Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

12 Wooden Panel Doors Restored To New!

by melbrewer367 Posted 7th Dec 2014 at 4:46 PM - Updated 10th Dec 2014 at 10:47 PM by melbrewer367

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:05 PM
Congratulations! now we can use a proper door. Thanks for the hard work
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:33 PM
I didn't even notice the nicks and dings until now. Thanks for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:42 PM
Thank you so much for this, what is it with maxis, they put dings and nicks on everything. There is a nice fireplace I won't use because of all the nicks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightstar
Thank you so much for this, what is it with maxis, they put dings and nicks on everything. There is a nice fireplace I won't use because of all the nicks.

I know! It's so annoying! I have made a list of all the object with nicks and dings. These are just the beginning.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:51 PM
Thank you.......Also curse EA for not making any of the doors lockable.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:45 PM
this is the good work!! thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 9:32 PM
Great job Mel ! Love it
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 9:32 PM
Great work! Now if only we could get some doors in other natural wood colors like we've had in every other Sims game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 10:05 PM
Also, thank you for setting them to a single tile - I saw no need for a 2-tile for many of them - made no sense. So.... YAY!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 12:03 AM
Bless you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 4:03 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 1:08 PM
This looks great! Now we can use doors that don't like they were dragged from the garbage. Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 3:01 PM
Yay! Thank you so much for these ^_^
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:20 PM
Awesome! Is there anyway to recolor them to a brown or like a cherry.mahagony? I can never find just the right dark wood door!
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparrowsraven26
Awesome! Is there anyway to recolor them to a brown or like a cherry.mahagony? I can never find just the right dark wood door!

Yes, technically I can change them to natural wood colors. However, because these are overrides you can only use one package at a time that affects these doors and you can only make as many recolors as there are color options in the game. So, with these doors, white is the only in-game option so I could only make 1 recolor. So, for now, I'm just going to leave them white. Once we have the ability to clone objects and add more color options I will change these to different wood colors!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:18 PM
Thanks so much for these. Give the EA staff members an extra hit on the head with your mouse from me....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:03 PM
Thanks! I would like to be able to have these doors in Different Colors too if possible or even a wood! To match the Windows Selections also of Colors!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:22 PM
What's the difference? You probably did a good job but I can't seem to notice any changes.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
What's the difference? You probably did a good job but I can't seem to notice any changes.

It's hard to see far away. Here are the close ups highlighting the changes for one of the doors. Pretty much all of the doors were the same though with only some of the marks moving around a bit.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 5:32 PM
Wonderful job! I hate how fugly the Eaxis doors are.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 10:29 PM
They are awesome and thank you for taking the time to fix them and make the handles silver instead of god awful gold that EA insist on using on everything.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skpamd
They are awesome and thank you for taking the time to fix them and make the handles silver instead of god awful gold that EA insist on using on everything.

Haha. You're welcome. Glad someone else feels my pain when it comes to the color of the handles! lol
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:19 AM
Awesome! I don't usually like overrides but every time I use one of these I roll my eyes that everything has gold handles. haha
Thanks for sharing
Page 1 of 2