Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 7:34 PM
LOL, I've just realized that I've forgotten all of my Sims 2 cheats and skills. Off for a crash course!
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#27 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 7:56 PM
@ezragok, @gazania You were both wanting a contest, here's one starting now!

Ok count me in! Here are some links to some community lots Bistro Reims, Pitt Street Shops and The Roller Pines.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 10:34 PM
Yah Karen! You never know you might come to like a bit of grunge.

Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
LOL, I've just realized that I've forgotten all of my Sims 2 cheats and skills. Off for a crash course!

feel free to ask, most of us here use these cheats all the time.

*grabs a drink of Justpetro's bar and settles don to watch* There are some perks to being a judge again- for the moment.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 10:40 PM
Thanks, Petro Between your tall, cool cider and Phae's further instruction - I think I am all set now...

I'ma just gonna kick back, keep sippin' and chill - 'til the 'City' says "Go!"

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#30 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
feel free to ask, most of us here use these cheats all the time.

Oh, I used to use them all the time when I was working exclusively in TS2. However, it's been a few years and I've been mainly playing around in TS4 over the last little while... I'm just fiddling around with relearning things like the boolprops and the cfe. I need none of that in TS4... I'm going to enjoy getting back to mah roots.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 12:22 AM
Would you like a cheat file? I can post you mine if you like. It's kind of long and a bit messy, but it works.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#32 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Would you like a cheat file? I can post you mine if you like. It's kind of long and a bit messy, but it works.

Thanks for the offer! I think I've got a handle on it, though. It's like riding a bike - once I get back into the swing, everything just fell back into place!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 12:30 AM
Okay, but I wouldn't be without a cheat file- It's a file that allows cheats to be done as shortcuts, you drop it in your config folder.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#34 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 3:04 AM
Oh my! Thanks for the heads up Phaenoh! I'll definitely join <3

I haven't submitted a community lot yet, but I did place 1st on Build a Business contest a couple of years back?
http://modthesims.info/t/505488
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#35 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 4:19 AM
Kanzen, I just spent an hour going back through that contest Good times, good times. Lots of great businesses from everybody!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 5:39 AM
Kanzen, your cafe was one of my favorites in that contest, I loved the little artist muse corner you made. Welcome to the contest!

Liv, I just noticed I missed your question. No, you will not be required to upload your lots for this contest, but you should be able to. I think each rounds' shell and reno would make a very nice 'before and after' upload. You'd probably want to de-grunge your shell and furnish it how it would have originally been, but that would make for some very neat uploads. I'm still toying with the idea of doing a play along and uploading my own like that, but I know what each building needs to transform into, so it's not nearly as challenging or fun. IDK.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 9:04 AM
That contest was really fun and I learned a lot from everyone! I only started playing business lots this year and only now did I realize how important 2 tile walkways are =))
Hope we have a great time in this one as well <3
Alchemist
#38 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 9:39 AM
ohhhh one more to go!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:29 AM
Hey everyone! I have never build in the sims 2 but I'm willing to give it a try, just for fun! I'll try to build something just to join the contest. Can it be only a picture, or does it have to be a post?
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#40 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:40 AM
I think I have also forgotten most of the cheat codes for building in the Sims game. Anyway a crash course can always settle that. How i would have loved to be a contestant unfortunately i have never uploaded a community lot before ( not considering university lots). besides over the past two weeks my Sims 2 keeps crashing just a the loading screen. I have uninstalled all and re-installed still it happens. So I just basically decided to let it be. Its nice to be a judge and a big welcome to the entrants so far. @justJones and @joandsarah77, its good to see you two also joined. @ekrubynaffit your Mini Manor and Modern Monstrosity are among my favourites of all time. I love your builds. Really looking forward to a wonderful time here.
Alchemist
#41 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
I think I have also forgotten most of the cheat codes for building in the Sims game. Anyway a crash course can always settle that. How i would have loved to be a contestant unfortunately i have never uploaded a community lot before ( not considering university lots). besides over the past two weeks my Sims 2 keeps crashing just a the loading screen. I have uninstalled all and re-installed still it happens. So I just basically decided to let it be. Its nice to be a judge and a big welcome to the entrants so far. @justJones and @joandsarah77, its good to see you two also joined. @ekrubynaffit your Mini Manor and Modern Monstrosity are among my favourites of all time. I love your builds. Really looking forward to a wonderful time here.

Awww thankyou @AdonisPluto, such a lovely thing to hear! :lovestruc

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Pi, there is no deadline, but I'll need to see proof of your TS2 commercial building lot skills, so you'll need to have a few comm lots uploaded or pictures of them on a blog somewhere. If you miss the first round getting that together, no big deal, you'll have to miss at least one round anyways, so you'd still be fine.

Oh okay. Guess that's a no then.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 12:54 PM
Okay, very interested in entering a contest. But! Question - I've got one uploaded community lot (a university quad - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=514595), and photos from an unfinished library (accessible here - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=526607) that I built some time ago. I've done commercial, but it's been a long, long time. The library went unfinished when the hard drive on that computer died. My builds need work, but that's why I'd like to do a contest... Those lots were not commercial (but they were community!), and they're far from perfect...but are they enough?

AKA. Anora Acadian
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#44 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:09 PM
Those uni lots are gorgeous! It's a pity you never uploaded the library.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Those uni lots are gorgeous! It's a pity you never uploaded the library.

Thank you, Karen Lorraine! And yes, I loved that library so much. I hated losing it when that computer crashed. I was looking at those pictures just now, and thinking of rebuilding it.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Forum Resident
#46 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:32 PM
That library was spectacular! I want to see it finished q u q
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
That library was spectacular! I want to see it finished q u q

@kanzen - I am absolutely beaming right now! Thank you so much! It's always scary to put your work out there for others, so things like this mean a lot.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Alchemist
#48 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:41 PM
I've never uploaded anything but got years of experience of being in the MTS community and playing the game so unless you would be kind to make an exception all I have to say is that I look forward to the results
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 2:26 PM
Letcupcake, GrijzePilion, ZenGarden, (and tcbandie10), I'll need to see some pictures of your building skills. If you've never built in TS2 before, it is unlikely that you'll be able to join us. I know it seems means that I'm not letting newbies in, but I want everyone to do well in this contest, and without solid building and decorating skills, it's going to be 3 months of 'you just aren't good enough' and that's depressing for you to hear and us to say. You are all welcome to follow along in the contest thread, and even post pictures of what would be your entry, but we won't be scoring you. Your fellow contestants might provide you with constructive feedback. And, you could wow us, and then I'll add you in, as applications do not close, but as it stands now, I need to stand by my application requirements. I've also been toying with the idea of mini bonus rounds in between for those not receiving a Building Permit where you'll be provided a small lot and only need to redecorate and you are all welcome to participate in those if we do indeed have them.

kerri, your library looks like it would have been amazing. Welcome to the contest! And thanks for being our 10th!
Scholar
#50 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:16 PM
Yay, 10! I'm off to play my little BACC hamlet to bide my time until the first round gets posted...

Page 2 of 37