Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Keep Instruments in Inventory v6

by scumbumbo Posted 10th Nov 2014 at 5:10 AM - Updated 16th Nov 2018 at 1:37 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 5:43 AM
Very useful, thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:49 AM
Thank you, good job !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:51 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 11:24 AM
Useful! Thanks much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 2:05 PM
Thank you very much. This was an annoying issue for me so I'm glad that you managed it with this mod. :)
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 2:59 PM
OMG YES! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 3:48 PM
This has been driving me nuts! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:36 PM
Yay! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:01 PM
I have wanted this since the first time my sim played the violin. Thanks so much!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:09 PM
How safe are the musical instruments that I do not want in their inventories? Such as the instruments on community lots? No sooner have they played a wee tune on the communal violin while visiting the lounge bar, do they stick it in their inventories and take it home, essentially stealing it. Is this more likely now?
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
How safe are the musical instruments that I do not want in their inventories? Such as the instruments on community lots? No sooner have they played a wee tune on the communal violin while visiting the lounge bar, do they stick it in their inventories and take it home, essentially stealing it. Is this more likely now?

yes it is more likely like what you said in my game, too bad
I hope there is fix for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 5:33 AM
I love a small detail script mod that makes playing easier. thx for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 5:44 AM
great works! just what i wanted^^
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

That's fixed by the script portion of the mod. If the script isn't installed properly sims can, or rather WILL, steal instruments from community lots or even other homes!

The script, properly installed should always work to keep communal and other household items safe (unless something else in the game causes an error). I've yet to see it fail and I did a LOT of testing with both controlled sims and NPC sims. Even in the event of an error in the game, the script should "reset" the sim causing them to drop the item on the ground somewhere nearby. I had that happen a lot until I managed to get the code right.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 7:54 AM
Yes, this was one of the most glaring issues that bothered me in TS4! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 9:48 AM
Huge thanks for this, with multiple sims living together, the stray instruments all over the place were getting to be a nightmare. Any chance of adding the slablet tablet to the list of things sims will prefer to keep in their pants?
Deceased
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Twinsim
Huge thanks for this, with multiple sims living together, the stray instruments all over the place were getting to be a nightmare. Any chance of adding the slablet tablet to the list of things sims will prefer to keep in their pants?

Haven't looked at that one, been working on homework as that's another of my pet peeves. I think I got that nut cracked but I want to do some more intensive testing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 5:29 PM
Brilliant! You really make the most useful mods! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:58 PM
If you could do this with books you'd be my superhero!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 7:07 PM
Thank running
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:21 PM
could u please do the same for books ? because I hate how they randomly stop reading book and then put it somewhere , while im playing with another sim, and then I gotta look through whole house to find the book -.- annoys a lot !!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:37 PM
Thank you so much. I'll finally stop losing instruments in the park. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:23 PM
Many thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:44 PM
Great, thanks, that was most needed. Are you planing to do one for the tablets too? It's very annoying how they never put their tablets back in the inventory once they're done with it.
Page 1 of 5