Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 7:55 PM
My phone charger is playing up

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:28 PM
The modem betrayed me. Just when I needed to search something. Finally 2 and half hours later, after multiple attempts at resetting, and turning it off and on again: the internet returns. Not having access to internet at home is kind of scary, especially on a friday night.

Slightly off topic: I should watch Friday the 13th, since it is friday the 13th and I never got round to watching it
Scholar
#53 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Make sure you get the ale this time, ale-noob ...

I don't think they the Holy Ale anymore. D:

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Theorist
#54 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:32 AM
Dear Sony/Android,

When I turn my wifi/internet on my smartphone off by hand, to play a simple card game without annoying and battery emptying ads, I do this on purpose. So, please don't turn my wifi back on, while I'm at the same location. Even when I clicked on auto connect within range in my settings. Just respect my choices.

Yours Sincerely

Your owner.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#55 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 10:44 AM
@Viktor- I'm going to borrow your letter format

Dear HTC,

Why can't volume be easily and accurately controlled? The changes between volume levels is too big, the lowest often being too loud. If I there is a minimum volume, then I'd like to use said minimum volume without being deafened when in a quiet space. Fun fact: the minimum volume on all other devices that I own are all quieter than my phone's minimum volume. In fact this issue is the only reason I dislike my phone.

Sincerely,
Noa1500, owner of Paco the HTC
Mad Poster
#56 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:50 AM
Dear 7-11 and Chevron's MiniMart

Yes it was me who stole a handful of coffee straws for my hobbies.
I stole them because it costs too much to buy surplus and I only needed 7 each for the structure of a fashion doll desk (7-11) and 7 for tamping herbal substitute down cigarette tubes with filters. (Chevron)

I'm no different than when I stole pens from Microsoft or took a large handful of hard candy at the conference.

I'm currently living a hand to mouth life and 1000 coffee straws isn't affordable or economical.

Signed,
PANDAQUEEN, The Wee Cheeky Bastard

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#57 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Dear 7-11 and Chevron's MiniMart

Yes it was me who stole a handful of coffee straws for my hobbies.
I stole them because it costs too much to buy surplus and I only needed 7 each for the structure of a fashion doll desk (7-11) and 7 for tamping herbal substitute down cigarette tubes with filters. (Chevron)

I'm no different than when I stole pens from Microsoft or took a large handful of hard candy at the conference.

I'm currently living a hand to mouth life and 1000 coffee straws isn't affordable or economical.

Signed,
PANDAQUEEN, The Wee Cheeky Bastard

Dear PandaQueen,

You are hardly living hand-to-mouth.

Signed,
The Irony Board
Theorist
#58 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I suck at doing my hobbies. I am one lousy hobbyist.

So take up bird watching. It's the final fall-back hobby for hobbyists who have failed at all other hobbies.
It's so simple a hobby, software developers have used it in games because it's so easy to simulate. You just stand there, or sit, and watch birds. Binoculars are optional.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 2:54 AM Last edited by hugbug993 : 15th Nov 2015 at 3:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Dear PandaQueen,

You are hardly living hand-to-mouth.

Signed,
The Irony Board

It's funny how, for all your complaining about Panda's oversharing, you don't know a few things that she's openly shared in the past about her finances.

It's really not my place to talk about some parts of the situation, but for what I can say: Her income is extremely limited and inflexible - it's a percent of the average person's, so only spending half her income on living expenses is still barely any money at all. She's also trying to start a business with those dolls because it's one of the only ways she can actually get more than a pittance.

Now, would you lay off of her? Just today, you told her, "Isn't it nice, all the things your parents do for you? WELL, YOU DON'T LOVE THEM." Now, I agree that there is too much oversharing going on, but you really don't need to follow her around the site, snap at her every time she posts, and disagree with everything she says! And I would tell you that I know you're trying to help her, but I don't. Your posts sound abrasive and if you were trying to help her, you're sucking so much at it that I can't believe you actually are trying.

You're really starting to come off like you're harassing her.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Scholar
#60 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
It's funny how, for all your complaining about Panda's oversharing, you don't know a few things that she's openly shared in the past about her finances.

It's really not my place to talk about some parts of the situation, but for what I can say: Her income is extremely limited and inflexible - it's a percent of the average person's, so only spending half her income on living expenses is still barely any money at all. She's also trying to start a business with those dolls because it's one of the only ways she can actually get more than a pittance.

Now, would you lay off of her? Just today, you told her, "Isn't it nice, all the things your parents do for you? WELL, YOU DON'T LOVE THEM." Now, I agree that there is too much oversharing going on, but you really don't need to follow her around the site, snap at her every time she posts, and dislike everything she says! And I would tell you that I know you're trying to help her, but I don't. Your posts sound abrasive and if you were trying to help her, you're sucking so much at it that I can't believe you actually are trying.

