Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 5:11 AM
Quote:
did you copy all the associated files and fixed their references to the mdl file?

here's resources and link for an object:
OBJK (object key) => VPXY (object proxy) (Ingredient dont need OBJK)
VPXY => LITE (lighting data) /RIG (rig resource?) /FTTP (model footprint?) /MODL
MODL => IMG/MLOD

since I changed MODL instance, I edited VPXY to point to new one

Quote:
there is a file that defines the camera position and scale during the rendering process of the thumb, but I don't recall the file type. probably you need to change the groupid and resourcekey of this file.

please please please recall it.
i also try to change fttp/rig/img instance to fnv64 hash of new string name but dont work too
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 5:16 AM
Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate your help. Someday I'll try again to do my "white rice",
I was so close: I could buy it from registers and order it in "restaurants" but
couldn't get to make/cook it from the fridge/oven.

Arsil, can try to ask this mod author http://modthesims.info/d/523004 for help
Inventor
#28 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tenmang
please please please recall it.
i also try to change fttp/rig/img instance to fnv64 hash of new string name but dont work too

Ohh sorry, I didn't understand your issue before. I was thinking about the VPXY file, but now I don't think they define the rendering properties like I said before.

Like @Arsil said before, maybe the ingredient's thumb from EPs or basegame are stored somewhere else, like buy/build mode object's thumb.
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 6:00 AM
Quote:
Like @Arsil said before, maybe the ingredient's thumb from EPs or basegame are stored somewhere else, like buy/build mode object's thumb.

ok thanks all, i will try to dig into this :D
Inventor
#30 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:09 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 27th Jan 2015 at 8:21 PM.
I will release, in a few days, a mod to load CC ingredients, recipes, fishes and plants. basically, the mod will read the xml files and parse the data into the game.

ready: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=546986
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:48 AM
im waiting for your mod . i wish i have crocodile from WA ep into my basegame, but im busy with ingredient. my laptop is slow so can not have many ep. modding is amazing
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:18 AM

finally i can make image from inventory bigger. but it isn't generate from MODL, it's a custom thumbnail. here is what i did
copy THUM resource from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package. replace it with any image.

ex., THUM of orangeStore
type: 0xAD366F95
group: 0x00000001
id: 0xB0C3602E002D2EDF
i notice the last 6 chars is of MODL id, but have no idea how to generate hash for thumb id. so i have to play the game to let it generate the thumb then copy it :-(
Inventor
#33 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 11:12 AM Last edited by Arsil : 1st Dec 2014 at 3:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tenmang
copy THUM resource from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package. replace it with any image.

Brilliant, I tip my imaginary hat to you. You edit directly the resource in that package or you extract it and put
it in the .package of your mod? Because if you clear the cache you'll lose all thumbnails in the first case.

Quote:
ex., THUM of orangeStore
type: 0xAD366F95
group: 0x00000001
id: 0xB0C3602E002D2EDF
i notice the last 6 chars is of MODL id, but have no idea how to generate hash for thumb id. so i have to play the game to let it generate the thumb then copy it :-(

THUM resources are linked to OBJD just by having the same group/instance ID,
but ingredients don't have an OBJD so... uhm... do all IDs of thumbnails of
ingredients start with the same 10 bytes?

EDIT: Oh, I bet they do. I checked the thumbnails of foods/recipes and they all start
with the same 10 bytes: 198D782688, so I guess it's the same with ingredients
with the "prefix" B0C3602E00 (well, maybe it depends if it's a fruit or vegetable
or fish or whatever). EDIT2: maybe ingredients from a particular store set use their own prefix.
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:30 AM
Quote:
You edit directly the resource in that package or you extract it and put it in the .package of your mod? Because if you clear the cache you'll lose all thumbnails in the first case

oh dear, copy it :-D it will override

Quote:
THUM resources are linked to OBJD just by having the same group/instance ID,
but ingredients don't have an OBJD

yee THUM for OBJD have type: 0x05B1B524/525/526
this is type: 0xAD366F95

Quote:
do all IDs of thumbnails of ingredients start with the same 10 bytes?
EDIT: Oh, I bet they do. I checked the thumbnails of foods/recipes and they all start
with the same 10 bytes: 198D782688, so I guess it's the same with ingredients
with the "prefix" B0C3602E00 (well, maybe it depends if it's a fruit or vegetable
or fish or whatever). EDIT2: maybe ingredients from a particular store set use their own prefix

