thnx for replying :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shymami
hmm not that I know of, I do have the mod that changes energy for the hot beverages, could that be the culprit?

I will double check in the meantime thnx for replying :D

Hmmmm, I think I know which mod you mean as I use one myself. The coffee and food are coded in separate files and there isn't any cross over between them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Tried this but I still think meals are filling more than they should: a hot dog almost filled all my sim hunger need. Is there a way to set different fillings for types of food like TS2(more gourmet/complex food like grilled salmon filled more than simpler ones like mac and cheese in TS2)? I modified that 8 plates to the EA standard 'cause I'm playing a household of 3 so I don't like too much plates. But thanks for doing it I'll be checking the xml to see if I can tune something else for my personal taste.

Hi there! I'd changed all of this to suit my own play style too. I love having my Sims eat dessert in TS2 but I couldn't have them do that in TS3 without the weight gain. I was wanting to change the dishes so that they can give more or less Hunger per meal, but unfortunately that wasn't an option (that I could see). If you're using my mod to change the values, I've also put in the EA default of the originals (200 is the maximum Hunger points, so a full bar) so feel free to scale things on them
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:41 AM
This is great! Do you know if you could make a mod that makes the sims stop choking every single time they eat? I find it extremely annoying, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 3:40 AM
I like my Sims to eat together too! Thank you for this mod :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 6:53 AM
Hey WeeAlBet! I installed this version and now it works I'm not sure what was going on but I'm happy! Thank you soo much for this mod! ^_^ I also did a mod review on this mod I hope you don't mind. I gave all credits to and post links to the Mod and your Channel

Its here if you want to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGGjfw1LYM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM
I like the idea of making a food less fulfilling, kinda hate it when my sim gets full after eating a cookie.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:45 AM
So happy for you Weealbet! This mod is great in my opinion :D
Page 1 of 4