Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smarter Autonomous Meal Sizes

by scumbumbo Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 10:23 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2015 at 7:27 AM by scumbumbo : No Script version updated for Sept 24 game patch

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 11:46 PM
You mods keep getting better and better :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM
I just had a problem with the autonomous meal preparation the other day. (A Sim of mine made a single meal despite having twin girls and a wife. -_-') Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:22 AM Last edited by egureh : 30th Aug 2015 at 7:01 AM.
Great, no more careless parent. Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:37 AM
Great!! Thanks!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:31 AM
This has always bothered me; thanks for fixing it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:11 AM
This is great idea , thank you for this beautiful sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:14 PM
Very much needed in my game. I'm tired of my sim mom preparing herself a meal while the kids have to eat cereal!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:29 PM
Freaking Brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:53 PM
Thanks for this much needed meal size mod for all of us to enjoy !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 3:25 AM
Thanks! The fact that such obvious things have to be modded baffles me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:52 AM
Thank you. A very useful mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:20 PM
Does this Mod allow for children to cook regular meals? If not can you make that a mod haha. I hate when my older Sims are at work and all the children can eat are cereal and chips (or microwaved meals that are always cold in the middle) if there isn't anything pre-made in the fridge.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 11:34 PM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 1st Sep 2015 at 12:09 AM.
A child sim in my household just created 10 bowls of cereal in the fridge that were not able to be interacted with in any way. They weren't going to eat them, as they later went to the fridge and grabbed leftovers.

I am using the script version if that makes any difference.

I will see if the scriptless also has this issue.

Scriptless also has the issue. The Sim won't eat leftovers that may be in the fridge, even if they are a child and their only options are 'make quick meal'. The cereal appeared in the fridge and nothing can be done about it.

The sim in question was using the activity table at the time.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:05 AM
With this mod, my sim keeps going to the fridge and trying to have a quick meal or cook a group meal, even though he just ate, his hunger is completely green, and he's the only sim in the house.

I am using the script version.
Deceased
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 4:55 AM
@IAmTheRad - I'll look into this.

@kandikatze - Is it possible that you are having a conflict with another mod? Try the scriptless version to see if that works for you. I'm not 100% sure how this mod will work if the script fails to work properly, but it doesn't seem like it should do that.

ETA - Kandikatze when you say he's the only sim in the house, is he the only sim currently present or the only sim in the household (lives alone)?
Deceased
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:31 AM
I wasn't able to duplicate either of these issues with either version of the mod, even with the script improperly installed. I tried both sims living alone and a sim with three children. I even threw an activity table on the lot to see if IAmTheRad's problem was somehow linked to that, but couldn't see that problem.

There are issues if you use the script version of the mod and the script is improperly installed, but neither of these problems occurred. The specific issues I saw with the script version of the package but no working script were: children could not get snacks (but could eat regular meals from the fridge, etc.), and older sims could not prepare meals autonomously if the household has three or more people. This makes sense, because without that script (or using the scriptless version) those new interactions that enable all that to work would not be tied to the fridge objects.

So both the above problems are likely a conflict with some other mod, or perhaps running repair game in Origin may be required.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 6:01 PM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 1st Sep 2015 at 6:20 PM.
It wasn't that a child sim couldn't get a quick meal if I manually selected it. It was when the sim autonomously went to get a quick meal from the fridge (in this case cereal) while working on the activity table, the selection action didn't queue up, and an unmovable cereal was placed in the fridge.

When manually selecting to get cereal, the action completed successfully.

I have no other mods that modify the fridge at all, not even store ice cream in the fridge as to eliminate any possible suspects. The only other scripts are yours to keep instruments in the inventory, as well as the full suite of MC Command Center.

[edit]
Okay, the cereals that were not movable were because they didn't technically exist. Going back to the main menu and returning to the game itself made those items disappear from the fridge. The non-existing but visible cereal also came up when a child was doing something else, in the second case on the monkey bars my Sim has in their yard.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:07 AM
I love the idea of this, but would you be able to add a flavour which makes sims only cook 8-person meals? I usually don't play large families, but still like the time conservation that comes with making only large meals.
Deceased
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:14 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (September 1, 2015) game patch.
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmTheRad
Okay, the cereals that were not movable were because they didn't technically exist. Going back to the main menu and returning to the game itself made those items disappear from the fridge.

I have had that happen before creating this mod, so I don't think it's related to this but I will keep my eye on it. Sounds like it is happening quite a bit for you so I'm pretty sure even though I don't get to play much that someone else would've noticed it if this mod caused it.

Btw, the way it happened for me was when I drag/dropped the cereal from the fridge to a trash can and it threw it away but never deleted it from the fridge. Not sure if that helps you figure it out as it doesn't sound like that's what is causing it for you.

Like I said, I'll keep my eyes open.
Deceased
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:23 AM
@kandikatze - I have seen that happen now where a single sim cooked a meal without being hungry, so I'll definitely be checking into this. I haven't seen it happen repeatedly, just once, but that does confirm that it can happen! Sorry if I made you look for a mod conflict unnecessarily!
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 2:03 PM
Thanks!
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:24 PM
This has always irritated me, but now thanks to this mod. I don't have to worry anymore : )
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 11:26 PM
@scumbumbo
I meant to get back to you sooner, sorry!
To answer your earlier question, he lived alone.
It's okay though, no worries
I hadn't noticed anything in larger households.
Page 1 of 2