Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#676 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:59 PM
I want height slider that can turn sims into giants, with extreme heights...

Can someone edit the slider, please? I don't understand how to edit the mod... thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#677 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
To fix those kind of matchings the piano and the sim must interact with each other. For sims of different heights to sit on a fixed height chair the chair has to tell the animated sim to lower his arse. Probably very difficult to implement. Better not to use extreme heights.

I did end up making a smaller piano (shrunk it in blender by 10%) and the animations works perfect now for her and my other short sims. I like my teens to be small Sometimes it's a lot of compromises with the animations, but I absolutely detest same-sized sims.

Btw, is anyone having problems with the feet slider?
Instructor
#678 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:49 AM
Replace the Height Slider Short with this one. It fixes the bent leg issue with teen through elders. (Children and toddler sims will most likely need a separate height slider to correct the leg issue).
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Height Slider Short.7z (462 Bytes, 1590 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#679 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hanyasidik
I want height slider that can turn sims into giants, with extreme heights...

Can someone edit the slider, please? I don't understand how to edit the mod... thanks

Try heightslider1525teens.zip
The 1525 means the heights are 1.5 times shorter than usual and 2.5 times taller.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159
Test Subject
#680 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Try heightslider1525teens.zip
The 1525 means the heights are 1.5 times shorter than usual and 2.5 times taller.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

I have tried that mod, (even with the heightslider3.zip) but I want the mod with even taller version

Or like the slider edited by GuilhermeSchilling but in even taller version

In other words, my sims could turn into giants

Can someone edit the mod please because I don't understand how to edit the mod, sorry... Thanks anyway
Instructor
#681 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:01 AM
Lab Assistant
#682 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
Replace the Height Slider Short with this one. It fixes the bent leg issue with teen through elders. (Children and toddler sims will most likely need a separate height slider to correct the leg issue).

Can you make a version for Height Slider Tall?? To sims not "float" if I set it to 100, for example
Instructor
#683 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:54 PM
The floating issue with tall sims is something I can't fix. Simple editing the height slider will do nothing with the floating issue. The sitting animation with beds and chairs are made for sims the default height and a sim with their height adjusted will float or clip through the item. You can download blender and resize the seats for the height adjusted sim to make them sit correctly. Quote from Morphar's post (#667) "For sims of different heights to sit on a fixed height chair the chair has to tell the animated sim to lower his arse. Probably very difficult to implement." Implementing a method you will have to do to all the game's chairs, beds and couches etc..anywhere and anything the height adjusted sim can sit on. Another way is to not adjust the sim's height. It's something you will have to learn how to deal with unless you want to do those three methods.
Lab Assistant
#684 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:29 PM
God this is such a great mod ! I love that sims now grow everyday, and how they each have their ow physical characteristics now !
However, I wish EA had thought of that so the interactions would be compatible. Because some such as the romantic interactions look quite weird when the sims have big height differences...
Instructor
#685 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:50 PM
Most of the interactions have eye to eye contact which I love.
Test Subject
#686 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:31 AM
Hello, I've tested my modified version of the Morphar's height mod in simulation mode and I noticed the bug in the Sims arms. After that I tested and modified the original version of simmythesim and it worked normally without the bug. Now I'm just looking for help to fix small issues, like the one of tall and short Sims having a bug holding small pets and the sitting issue.

my english is not very good, you can correct me if I wrote wrong
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Mod.zip (10.1 KB, 1045 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#687 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:47 AM
You will need Bone Delta and S4pe.

BoneDelta: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=372169
S4pe: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/tree/develop

Thanks for your help, Manderz!

I've edited my mod, but I found a problem.

When I add the slider cheat to its maximum, it seems that the sim squeezed like in this picture.

One picture is when I input the cheat add_slider height 40, and the other is add_slider height 100. (The add_slider height 100 causes the sim to squeeze, while 40 is the maximum input before the sim became squeezed, so if I input more than 40, the sim becomes squeezed gradually)

Is there a way to solve this problem?
Screenshots
Scholar
#688 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
God this is such a great mod ! I love that sims now grow everyday, and how they each have their ow physical characteristics now !
However, I wish EA had thought of that so the interactions would be compatible. Because some such as the romantic interactions look quite weird when the sims have big height differences...

As IRL isn´t it?
If you chose a partner with very different height you will have problems in some situations.
Instructor
#689 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hanyasidik
When I add the slider cheat to its maximum, it seems that the sim squeezed like in this picture.

