Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated Again: Cabin Slats Add-Ons

by plasticbox Posted 20th Apr 2015 at 4:26 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2015 at 5:07 PM by plasticbox

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 4:56 PM
Thanks! I have been using the original versions of these a lot and these variations will really make things a lot more diverse. The more open one is great, as I like curtains in bedrooms but hate the feeling of a totally closed one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 6:05 PM
Thank you!!! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 9:45 PM
Thank you so much. I find myself not using most of Maxis covering because they block out the light. Imagine blocking out more light in a game that is already light challenged. And don't even get me started on how most of the covering that are not curtains are too wide. Than k you again for all your work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 2:01 AM
They look lovely, I think they will be a good addition in any home.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 5:35 AM
Thank you very much !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 11:07 AM
Thank you, these are great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:33 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:32 PM
I love these, and I'd like to recolor them for personal use, but I can't seem to export the textures in Sims4Studio. Do you know why that would be, or could you post the textures by any chance? Thanks so much anyway.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2015 at 10:36 PM
The textures are the original Maxis textures of the original two-tile cabin slats. They are all referenced, not included, so that the game doesn’t need to load four different (nearly-)identical ones.

If S4S can’t deal with that I could upload the .wrk files if you want.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The textures are the original Maxis textures of the original two-tile cabin slats. They are all referenced, not included, so that the game doesn’t need to load four different (nearly-)identical ones.

If S4S can’t deal with that I could upload the .wrk files if you want.

Sorry for the late reply, yes please.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:32 PM
@c_g I put them in the first post. Have fun!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 2:15 AM
Thanks so much!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:22 PM
Updated with some newfangled open/closedness-by-designtool technology. This will only be useful for those who have 1.10 and later.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:13 AM
Thank you, I have been looking for curtains like these. Can you make more color shades. I am personally looking for a faded yellow (like the color of the sun, but faded). Thanks again for this!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:35 AM
Please use the Discussion > Where Can I Find forum when you are looking for something (or even better, the Create forum to learn how to do it yourself).

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:47 PM
YeahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:15 PM
Updated again: meshes are edited so that they can be combined with other curtains (includes a new override for the original too). Don’t know why I didn’t do that right away ..

Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 11:48 PM
Great Job :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:35 AM
Its tough finding well fitting curtains, in real life and the sims!!;-)