Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 9:51 PM
And I'm official jumping off the RCTW ship, and only sailing PC for the time being after seeing this PC stream:

And then here's RCTW UGC video:
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 11:41 PM
Yep, there is no charm or identity whatsoever to be found in RCTW. I guess this what happens when you change the dev team as many times as Atari did.
About Planet Coaster I'm just a little concerned about how good will their distribution be. Kinda feel like a game I'd like to buy physical but that I'd be stuck w/digital here in Brazil, I'm wondering how many languages they'll support, as I don't think Frontier is that big of a publisher. Quite a number of their games were not published by themselves. I feel like PC deserves a lot more of attention and praise but that it still isn't getting all because they don't have the marketing capabilities of a big publisher. Hopefully after launch the hype will be real and lot more people will be aware of this gem.

I know EA is "evil and a studio killer" but if they were smart they'd work a deal w/Frontier just to publish and let the studio do their thing in UK. After all, EA doesn't have anything like PC in their catalogue and the hopeful me wishes a studio like Frontier would beautifully remake games like Theme Hospital. But then again it would mean being forced to use Origin and it doesn't have any mod support like Steam workshop(people still are not sure how modding will work in PC).

Let's just agree to disagree.
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Yep, there is no charm or identity whatsoever to be found in RCTW. I guess this what happens when you change the dev team as many times as Atari did.
About Planet Coaster I'm just a little concerned about how good will their distribution be. Kinda feel like a game I'd like to buy physical but that I'd be stuck w/digital here in Brazil, I'm wondering how many languages they'll support, as I don't think Frontier is that big of a publisher. Quite a number of their games were not published by themselves. I feel like PC deserves a lot more of attention and praise but that it still isn't getting all because they don't have the marketing capabilities of a big publisher. Hopefully after launch the hype will be real and lot more people will be aware of this gem.

I know EA is "evil and a studio killer" but if they were smart they'd work a deal w/Frontier just to publish and let the studio do their thing in UK. After all, EA doesn't have anything like PC in their catalogue and the hopeful me wishes a studio like Frontier would beautifully remake games like Theme Hospital. But then again it would mean being forced to use Origin and it doesn't have any mod support like Steam workshop(people still are not sure how modding will work in PC).

Nah, PC will be just fine. This is still only just approaching Alpha stage, they still have Gamma Delta and Beta to do before going gold, so they have a LOOOOONG time to go until release, and the game already looks ready for release, imagine what it'll be like at release?!

All they'll need to do on the advertisement side, because you're right RCTW/Atari has the upperhand on this one, is go to gaming conventions and get on the main stage to get their name out there, and the people will come absolutely flocking. There's no way a game so beautiful like PC could go underrated and missed. It might be a slow growth at first, but I guarantee it'll pick up.. As for languages, you should be okay with that too, you speak Portuguese in Brazil, correct? And they're in close proximity with the countries that created all these languages so I see no reason to why they wouldn't have an abundance of resources to translate to most of those languages being in the UK. I believe EA tried to buy Frontier before, but they denied, and for good reason. lol!
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 6:53 PM
I don't know any details about this game but based on being such a huge fan of the first three and what I just saw on LGR, I am so hyped for this game. This is the game I am most looking forward to this year, I just hope it doesn't go the download only/ only through steam route, that would be a real kick in the nads.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#30 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Nah, PC will be just fine. This is still only just approaching Alpha stage, they still have Gamma Delta and Beta to do before going gold, so they have a LOOOOONG time to go until release, and the game already looks ready for release, imagine what it'll be like at release?!

All they'll need to do on the advertisement side, because you're right RCTW/Atari has the upperhand on this one, is go to gaming conventions and get on the main stage to get their name out there, and the people will come absolutely flocking. There's no way a game so beautiful like PC could go underrated and missed. It might be a slow growth at first, but I guarantee it'll pick up.. As for languages, you should be okay with that too, you speak Portuguese in Brazil, correct? And they're in close proximity with the countries that created all these languages so I see no reason to why they wouldn't have an abundance of resources to translate to most of those languages being in the UK. I believe EA tried to buy Frontier before, but they denied, and for good reason. lol!

Well, considering their website is available in English, French, Deutsch and Russian, we can already know these languages will be available for sure. I'm okay if I have to play in English, most of games have Spanish, Italian & French translations(and actually understanding Spanish and even Italian is quite easy for a Portuguese native speaker, I find french more complicated), but some do not have Portuguese.
Ironically Unravel was published by EA but doesn't have Pt; some people don't buy because of it, but then again they might have done some research and found out the market for this kind of game isn't big here, who knows. I have no idea if Unravel is selling well by the way, I've seen mixed reviews, but I'm quite fond of it.

I worry more about the market over here but some people always find a way (making teams) to translate ourselves some games(It's just no good when there are lots of patches and dlc 'cause it breaks everything) I believe RCT3 translation was done this way by the players here. When the game is "done", all patches and dlc the translations work fine. And you're right, PC is looking awesome and probably will capitalize on being the Cities Skylines to Simcity of RCT.

Now, I'm seeing more games being available in Portuguese like DAI, Mortal Kombat, etc Unfortunately in many recent cases they're pushing dubbed version and boy, do they suck. There is this crazy trend here of pushing celebrity to voice leads in some game as a way to promote games, like local rock band vocalists that never ever voiced anything or took any acting classes so you can imagine it. So then people have to install the game in the original language to bypass the trash voice acting.