the ingredients from ep7 or store don't have the same "prefix" B0C3602E00, it's just orange. i don't see what is common for the first 10 bytes.
maybe that first 10 bytes just a random :-D. i've not try it yet
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:41 PM
Those thumbnail images look awesome tenmang, great job!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 5:17 PM
Hello everyone!
I need to get the mesh of ingredients, to convert to The Sims 2, but none has a visible name.
How do i find the resource MODL for example of the ghost chili?
Inventor
#37 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:30 PM Last edited by Arsil : 6th Feb 2015 at 1:19 PM.
Ingredients/Plants/Recipes from EP/SP and maybe also Store Items use the EP/SP hex "code"
you see in the GroupID also as "prefix" in the Instance ID of the meshes (MODL and MLODs,
allegedly also VPXY)

So if douglasveiga's tool hashes a string to the IID:
0x0000000000XXXXXX - you have to replace the the 9th and 10th digit with the code of the EP/SP/whatever
0x0000000070XXXXXX - this is for Supernatural for example

I hope I'll be able to cover this topic better in a kind of step by step guide I'm doing in another thread (in Object Creation).

EDIT: Nope, I'm totally wrong. I got confused with something else... still investigating.
EDIT2: Yep, I was right. And this is also true for plants and recipes.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Ingredients/Plants/Recipes from EP/SP and maybe also Store Items use the EP/SP hex "code"
you see in the GroupID also as "prefix" in the Instance ID of the meshes (MODL and MLODs,
allegedly also VPXY)

So if douglasveiga's tool hashes a string to the IID:
0x0000000000XXXXXX - you have to replace the the 9th and 10th digit with the code of the EP/SP/whatever
0x0000000070XXXXXX - this is for Supernatural for example

I hope I'll be able to cover this topic better in a kind of step by step guide I'm doing in another thread (in Object Creation).

EDIT: Nope, I'm totally wrong. I got confused with something else... still investigating.
EDIT2: Yep, I was right. And this is also true for plants and recipes.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!
If it works!!!
1- Enter the model name (ghostchili) in the program created by Douglasveiga. Picture: http://i.imgur.com/bezUKOm.png
2- Replace the two digits dialed by Arsil, and search the resource with S3oc. Picture: http://i.imgur.com/eRhmaI3.png
3- Extract the mesh and texture with S3PE and ready to use. Picture: http://i.imgur.com/EYHSCCp.png
Arsil, you are a GENIUS!!!
PS: Does this method work for all ingredients?
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 3:31 PM
ahha while go around with ini resource, i see this thumbnailcamera which is object thumbnail overrides which is define the thumbnail generate from MODL. i post here for if someone will need it
Quote:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; Object thumbnail overrides
;; EXAMPLE, use the model name
;;
;[barbequeValue]
;PositionFromScale = true
;View = (-0.3, -0.2, -0.7)
;Up = (1, 0, 0)
;FOV = 12
;Type = perspective
;ScaleModifier = 0.6
;HashType = model ;; models need this line, otherwise they won't work!
;
;
; EXAMPLE, with default thumbnail camera but using a model bound to adjust the rotating preview display in
; Build/Buy mode. This example will frame a bound larger than the fridge so it appears smaller.
; If you want to use this feature, get the bound of the part of the model that should be framed from the
; modellers and plugin the numbers for the minimum and maximum. The format is:
; PreviewBound = (xmin, ymin, zmin, xmax, ymax, zmax)
;
;[refrigeratorValue]
;PositionFromScale = true
;View = (-0.15, -0.1, -0.35)
;Up = (0, 1, 0)
;FOV = 12
;Type = perspective
;PreviewBound = (-2.0, -2.0, -2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0)
;HashType = model

[ghostChili]
PositionFromScale = true
View = (-0.01, -0.25, -0.01)
Up = (0, 1, 0)
FOV = 12
Type = perspective
ScaleModifier = 0.6
HashType = model

;; Meals - Plates
[foodEatAlooMasalaCurry]
View = (-0.15, -0.25, -0.35)
ScaleModifier = 0.75
HashType = model

;; Meals - Bowls
[foodEatBowlCeviche]
View = (-0.15, -0.2, -0.35)
ScaleModifier = 0.75
HashType = model

;; Fish
[fishFairyDamsel]
View = (-0.75, -0.3, -1)
ScaleModifier = 0.65
FOV = 6
HashType = model