You're really starting to come off like you're harassing her.

1. Do please show me the post where I said she didn't love her parents.
Because the post I wrote suggested that she doesn't respect them or appreciate what they do for her.

2. I am tired of the oh-so-cleverly put fantasies she keeps posting where she's playing the role of a little girl,
while being bathed, rubbed down with towel and tucked into bed by her sexual partner who happens to be old enough to be her father or grandfather...a caregiver to boot.

If the fantasies she keeps sharing on this website were of two adults, it would be bad enough. But her fantasies are just the sort that pedophiles enjoy. She's feeding into the delusion
that pedophiles are just loving the children they assault.

So sure, my distaste for PQ's inappropriate behavior informs my responses to her other behaviors. I'm not likely to be polite to someone who sexualizes the relationship between a godfather/father/uncle/elder care-giver and a little girl...even if it's an adult roleplaying the part of a little girl. That shit has no business on this website.

3. I do not "dislike" everything she posts. And btw, I should tell you - I have only one account on this site.
So the times I have disagreed...I did so only once...obviously I am not the only person who is disliking the stuff she writes.

Are you going to accuse everyone of following PQ around?
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 3:41 AM Last edited by hugbug993 : 15th Nov 2015 at 3:43 AM. Reason: slight clarification
1. Do please show me the post where I said she didn't love her parents.
Because the post I wrote suggested that she doesn't respect them or appreciate what they do for her.

Respect and appreciation are big parts of love. That is saying she doesn't love them.

So sure, my distaste for PQ's inappropriate behavior informs my responses to her other behaviors. I'm not likely to be polite to someone who sexualizes the relationship between a godfather/father/uncle/elder care-giver and a little girl...even if it's an adult roleplaying the part of a little girl. That shit has no business on this website.

And I said nothing about that. I do agree that that is oversharing and sexual fantasies in general should not be shared on the site. That's not what this is about.

3. I do not "dislike" everything she posts. And btw, I should tell you - I have only one account on this site.
So the times I have disagreed...I did so only once...obviously I am not the only person who is disliking the stuff she writes.

Are you going to accuse everyone of following PQ around?

No. Just the person who is following her around, because more than half her recent posts I've seen are followed by a comment by you.

Now, you admit that you have a problem with her that's influencing your opinion of completely unrelated things. Why don't you block her, then? It would probably cause a net gain in happiness on the site, since you get the whole site without her, and she doesn't get attacked every time she posts.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 3:47 AM
2. I am tired of the oh-so-cleverly put fantasies she keeps posting where she's playing the role of a little girl,
while being bathed, rubbed down with towel and tucked into bed by her sexual partner who happens to be old enough to be her father or grandfather...a caregiver to boot.

I have to agree with tsyokawe here on this - I have been left speechless at some of the stuff PQ has posted on that subject - I'm not saying she shouldn't get off on whatever gets her off, but we don't need to know the details. Thank you.

As far as her oversharing goes regarding her life, her location and her parents, she does share too much and it would not take a rocket scientist to work out exactly where she lives, and as the subject of a stalker once myself, frankly that thought scares the living shit out of me. She's been told this before, and she scoffed at the idea - saying that stalkers are likely to be trolls - Bullshit. My stalker wasn't a troll, it was someone I first considered a friend!

No one is being big meanies for the sake of it, people are trying to tell her that what she's posting is often so wrong, in so many ways, that she's a danger to herself. It would be more wrong of us to shut up and watch it happen and say nothing.
Scholar
#63 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 3:53 AM Last edited by tsyokawe : 15th Nov 2015 at 3:59 AM. Reason: grammatical mistake that made my teeth hurt
Respect and appreciation are big parts of love. That is saying she doesn't love them.

And I said nothing about that. I do agree that that is oversharing and sexual fantasies in general should not be shared on the site. That's not what this is about.

No. Just the person who is following her around, because more than half her recent posts I've seen are followed by a comment by you.

Now, you admit that you have a problem with her that's influencing your opinion of completely unrelated things. Why don't you block her, then? It would probably cause a net gain in happiness on the site, since you get the whole site without her, and she doesn't get attacked every time she posts.

I say again, I didn't say that she didn't love them. She obviously doesn't respect them, or appreciate what they do for her.

Yes, that is what this is about. She should be banned for the stuff she's written on this site. If she'd been a man, she probably would have been.
I doubt seriously if you would be playing the apologist if she was were a man.
Wisely, she's deleted the worst of them, (especially the one where she fantasized that a daughter joined her and her husband naked in bed - I reported that one.),
but there are still a few around.

