Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible medicine cabinet 2.0

by gummilutt Posted 16th Jan 2016 at 6:54 PM - Updated 20th Jun 2016 at 5:20 PM by gummilutt

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:56 PM
Congratulations and thank you for this great job, you are the best.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:15 PM
lol mod thanks
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:56 PM
Oh. My. Goodness!!!! You did it! You really did it! YAY! Hooray! (Can ya tell I'm excited?)
Since discovering that cheating the cabinet into a wall behind whatever mirror I want to use doesn't work... I've just been putting the stupid cabinet on the wall as Maxis intended. It's REALLY been driving me nuts!
I am SOOOOO glad you found an acceptable fix :lovestruc

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:19 PM
Thanks a ton! I've been wanting something like this for a while now, and extra thanks for moving the cabinets to mirrors, I always go there looking, then remember they're not in there! Awesome.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:56 PM
Brilliant update. I always wanted the things to be invisible in the cabinet by visible out of the cabinet.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:26 AM
I'm so glad you like it Catherine! :lovestruc I was just about to send you a PM to let you know I finally came up with another solution when I saw you'd already commented. Sorry about the lot policy, I know it's a bummer when one can't include objects and have to link them separately.

Yes, me too jo. The interactions look kind of silly without the objects, so I'm really glad this approach took care of that problem too. I can't take credit for that part, it's a pleasant side-effect of the clone making it's own internal textures for the objects and the interactions still coded to call on the original objects.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
...I know it's a bummer when one can't include objects and have to link them separately.

I completely understand - and have no problem with it at all This is going to be a permanent "must have" on every lot from me, from now on! (Just like Menaceman's ceiling light fix.)
As a matter of fact, it's already in 3 of my houses - I couldn't wait to get in-game Thank you, again, soooo much.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 2:12 AM
Gummilutt, just gonna say, you rock. Love this set, and really appreciate you sharing it with the rest of us. If I could press the button 3 times, I would!
@Michelle - This is a thank-you button press just for being part of the community and sharing your knowledge!
@Phaenoh - This is also a thank-you button press for inspiring others to create wonderful works!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 11:56 PM
Whoa! This is one of those downloads that when you see it, you say "Duh!" and "How did I not know I needed this in my game?!"

Thank you, Gummilutt!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 8:58 AM
Wonderful creation! Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 7:48 PM
I was barely using the cabinet and now all my households will get one.
My sims and I thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 11:24 PM
Thank You
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 10:32 PM
For those who weren't sure if you are to use the GummiluttInvisibleMedicineCabinetMirror.zip and the GummiluttEnableClonedMedicineCabinetOptionsOnSink.zip together, the answer is yes. You'll need to install both files for this mod to work. I was in the same boat.:

The bonus file is optional (The last file in the 'Files' section).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terriecason
For those who weren't sure if you are to use the GummiluttInvisibleMedicineCabinetMirror.zip and the GummiluttEnableClonedMedicineCabinetOptionsOnSink.zip together, the answer is yes. You'll need to install both files for this mod to work. I was in the same boat.:

The bonus file is optional (The last file in the 'Files' section).

@terriecason Hi! Actually, that's not true, but thank you for bringing it to my attention that I need to be clearer in the description If you don't download GummiluttEnableClonedMedicineCabinetOptionsOnSink, the invisible cabinet is still a functional object that appears in game and does what it's supposed to do. It works. But because it is a custom object, the options won't appear on sinks as with the maxis cabinets. The invisible cabinet is there, and if you click it, the options are available. It's just difficult to click something that is invisible, which is why I also made a mod to enable the interactions on the sink. It's not required in any way, it's just easier to use the invisible mirror if you also have the mod.

So, in summary, the mod is not required for the mirror to work, but it will make it easier to use by enabling the interactions on the sink.

And to you or anyone else that is unsure of something, please do ask. I'm still around, and I'm happy to help. I do my best to explain in my upload text and make things clear, but there will always be situations when the information is not enough or it's too hard to understand. In those situations I will do my best to help you figure it out, but I can't unless you tell me what's unclear

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 9:30 PM
Sounds good, and thank you so much for clarity on the mirror. You've done a wonderful job on this creations.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@terriecason Hi! Actually, that's not true, but thank you for bringing it to my attention that I need to be clearer in the description If you don't download GummiluttEnableClonedMedicineCabinetOptionsOnSink, the invisible cabinet is still a functional object that appears in game and does what it's supposed to do. It works. But because it is a custom object, the options won't appear on sinks as with the maxis cabinets. The invisible cabinet is there, and if you click it, the options are available. It's just difficult to click something that is invisible, which is why I also made a mod to enable the interactions on the sink. It's not required in any way, it's just easier to use the invisible mirror if you also have the mod.

So, in summary, the mod is not required for the mirror to work, but it will make it easier to use by enabling the interactions on the sink.

And to you or anyone else that is unsure of something, please do ask. I'm still around, and I'm happy to help. I do my best to explain in my upload text and make things clear, but there will always be situations when the information is not enough or it's too hard to understand. In those situations I will do my best to help you figure it out, but I can't unless you tell me what's unclear
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 4:06 PM
thnx!^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 2:14 AM
The best, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:31 PM
It sucks trying to hunt the medicine cabinet down and being forced only to use that design. This is great.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
i like it maybe one day i'll download it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 10:43 AM
Hello! Thanks for the mod! Where can I find bathroom decor?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 8:58 PM
Here is translate description's on russian lol
Attached files:
File Type: zip  3ttu_Gummilutt_Invisible_Medicine_Cabinet_Mirror.zip (36.3 KB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 12:53 PM
This is absolutely wonderful and useful, thank you!