;; Store
[orangeStore]
PositionFromScale = true
View = (-0.10, -0.50, -0.10)
Up = (1, 1, 1)
FOV = 12
Type = perspective
ScaleModifier = 0.5 ;;; the smaller value the bigger thumb?
HashType = model

the above explain is from ep7 pack which is more details than basegame
1/ you can add your model (ingredient, meal, fish,... example [orangeStore], ahah i haven't try a plant)
2/ ScaleModifier = the smaller value the bigger thumb
3/ i dont understand these value, i try to change it but my eye can not see a change
View = (-0.10, -0.50, -0.10)
Up = (1, 1, 1)
FOV = 12
Type = perspective
4/ i copy ini resource from ep7 (i don't install ep7) to edit. but remember to change Instance because it will cause some (more than a half) game thumbnails is missing. so i dont know about override resource. it should override resource if keeping the TGI right? or maybe i messed my game
Forum Resident
#40 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 6:58 PM
I know this is an old thread (and therefore a necro), but I can't find anything anywhere else where anyone talks about anything similar to what I'm trying to do.

Right now I'm adding some recipes to the Recipes XML using the CC Loader creation program that Doug V posted in the first post. I've created the files, and embedded them into a new .package file, and edited the recipes XML. I'm not adding any new plants or ingredients, so I didn't mess with either of those files.

I'm also not creating new meshes, but just referencing meshes that already exist in the game. For instance, I'm adding a new type of cookie, but for the model and other things I reference the game's generic cookies. Right now I'm just trying to figure out basic stuff; I may worry about meshing later on.

The problem I have is that the recipes SEEM to be loading in my game, but there are no strings attached to them. The testing Sim I have has learned every single other recipe in the game (it was 100% for her before I added mine; now it's 96% with my five new recipes). The new recipes are set to Learnable, and not Auto-learn. I have created bookstore books for them, but I'm not looking at those yet. I'm using a mod that lets you learn recipes by watching the cooking channel. I'm getting the following message when she learns a new recipe:

I've added an STBL file, and I'm doing what SEEMS logical to add things into it, but since the strings don't show in the game, I'm absolutely positive that I'm doing something very wrong. I haven't been able to find anything anywhere that says how to create new strings using S3PE's STBL editor. I'm not even sure if I've added the STBL file correctly. Like I said, I haven't been able to find any information on this, so everything I'm doing is guess work.

If anyone can explain to me how to create the STBL file, and how to add the strings into it, I would be extremely grateful.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I know this is an old thread (and therefore a necro), but I can't find anything anywhere else where anyone talks about anything similar to what I'm trying to do.

Right now I'm adding some recipes to the Recipes XML using the CC Loader creation program that Doug V posted in the first post. I've created the files, and embedded them into a new .package file, and edited the recipes XML. I'm not adding any new plants or ingredients, so I didn't mess with either of those files.

I'm also not creating new meshes, but just referencing meshes that already exist in the game. For instance, I'm adding a new type of cookie, but for the model and other things I reference the game's generic cookies. Right now I'm just trying to figure out basic stuff; I may worry about meshing later on.

The problem I have is that the recipes SEEM to be loading in my game, but there are no strings attached to them. The testing Sim I have has learned every single other recipe in the game (it was 100% for her before I added mine; now it's 96% with my five new recipes). The new recipes are set to Learnable, and not Auto-learn. I have created bookstore books for them, but I'm not looking at those yet. I'm using a mod that lets you learn recipes by watching the cooking channel. I'm getting the following message when she learns a new recipe:

I've added an STBL file, and I'm doing what SEEMS logical to add things into it, but since the strings don't show in the game, I'm absolutely positive that I'm doing something very wrong. I haven't been able to find anything anywhere that says how to create new strings using S3PE's STBL editor. I'm not even sure if I've added the STBL file correctly. Like I said, I haven't been able to find any information on this, so everything I'm doing is guess work.

If anyone can explain to me how to create the STBL file, and how to add the strings into it, I would be extremely grateful.

You can use this: https://www.nraas.net/community/UntranslatedKey to the the paths that are missing translations. I hope this helps
Forum Resident
#42 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
You can use this: https://www.nraas.net/community/UntranslatedKey to the the paths that are missing translations. I hope this helps

Thanks for that idea. I have no idea if it will help or not, but I'll certainly try it. I've downloaded that mod before, but had no idea really how to use it. Guess I'll at least try to figure it out.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Thanks for that idea. I have no idea if it will help or not, but I'll certainly try it. I've downloaded that mod before, but had no idea really how to use it. Guess I'll at least try to figure it out.

There is nothing to figure out. Put it in load the game. All untranslated keys will be shown. So just look where your text is supposed to be and you should see the path.
Page 2 of 2