Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sensible Cat Pattern Replacements

by zennyrpg Posted 29th Dec 2015 at 3:54 PM - Updated 30th Dec 2015 at 5:25 AM by zennyrpg : Grammer fix

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 4:36 PM
Yay, no more cats with 80's leg warmers!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 5:38 PM
Super useful! Pet breeding always bugged me in TS2 for this reason.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 8:41 PM
Thank you for no more strange looking creatures!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 9:25 PM
This is a great idea - thank you!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:51 PM
How will these affect cats and kittens that already exist?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:43 PM
Wow, thank you very much. I never understood how the passing on of cat genetics worked this will help a lot.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 2:45 AM
Could you post before and after pics of the replacements? It's hard to visualise some of them. Thank you for a great mod though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 3:01 AM
Amazing. Thanks for sharing this! ~two thumbs up and a T-button click from me~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
How will these affect cats and kittens that already exist?

This doesn't affect kittens, since as far as i know, they have no markings.

They will, however, *replace existing patterns on cats*, so if you have some cats that are using them those cats will look funny until you get them to a mirror. It really all depends on the breed/ what patterns your cats are already using. All replacements are in their own package, so you can pick and choose which ones you want to use.

Here's a little more detail:

cat_all_boots.package: Replaces the left-front boot pattern with a pattern that contains all boots.
*After replacement this pattern usually looks okay, since if they had a left-front boot they will now have all boots of that color*

cat_all_paws.package: Replaces the left-rear boot pattern with a pattern that contains all four paws.
*After replacement this pattern usually looks okay, since if they had a left-rear boot they will now have all paws of that color*

cat_unicorn.package: Replaces the "head helmet" pattern with a pattern that covers the chin and between the eyes.
*After replacement this pattern usually looks bad, since it takes the head helmet color and puts that on their nose. Switch the color to white to make the cat look good again.*

cat_siamese.package: Replaces the "back crisp" pattern with a pattern that covers the entire body except the points: ears, face, boots, and tail.
*After replacement this pattern usually looks bad, since it will cover most of their body with (mostly likely) a dark color. If you want a siamese cat, switch the color to white. If you want the cat to look like it did use the cat_underside_crisp.package pattern.*

cat_underside_crisp.package: Replaces the panda pattern with the inversion of the "back crisp" pattern.
*I don't think any of the default breeds use the panda pattern, so you probably won't have to fix up any cats. Unless you actually use that pattern... In which case you may not want to replace it.*

This mod is purely a texture replacement. So if you remove the mod, the textures will go back to what they were before.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 12:46 AM
So if I'm creating a cat with points I would start with white (or another light color) in the Siamese pattern, then add "all boots" in another color. I like lilac points, so I would have to layer 2 light colors. When you do that does the game pick up this blended, lightened color? I then would do the same thing for the muzzle or just the nose, and the outer ears, then add a custom dark "eyeliner". Guess I will have to experiment

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 9:52 PM
Works a lot more sensibly than the vanilla logic---thank you!