I do not attack her every time she posts. Nice try, though.
Are we to hold PQ to a different standard from the other adults here?
I refuse to do so. In fact, PQ herself INSISTS that we treat her like an adult.

I'm giving you the last word. This thread is ruined enough. Go for it.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
I have to agree with tsyokawe here on this - I have been left speechless at some of the stuff PQ has posted on that subject - I'm not saying she shouldn't get off on whatever gets her off, but we don't need to know the details. Thank you.

[...]

No one is being big meanies for the sake of it, people are trying to tell her that what she's posting is often so wrong, in so many ways, that she's a danger to herself. It would be more wrong of us to shut up and watch it happen and say nothing.

But this wasn't a case of that. Panda's not sharing anything here that's worse than anyone else has. In fact, if anyone else had posted that, quite a few people would have thought it funny.

Now, I'm not saying that she doesn't share too much. She clearly does. But when it starts leaking over into insults and unrelated things, that's where it starts getting to the point of harassment.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:12 AM
But this wasn't a case of that. Panda's not sharing anything here that's worse than anyone else has. In fact, if anyone else had posted that, quite a few people would have thought it funny.

Now, I'm not saying that she doesn't share too much. She clearly does. But when it starts leaking over into insults and unrelated things, that's where it starts getting to the point of harassment.

In your view. It's about perspective and that's yours. We're all allowed an opinion.

We've all aired ours now, so maybe we should just move quietly on .. Yeah?
#66 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:14 AM
Uh... yeah... My first world problem is that my computer's power connection is broken and I jury rigged it. And now that I quit my job, it is not likely I'll be able to afford a new one, especially one that I could use to play fallout 4 (which I can't play now, and my son tells me is a boatload of fun...)

About folks other issues and the ugly turn the thread has taken... yah, you don't have to read posts from people who you're incompatible with. If you can't stop yourself from reading their posts, you can click on their name, then click on the add to your ignore list. Not that I'm saying anyone should do that... I'm kinda saying accept people who have the problems they have, you might learn about people.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:22 AM Last edited by Zarathustra : 15th Nov 2015 at 4:35 AM.
A log in my fireplace is refusing to catch fire properly, so instead it's filling my house with smoke... I think I'll have smoke alarms going off soon.

EDIT: Yup, I was right!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
#68 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
A log in my fireplace is refusing to catch fire properly, so instead it's filling my house with smoke... I think I'll have smoke alarms going off soon.

EDIT: Yup, I was right!

Isn't that a matter of having the damper open, and the hot air from the fire being sufficiently warmer than the room so that the hot air actually rises up the flue? Sometimes you can get cold outside air coming down the flue.

I donno. Just asking.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Isn't that a matter of having the damper open, and the hot air from the fire being sufficiently warmer than the room so that the hot air actually rises up the flue? Sometimes you can get cold outside air coming down the flue.

I donno. Just asking.

It can be, but in this case, all of those were fine- the firebox was plenty hot enough to draw properly and the damper doesn't work, so it's been open for about 20 years; it was that I'd let the coals themselves get too cold to catch as big of a log as I put on them.

I finally got it burning though, and the smoke alarm finally SHUT UP.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 7:27 AM
OK, are we pretty well squared away smoke-wise, this evening?
Stuart might have a little soldering job to do, but that oughtn't to smoke too badly.
Or maybe he'll wait until tomorrow, for better light and so Radio Shack is open.
dodgy builder
#71 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 8:23 AM
I'm at a spa and don't feel like going to swim.

Perhaps the log was wet?
Mad Poster
#72 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 8:40 AM
Reminds me last fireplace I had, it was built to heat the house (lots of them are NOT), but SOMETHING was wrong. Had to open so many windows to get the smoke to go UP the chimney, all the heat also went up the chimney, and the freezing snow was blowing into the house. Never did figure it out (even had it professionally cleaned).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 9:41 AM
I fear this thread is going to be deleted like the first, first world problem thread did due to the disagreements and maybe future ones to come.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#74 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 10:30 AM
@tsyokawe- I would recommend the ignore feature for this particular problem. I have found that it helps greatly.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
I fear this thread is going to be deleted like the first, first world problem thread did due to the disagreements and maybe future ones to come.

NOOOoooo.

Note to mods: I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I'll take care of it right away. {this, a quote from the Man in my House, who tells me this a LOT, says he learned it at Guy School. No man will confirm this, I think they are supposed to be sworn to secrecy}

But seriously, we are all feeling much better now, and will REALLY try to not be offended/offensive. Yes, I DO speak for everyone!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 3 of 17