One picture is when I input the cheat add_slider height 40, and the other is add_slider height 100. (The add_slider height 100 causes the sim to squeeze, while 40 is the maximum input before the sim became squeezed, so if I input more than 40, the sim becomes squeezed gradually)

Is there a way to solve this problem?

(Offset will move the bone, scale will resize it. X is up/down Z is left/right, Y is forward/backward)

Looks like you need to edit the Spine0 I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Which is the top chest part of the sim that is caved in.
Test Subject
#690 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:52 PM
(Offset will move the bone, scale will resize it. X is up/down Z is left/right, Y is forward/backward)

Looks like you need to edit the Spine0 I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Which is the top chest part of the sim that is caved in.

It didn't work.

I also tried the same thing with spine1, spine2, root_bind, but still not working.
Instructor
#691 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 17th Feb 2018 at 4:17 AM.
It goes from negative to positive numbers. It's something to do with the top part of the sim's body. Just keep messing with the Offset it in BoneDelta. There will be a lot of trails and errors before you get it to work how you want it to and also you will be loading up and closing the game a lot.
Lab Assistant
#692 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GuilhermeSchilling
Hello, I've tested my modified version of the Morphar's height mod in simulation mode and I noticed the bug in the Sims arms. After that I tested and modified the original version of simmythesim and it worked normally without the bug. Now I'm just looking for help to fix small issues, like the one of tall and short Sims having a bug holding small pets and the sitting issue.

my english is not very good, you can correct me if I wrote wrong

Love this version!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Amei essa versão!! Obrigado por compartilhar!! (Principalmente pra crianças e bebes!)
Test Subject
#693 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
Love this version!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Amei essa versão!! Obrigado por compartilhar!! (Principalmente pra crianças e bebes!)

You're welcome, I updated the mod, I modified the physical structure of Sims who just grew up from toddler to child.

De nada, eu atualizei o mod, eu modifiquei a estrutura física de Sims que acabaram de crescer de bebê para criança.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Mod.zip (10.2 KB, 354 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#694 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:37 PM
I'm really pleased to see that there are people still working on this.
Is there any chance that somebody would be willing to make a version that automatically sets Teens to a slightly shorter height than Adults?
I say automatically because it really is a chore having to manually edit all of the Teens in the world so that they are slightly shorter.

I can't understand python tuning and scripting to try it myself. I have looked at it in the past and got nowhere.
I hate having to ask and put on other people.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#695 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm really pleased to see that there are people still working on this.
Is there any chance that somebody would be willing to make a version that automatically sets Teens to a slightly shorter height than Adults?
I say automatically because it really is a chore having to manually edit all of the Teens in the world so that they are slightly shorter.

I can't understand python tuning and scripting to try it myself. I have looked at it in the past and got nowhere.
I hate having to ask and put on other people.

The original Simmythesim mod did exactly that (the file name is Height Slider Growth.package): children grew gradually every night, and teens automatically became shorter the next night after their birthday and grew gradually to young adult height after that. This mod was still working after the toddler patch but was unfortunately broken after the Cats & Dogs update.

This an actual family I had in my game using that mod and without editing the heights manually. The teen is shorter, and one of the children is taller than his little brother.

Tall teens is really the one thing I really dislike about the game and I agree, having to manually make them shorter is a hassle... maybe if all of us who hate tall teens join forces we might convince a clever modder to fix this!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Mad Poster
#696 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:41 PM
I knew that the Growth version of the pack did it but I wasn't a fan of the gradual change and they started far too short for my liking.
I just want something that sets them to a standard single fixed height for all Teens that is slightly shorter than adults. Just enough to notice they are not Adults but not too much to make the animations look odd.
Using the original slider scale as reference, I found a range between -75 and -50 worked well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#697 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 4:43 PM
Anyone know if this mods works with 1.40?
Test Subject
#698 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
Anyone know if this mods works with 1.40?

You just need to download the Script fix by Ash77 in the post #392
Test Subject
#699 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:40 PM
Another update of my modified version of the mod, now it has a wider range of height.

Mais uma atualização da minha versão modificada do mod, agora tem uma variedade maior de altura.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Mod.zip (10.2 KB, 3516 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#700 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:48 PM
Thanks Guilherme!
Page 28 of 44