Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Two Soups

by plasticbox Posted 28th Dec 2015 at 12:24 AM - Updated 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:23 PM by plasticbox

103 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 1:58 AM
Funny I was just thinking yesterday we need soup for the game :P Great Job :)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 2:34 AM
Looks like a promising start to custom food in sims 4. Hopefully I see more custom foods
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 3:20 AM
Yum - these look great! Thanks. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 3:25 AM
Thank you, custom foods were one of my favorite things to download for Sims 2.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 3:32 AM
I missed custom foods in TS3 and now 4 so I hope this creates a trend. Thanks so much
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:47 AM
I was looking at the other upload about logical cooking and wondered where the tomato soup came from. Thank you for this.

Hope this starts up custom foods again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:53 AM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:32 AM
do Sims make it autonomous or is it player directed only?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:42 AM
Autonomous interactions are included (both for single and group meals), forgot to say that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 10:40 AM
I love custom foods, thank you so much for this, I hope to see more!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 11:37 AM
I was so much hoping that someone would make custom foods for TS4 at some point... I had tons of them in TS2 and loved them. Thank you! Hopefully people will come up with more!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 1:45 PM
I hope the custom food idea catches on. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 2:04 PM
You're amazing! Thank you so much for these custom food.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 3:00 PM
Thank you!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 3:53 PM
I'm way too excited over this! Amazing work, I can't wait to see people making more custom foods as it really adds a little spice to the game. Pun intended. You are always making the most innovative, high quality content. Thank you for your work.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 4:36 PM
Okay, so no matter which (all base game) fridge or stove I use, I can only access the foods via the "make custom food" menu. They made just fine, my Sims ate it fine as well. Only thing is, it wouldn't let me make them at all without the tomatoes or spinach in the fridge and it's a big pain for my non-farming sims to have to go in and purchase the produce and put it in the fridge myself. I'd rather be able to just cook the foods straight from the fridge, or I'm not likely to ever use the foods. Also, putting the mod in following MTS script mod procedure of putting the mod in as-is (not extracted) did not work, I had to extract it down to the packages and take it out of the folders in order for it to show up in the game. Not sure if that's just how it is now or?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 6:39 PM
Great!!! Thank you :-)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:26 PM
I can't seem to get this to work I have enabled script mods, and tried various base game stoves and fridges, but none seem to have either the custom foods options or list the new soups under the regular lunch/dinner menu. I've also downloaded the more logical cooking mod (the optional ingredients version). I don't have any other cooking related mods installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:57 PM
I didn't know I needed this, but here we are. It goes great with the winter mod. Nothing like warm soup on a cold morning!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starstrucksh
Okay, so no matter which (all base game) fridge or stove I use, I can only access the foods via the "make custom food" menu. They made just fine, my Sims ate it fine as well. Only thing is, it wouldn't let me make them at all without the tomatoes or spinach in the fridge

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. They require ingredients, like it says in the upload description.

I haven't used it lately but maybe try this mod: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=547049 -- it has two parts, one of which is to make ingredients buyable from the fridge, that should solve your issue without cheating or having to go anywhere.

Quote: Originally posted by starstrucksh
Also, putting the mod in following MTS script mod procedure of putting the mod in as-is (not extracted) did not work, I had to extract it down to the packages and take it out of the folders in order for it to show up in the game. Not sure if that's just how it is now or?

You need to extract everything, just don't mess with the .ts4script.

Odd that you're not seeing the foods in the "Serve .." pie menus, that is actually pretty straightforward. Have you tested without other CC?

Also, try putting everything in a folder that is directly in /Mods (not in another subfolder) -- there was a limit up to which the game dealt with scripts, I'm not sure what it is right now. But it's weird that only one part will work for you .. the script should be adding the interactions to the pie menus and the Custom Foods menu at the same time.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Martine
I can't seem to get this to work I have enabled script mods, and tried various base game stoves and fridges, but none seem to have either the custom foods options or list the new soups under the regular lunch/dinner menu. I've also downloaded the more logical cooking mod (the optional ingredients version). I don't have any other cooking related mods installed.

Try putting everything in a folder directly in /Mods (see my above post), not in nested sub-sub-subfolders. At some point the game had a limit how many subfolders it would execute scripts out of; I don't know if that still exists but if it does I'll put the info in the first post.

There is no conflict with Logical Cooking, I'm using that myself.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Try putting everything in a folder directly in /Mods (see my above post), not in nested sub-sub-subfolders. At some point the game had a limit how many subfolders it would execute scripts out of; I don't know if that still exists but if it does I'll put the info in the first post.

There is no conflict with Logical Cooking, I'm using that myself.

I've just tried this mod without any CC in my mods folder at all, and it's still not working sadly. The files are directly in the mods folder, not in any subfolders.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:35 PM
Are scripts enabled in your game? Also, do you sims have cooking skill 2 or higher, and do they have the ingredients?

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Are scripts enabled in your game? Also, do you sims have cooking skill 2 or higher, and do they have the ingredients?

Yep, they are! And I'm using other script mods (like Andrew's pose player) succesfully.
Page 1 of 5