Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
Where can i find the TS3W.exe file? I didn't fidn it where I had to find it - I searched in my folder of program files (x86) --> electronic arts --> Sims 3 into the future and didn't find - so I clicked on antoher file, hoping it'll work. I guess that's the problem, but I really can't find any TS3W.exe file.

It's in Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:01 PM
Wait, I think I found it. My base game is installed through origin, I found it in Program Files (x86)/Origin games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
Cool, looks awesome! Bridgeport would look nice with bokeh DoF at night, too.

Been there, done that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:48 PM
Wait wait the nighttime totally needs to be darker!! Use TONEMAP shader and then set Defog to like 0.020 or 0.030 :D
Field Researcher
#55 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:48 PM
It still doesn't do anything.
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:51 PM
Weeeeell ya gotta be more specific or I can't help.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:54 PM
What I mean is, I change some things in, for example: colormood, bloom, sepia, EMPHASIZE, colormod etc. I click on 'save' and 'confirm' a thousand times and I don't see any difference. Yes, I stayed in the range the numbers can be.
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:57 PM
When you first load the game do you see white text in the top left corner of TS3's loading screen?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:59 PM
Yep. And some yellow, too:
Could not find application profile, falling back to default.
I guess that means it doesn't have a profile but I'm a 100% sure I made one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 1:03 PM
Did you also make a preset and make sure it's selected (highlighted in orange)? Try using TS3.exe instead of TS3W.exe
Field Researcher
#61 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 1:04 PM
Yes, I made a preset. Yes, It's orange. Yes, I will try that.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 1:07 PM
Wait, could the problem be there isn't a 93d9.dll file after I selected the TS3W.exe file? There is a d3d9.dll file, and it was next to that a red circle was, so I let it like that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 1:17 PM
Mmmm, not sure what you mean about a red circle but yes, a d3d9.dll file should be added to the same folder where TS3W.exe is when you create a profile.
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 2:21 PM
STARS
Field Researcher
#65 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:12 PM
Mmmm, not sure what you mean about a red circle but yes, a d3d9.dll file should be added to the same folder where TS3W.exe is when you create a profile.

You said:
Click + and navigate to the game’s executable, most likely in C:/Program Files x86/Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Select TS3W.exe. It should automatically detect which version of the .dll library files to create, in this case 93d9. Click Confirm. It will add these 2 files to TS3′s Bin folder: 93d9.dll and ReShade.fx. Once the game is run it will add a third, d3d9.log.
Removing a profile from the Assistant will delete these files. You can also delete them manually to remove ReShade.

After I selected TS3W.exe I get this:

Not knowing what else to do I click confirm, and there appears a ReShade.fx. file in my bin folder and a d3d9.dll file, nothing about a 93d9.dll.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:28 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 9th Jul 2016 at 3:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
Not knowing what else to do I click confirm, and there appears a ReShade.fx. file in my bin folder and a d3d9.dll file, nothing about a 93d9.dll.

Pardon my French, but that's the same fucking file. Alverdine misspelled it, do you not get that?

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#67 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Pardon my French, but that's the same fucking file. Alverdine misspelled it, do you really not get that?

Excuse me for carefully following the guide. I read 93d9, I don't know she misspelled it, I think I need a 93d9 - quite logical I guess?
Field Researcher
#68 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:03 PM Last edited by gittevdv : 9th Jul 2016 at 4:15 PM.
I did it with TS3.exe, and I succeeded - it did something - then it looked terrible and it didn't go back to how it was although I put the settings back to the default settings so I closed reshade and started it again and then it didn't do anything so I closed reshade again with the plan to just play but this time the game didn't react so I just restarted the game and will not touch reshade until someone gives me the exact settings to get a certain effect because just changing the settings the whole time without knowing what you're doing when you're actually just want to play is terribly annoying.
Yes, I don't like reshade. In photoshop the view/picture at least changes while changing the settings (which is with a simple, clear bar) and not after you fucking saved it and you can simply click on 'back' to remove that one certain thing you've done.
And most important, after you change it back to how it was, IT WILL ACTUALLY BE HOW IT WAS AND NOT CRASH
Mad Poster
#69 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
number range - You do not have to stay within the range listed in ReShade. I have gone over or under many times. All it does is amplify the effect. That's really all these numeric settings are - Just simple multipliers.

Really? Neat.

insert signature here
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 5:50 PM Last edited by alverdine : 9th Jul 2016 at 6:23 PM.
OMG sorry, I had no idea it was misspelt - I can see how that could cause confusion. I'll fix it now.

Edit: also, fair enough that you don't enjoy ReShade, esp. if you're having troubles with it.
The reason I find it superior to Photoshop is the ability to permanently enhance how your game looks. Photoshop will just take a picture and make it look pretty. ReShade will make your game look pretty all the time, depending on how you set it up.

These are some before and afters, this is actually how the game looks while playing and I hardly notice any performance hit.

Field Researcher
#71 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 6:11 PM Last edited by gittevdv : 9th Jul 2016 at 6:42 PM.
I can see why it should be useful. Once all the settings are good and you can work with it without problems, it can be very amazing. But I don't not like how my game looks and if required, I can use photoshop what will exactly do what I tell it to do and I know how it works.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:00 PM

Your game looks amazing already. That's almost cheating! But what about DOF? You gotta have a little. Like, just enough so that your UI is still readable.

insert signature here
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:08 PM
NO DOF FOR YOU! Lol, nah I find DoF just messes with the UI too much and is only good for screenies. Like even if you masked areas of the screen to not have FX added (and you can do that, btw, google 'Ganossa - UIMask') the pie menu that pops up when clicking on things would still be a hot mess.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:23 PM
Cool, I'm gonna try out that UI mask. I think I'll upload and share the mask files.

Edit: Alas, it didn't work.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:27 PM
I'm trying to install ReShader but keep coming to the same error and I have no idea what to do.

I've shown where I install it and the error I get.

I have tried both ts3 and ts3w
Screenshots
Page 3 of 6