Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Single-Tile Wooden Arch | One- and Two-Tile Version

by plasticbox Posted 26th Feb 2015 at 8:35 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2015 at 6:49 PM by plasticbox

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 8:43 PM
Another awesome mod :) If it wasn't for you my game would be blah
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:02 AM
thanks man !That's usefull ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:38 AM
You are one amazing dude, plasticbox! You create so many useful things that I just can't play without. Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:56 AM
Love it!! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 5:19 AM
Heck yeah. I was feeling the same way. Thank you for sharing these. MUCH APPRECIATED!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:07 PM
Omgness finally! LOL Thank you!!! So sick of a single arch taking up 2 tiles! I mean who's idea was THAT right?! LOL
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 4:01 PM
So useful! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 4:26 PM
The EA's people are always good for going half way on these things. Especially with S4. That's why I get psyched when someone puts out a real full matching set of doors and windows.

Great job!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 7:04 AM
You are amazing - again...another much-needed item or fix!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 8:03 AM
Hooray!! Frustration runs deep with the sims 4.....you just relieved some of mine! Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:26 PM
YESx1000
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:30 AM
Love your creations, very practical. Thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:06 AM Last edited by Kyrien : 10th Jul 2015 at 11:19 AM.
I understand that these are derivative of a set of doors, but they seem to have the opening/closing sounds intact. Is there any way to fix that?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 2:06 PM
Thanks, I can look at that. I never checked whether or not they have sound since I mostly have sound on very low or off when I play. Yeah that should be removable, unless it is somehow tied to an integral part of their ability to let sims through.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thanks, I can look at that. I never checked whether or not they have sound since I mostly have sound on very low or off when I play. Yeah that should be removable, unless it is somehow tied to an integral part of their ability to let sims through.

Much appreciated.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
Updated, thank you. This was interesting: I had previously only seen sounds linked via the rig, so I first tried referencing the rig from an arch, and then the object tuning too (both of which were surely not bad changes but did not make a difference when it comes to sounds), and then it turned out the sound is somehow defined in the HashIndicator list (didn't test to find out exactly which one/s was/were the important ones, I just copied them all from an arch) -- I wasn't previously aware (and haven't seen any info on that) what those were doing at all. Live and learn =)
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:14 PM
Glad I could help, and thanks for the update/response. I've spent the better part of a day or two going through a lot of your mods for use in my game, and I tend to test before settling on using anything I install. If you don't mind my asking, what's up with all the script call errors?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:30 PM
You mean when using the design tool in game, yes? That is an artifact of Maxis not adhering to their own specs kinda XD

See here for more info: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...t-cobj-objd-ids

Quote: Originally posted by SGMS | March 20
Hey guys, yes confirmed there is a problem here - I did not verify that it used to work but regardless it should be fixed. It's likely a problem on the C++ side. Will take a look as soon as I can, will keep you posted.

Quote: Originally posted by SGMS | June 24
Ack! Sorry I totally forgot about this one, thanks for the reminder. I have determined the problem - should be relatively straightforward fix, although slightly more complicated that some of the other ones of this nature we've fixed. So may take a bit longer to get to you guys, will let you know when the fix is released.

In short: objects are *supposed to* have very long instance numbers (like this one does -- so that there won't be any conflicts between different CC things on the long run), but in practice the redesigning thingy only works when they have short numbers. If I changed the instances in this object, it would go missing for people who already use the original (long-number) version in their games, and for an arch to go missing is a very bad thing (messes up the routing for obvious reasons). That's why I don't change the existing stuff .. when Maxis already say they will fix it, it should just be a matter of time. They usually do not even comment on anything that isn't 100% certain.

Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:24 PM
I read over it all and (despite the fact that most of it makes me think my brain cells are running on hamster wheels) I suppose it all comes down to the current way of making mods, not exactly being "result-friendly" [, if not somewhat borked as-is]. I'm glad Maxis is taking a look into it, however, as I'd only previously used CAS stuff, and to happen upon SCFs all of a sudden, was a bit jarring, to say the least. Luckily it only means a short stint of annoyances until a fix is concocted. My gratitude for all your hard work, and for getting to Maxis on it as well.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:50 PM
With "the current way of making mods" you mean using the short instances? Well it's a viable workaround for now (presumably those objects will also continue to work once they fix the issue), it only shouldn't be done for longer than necessary. In TS2 (which only had short instances to begin with), CC conflicts were apparently a real problem.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 2:03 AM
The Script Call Failed issue with recolours has been fixed in 1.10 (patch from two days ago). So these should now not throw that error anymore.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:00 PM
How did I miss this one?! *snatch* Thank you for sharing this. :D