Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ATM v2 Cards and Credit

by Zooroo Posted 9th Jan 2016 at 6:46 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2016 at 9:14 PM by Zooroo

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:04 PM
Such a neat idea! XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:53 PM
Шикарная идея! Огромное спасибо за мод!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:12 PM
Wow this is so great. The things the sims modding community can do with the game are pretty amazing.

Would it be possible or even appealing to you in any way to create a credit card type mod where you can apply for a card with more money than the family actually has but it has potential for debt if they can't handle the extra bills with interest.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daviisim
Wow this is so great. The things the sims modding community can do with the game are pretty amazing.

Would it be possible or even appealing to you in any way to create a credit card type mod where you can apply for a card with more money than the family actually has but it has potential for debt if they can't handle the extra bills with interest.

Thank you. Yes, that would be great! I try to make this possible. I hope that in the future will turn out.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:57 PM
A bit more of a description of what the mod does would be good. Do the funds just get added to the household fund - how does it work exactly?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
A bit more of a description of what the mod does would be good. Do the funds just get added to the household fund - how does it work exactly?

I agree, I think it needs to be more detailed. Do Sims take out money and gain extra funds? I am confused as to how this works exactly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar

Yes, all right! I made this mod to when moving (from parents or friends), I was able to save some money, divided equally or pick up everything. If a large family and want to play in a few sim separately. I just buy the card in the desired amount and sell when moving.
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I agree, I think it needs to be more detailed. Do Sims take out money and gain extra funds? I am confused as to how this works exactly.

I believe you purchase the item (ATM card) from the ATM for an amount of simoleons of your choosing, the simoleons are taken out of your household inventory, and the card is added into your sims inventory which you can sell at any time.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:21 PM
I believe you purchase the item (ATM card) from the ATM for an amount of simoleons of your choosing, the simoleons are taken out of your household inventory, and the card is added into your sims inventory which you can sell at any time.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:01 PM
Seems like this should be a Gift Card, not an ATM card. But the mesh looks great and I can definitely use this for the Bank that my Sims work for (Zerbu Turbo Careers Mod).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:27 AM
Is a great neat idea! Wish we could get loans from the cash machine, since we have the ask for loan option to people XD . Imagine how cool!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SHOWER_SCREAM
Seems like this should be a Gift Card, not an ATM card. But the mesh looks great and I can definitely use this for the Bank that my Sims work for (Zerbu Turbo Careers Mod).

In my country more likely use debit cards at ATMs ))))), but I'm trying to add credit.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:40 AM

Okay okay that makes sense, thanks!

@Zooroo, credit would be a great feature too! Put my Sims in debt. LOL.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:24 AM
I have an idea for an actual ATM, which I don't know if it's possible to do.
If you bought the card but the charge were negative, the ATM would give you money when you purchase a card. Then if you sell the card but the benefit is negative, it would cost you the money you borrowed before. (I don't know if that's a correct modding way of doing it xD)
For example, I select a 1000 simoleon card, so the machine gives me 1000 simoleons. Then, when I get the money back, I sell the card and it would be as if I repaid my debt.
Thanks for the mod btw :D
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:43 AM
Very nice project. Has a lot of scope for further development.

For those somewhat dishonest sims, how about adding a function to hack the ATM? If hack is successful, you get a bunch of free cash and a happy, self-satisfied criminal hacker buff and confident mood. Fail the hack, and you get a miserable, "you are a useless hacker" buff and sad mood, and all other sims laugh at you for being so rubbish. (Until Maxis give us police than can actually come and arrest naughty sims.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 4:04 AM
Excellent idea. Plus, it looks fantastic. Thanks!

There was just one problem. After playing the game for a few hours with the new item, I realised I had nothing to complain about. The item is flawless and works perfectly. Considering how much I love to complain, I was left with nothing to moan about! Thankfully, I can at least complain about not having anything to complain about. Yes, that is a valid complaint! Is it a bit of a last resort complaint? Absolutely.

As you can see, thanks to you, I must resort to desperate measures if I have any chance to express a negative assessment and proper criticism. Happy? My day is ruined! Perhaps you should consider people who enjoy complaining in the future and start making items I can find fault with. You scallywag! How do you sleep at night? Sometimes I sleep in a hammock because it's uncomfortable. Gives me something to complain about the second I wake up.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 4:05 AM
This looks pretty amazing. I personally can't think of a use for it at the moment in my own game, but the art, model and concept look great and completely sim lore friendly. Though I probably wont use it currently, it looks great just to have it in the game anyway
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 4:53 AM
Very cool concept. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:41 AM
Отличная задумка.Чувствую скоро в галерее появятся и банки!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:27 PM
Awesome Love this. Thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM
Spasiva
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:40 PM
Wow, what an idea! This is perfect for when young adults move away from home. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 2:46 AM
So cool! Amazing talent!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 8:22 AM
This seems to be a good alternative for what I want.

First, Mod you did a great job on this item and mod. I'm going to try it for sure.
Would you be able to do something like a separate bank accounts for the sims accessible from the computer? For example when I have 3 roommates living together I don't want their money to mix all the time, so whatever someone earns I go to the computer and deduct the amount from the family fund to his personal account.

There used to be a mod like that in The Sims 2 called Monique's Computer where the sims of the same family could have separate account and those accounts earned interest. Would you be able to do anything like that? would be great.
Page 1 of 5