I had no idea EA tried to buy Frontier. Are they selling PC at Steam(for us it's a way of buying using converted prices and avoiding the abusing taxes of our country)? So far I've only seen it on their own store and this is no good for us, Brazilians, our currency is going downhill nowadays(more than ever). Frontier selling their own games is kinda recent, I'm mean, not so recent, but the majority of their titles wasn't published by themselves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front...Games_developed

Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 9:36 PM
Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly if there will be worldwide box copies of the game. It was mentioned when the store first went up, but as of right now it's not ported to steam and I'm not sure if they intend to or not.

However, for some reason, I vaguely and I mean VAGUELY remember them saying something about working with publishers to get the boxed copies at least in the UK/Europe.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 10:04 PM
That's looking more and more like fun.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 5:43 PM
I can't wait for march 16th, to see the experience of others. Also, when is RCTW coming out?
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:29 AM
And LOADS of spillage in the last stream for PC:

RMC confirmed, dueling coasters confirmed, possible switch tracks, water ride(s) confirmed, and biggest news of all...

MARCH 22ND! ALPHA BEGINS! #ChiefBeefBelief
Field Researcher
#35 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 6:18 AM
Free Alpha?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#36 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 2:29 PM
Not free alpha, you have to sign up to the alpha-testing. The final release is slated for the autumn I think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 7:22 AM
Yeah, no free alpha. Early-Bird Access is a whopping $74.99. However, Alpha is live until release, so you'll get a good 6+ months of playing from it.

I'm currently contemplating purchasing it or not, because that's a kinda a dip in my pocket. I could use $75 for so much more, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#38 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Yeah, no free alpha. Early-Bird Access is a whopping $74.99. However, Alpha is live until release, so you'll get a good 6+ months of playing from it.

I'm currently contemplating purchasing it or not, because that's a kinda a dip in my pocket. I could use $75 for so much more, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist.

Yeah I thought that too but I'm still playing Fallout 4 to death (new DLC in about a week) and doing some other stuff so I decided to wait.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 7:54 PM
I have no money for that and I doubt you can get access via steam...

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
I have no money for that and I doubt you can get access via steam...

Yes, they said on the video 'currently no Steam key'.

Instructor
#41 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 11:46 PM
People mentioned their other game Elite: Dangerous is on Steam, but it was only released there after they got a good number of sales on their own store. They also gave a steam key for those that had already bought the game. I read something like "we know how it was important for the players in Elite" in their official forums, so I guess we'll be seeing this happening for Planet Coaster.

I don't have money for Alpha neither I want to try it, I'm pretty sure it'll crash for me or something terrible w/my luck and outdated specs. I'm still waiting for the system requirements and guessing I'll be able to run it on medium and if I'm optimistic high settings, never will I see the game in all its splendor if I don't update my system.

Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 6:38 PM
PLANET COASTER ROUNDUP:
These are the most recent alpha promos:
Two days to go! (now one day to go as I post this)

Park Entrances

And the embargo for last week's event has lifted and gameplay and info is slowly pouring in:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...aster-hands-on/
http://tweakers.net/reviews/4477/pl...bouwwerken.html
Instructor
#43 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 3:35 AM
Everything you need to know about the Planet Coaster alpha:

Quote:
What are the minimum specs required to play the Planet Coaster alpha?

You will need the following minimum spec in order to play the alpha:

Windows 7 64bit or newer
Intel Core i5 -2300, AMD FX-4300 or better
8GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 560 / ATI Radeon 7850 Graphics card with 2GB of Graphics Memory or better

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...t-Coaster-alpha

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 8:54 PM
By the looks of livestreams... game is absoloutely amazing and gorgeous! Only concern are the pathways... I hope they fix them.

Everything else ( Peeps, Modular building, Coasters, Terrain, Camera and detailed models), it's all perfect! I want it now!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 10:26 PM
It really is starting to look good. I think this will be on my autumn schedule.

Theorist
Original Poster
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 10:52 PM
The only worry I've got is the park size... they look to be the same size of RCT3's largest size, which was often too small.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#47 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:35 AM
I've not seen size mentioned. Hopefully, they'll do something like Cim City (Cities Skylines) and let you buy new blocks.

Theorist
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:08 PM
Well, Alpha looks amazing, I plan to buy it next week when I come back from vacay, and I'll share some photos!

If you're looking to see some yourself, I'd recommend heading over to the PC Forums, or Shyguysworld (Too many to repost/don't want to give too much indirect traffic to them).

As for live footage, head over to twitch.tv, plenty of streams, there's more than likely streams on youtube gaming as well. Also several big shot youtubers are recording series. I was watching Flabiliki earlier, but I have yet to find a youtuber who takes the game seriously. Also, there's footage in threads on the two forums listed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Any thoughts on Alpha yet from anyone?
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 9:44 AM
It's said that you can get bigger size by buying blocks in career mode. They also said that size in sandbox mode will surely be 4x bigger than it's in alpha. They also said that they'll look into making it even bigger than that.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 11:16 AM
And RCTW is finally out in Early Access. It's extreme s**t!

Most of the players are complaining because of lag, awful graphics and restrictive tools. Some are still defending it, or believing it's beter than any RCT game.

Here's the only video of the game I could find. The game is on max settings and while it does not lag, it has a lot of glitches and it's clear how shitty it really is. I don't know how can someone say that this is good.

There's no building section! It seems that some sounds are recycled from RCT3 and some are just sounds of horror. Stalls are gigantic. Path system is not fixed, and it seems that there are only two rollercoasters!

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEZolzn-PEI

Also, I'm starting to think that the game was made just so ATARI could get money from RCT fans that were so hungry for the next RCT game these 13 years. It seems that most of the players spent their 2h refund time wating for game to load or wasting time on lag and bugs. I'm now officially hating game publishing industry and turning to indie games.

Page 2 of 4