Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Variety

by plasticbox Posted 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:33 PM - Updated 14th Sep 2015 at 10:27 PM by plasticbox

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 6:19 PM
Much better!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 6:22 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much! You have no idea how much all those identical plants bothered me.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 6:34 PM
Very useful and needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:08 PM
These are beautiful!! Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:39 PM
Thank you! These look amazing! As someone who gardens in real life, those plants were really bothering me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 10:31 PM
Awesome! I hated that they all looked so same-y and fluorescent green. This is so much better.

(and thanks for the heads-up about putting harvestables in your pots. So cute, and I never even thought to try.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 10:09 AM
I sat and flipped back and forth between the original and the overrides like a million times. It is SO much better. Seriously. Please consider doing the rest? :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 10:16 AM
It's beautiful , thank you for this very useful initiative , nice work , thank you for everything
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:31 PM
Cute! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 4:19 PM
I love this thank you so much!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:11 AM
these look great. one question; are they compatible with the buyable herbs and flowers (made buyable by oloriell: http://modthesims.info/d/549339)?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:18 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 4th Aug 2015 at 5:54 PM.
Since the description of that upload doesn't say anything about overriding stuff, I can only assume that those are clones. I don't really know of course, I don't use that kind of thing.

Can't you simply get the harvestables from Buy/Build when you turn on debug mode or whateveritwas? Those would be the actual harvestables.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 5:00 PM
great!! Thank you. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 1:08 AM
I always wanted my plants to look better. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 8:46 PM Last edited by aberrantanecdote : 5th Aug 2015 at 9:00 PM.
i think they are just clones. i will see if this mod works with yours, and if not, i'll remove that mod and just get them using bb.showhiddenobjects. thanks very much for your response.

edit: can confirm your retextures don't work with the buyable herbs mod.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 10:26 PM
How do you mean "don't work"?

If that "buyable" mod is overriding these so they stop appearing at all, that would mean it contains redundant copies of the original cobj/objds -- wouldn't be the fist time people override something unannounced, but the creator should be made aware of it as they probably don't even know about it.

If you just mean this mod changes the appearance of the Maxis plants just fine, but not that of random other CC .. well yeah, that is to be expected. It's not supposed to change anything else.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:04 PM
my apologies for being vague: with that mod installed, your textures still work on the default herbs and vegetables, but not on the buyable clones that mod adds. sorry for my lack of technical knowledge; i'm a total mod noob.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 1:23 PM
Thanks for this lovely mod - gardening is one of my favourite things in the game and I hated how nearly all the plants looked identical!

I do seem to have a small issue, the harvestables seem to appear very dark? Here is a picture:
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 3:11 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Aug 2015 at 4:56 PM.
This mod doesn't modify the harvestables (also, it does not contain a rose bush). Does it also happen when you remove all other CC?

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Martine : 7th Aug 2015 at 5:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
This mod doesn't modify the harvestables. Does it also happen when you remove all other CC?

My apologies, I hadn't looked at the garden plants for ages and I just noticed it after putting in the mod. I took all my CC (including this mod), deleted all cache files and the harvestables are still very dark, so it looks like an EA issue!

EDIT: I asked about this on Tumblr, and it seems the latest patch broke the harvestables.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aberrantanecdote
with that mod installed, your textures still work on the default herbs and vegetables

OK; thanks for the clarification!

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Martine
seems the latest patch broke the harvestables.

Ah thanks -- you mean 1.10, yes? (I missed that there was a patch yesterday and don't have it yet)

That is good to know .. have you tried playing with your graphics settings? They do talk about messing around with shadows in their patch notes, but maybe one can counteract that by changing the rendering settings.

Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Martine
My apologies, I hadn't looked at the garden plants for ages and I just noticed it after putting in the mod. I took all my CC (including this mod), deleted all cache files and the harvestables are still very dark, so it looks like an EA issue!

EDIT: I asked about this on Tumblr, and it seems the latest patch broke the harvestables.

I've got exactly the same thing. I also thought it was something to do with Plasticbox's mod, but I also installed the latest patch at the same time. Like you, after removing CC, deleting my cache files and repairing my game, it's still there. To me it looks like the patch has 'erased' all the textures on the harvestables so that they just look black.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:45 PM
Yes, that is a patch issue. Here is the bug report thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...-unread-message

Page 1 of 3