Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adult skills for children

by Peterskywalker! Posted 24th Nov 2016 at 12:31 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2023 at 2:25 PM by Peterskywalker!

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 1:03 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 8:07 AM
This is a great idea. Thank you for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 7:18 PM
this is great thanks...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 12:36 PM
This is awesome, thank you! Looking forward to doing the singing skill with my children :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 7:29 PM
Cool. I'll enjoy this for sure. I always wanted to start developing a skill from a childhood but was never allowed. So annoying that all I could do was developing a skill thingy that disappears once a grown from a child stage. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 12:07 PM
Thank you so much for this! I've spend so much time on getting my child sims singing skill up, just to discover they it wasn't there when he became a teen. You're a lifesaver!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 3:26 AM
This is so great and thanks for creating this necessary mod! I just tried to have one of my sim kids sing at the Karaoke machine last night as they had a want to do so. After hearing the pitiful sounds that came out of their mouths... I tried giving them some singing points but was not able to do so. I didn't know the kids have to have max creativity level to be able to sing. I always give my sims at least 5 points in guitar, piano and violin skills so that they don't butcher my ears with their first attempts at playing musical instruments. This mod will now allow us to have our kid sims sing and not torture our ears! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 5:05 PM
Is this broken after 12/1 patch? I am trouble shooting why it seems my child sim has lost some skills but I am not as familiar with the process as I probably should be.
Anyone else having an issue?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 6:11 PM
Nice job ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 3:36 PM
Thanks! Have been wanting this for a long time! :)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 2:34 PM
this mod and this other http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=586413 by @necrodog enter in conflict?

(the mod I refer by @Necrodog unlocks home cooking, gourmet cooking and baking, for kids)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 3:25 PM
@ youngestmm I updated the mod for patch 12/1, just in case, although I don't think anything is broken. Previously I noted that when children maxed their child skill, adult skills would reset, but I fixed that before I uploaded it here.

@ Leo3487 This mod does not conflict with Necrodog's mod here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=586413
My mod doesn't edit the adult cooking, baking, or gourmet cooking skill, and his mod doesn't alter the child skills.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 12:09 AM
how can i download it
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:29 PM
what about gardening? Since children can't do that..and the previous adult-skill one for children is outdated
Instructor
#16 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:01 PM
Does this Mod still works with the Toddler Patch?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:58 PM
Thank you so much for this! Is there any chance you could also add gardening? I loved that mod so much and was really devastated when it was finally broken.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 3:41 PM
Hello. I have updated the mod for the toddler patch and for vampire game pack so children can now learn pipe organ skill. I also added gardening to the skills children can learn. However my mod doesn't allow children to garden.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 3:54 PM
Does this mod conflict with Zerbu's mod that unlocks all skills for children. It is on his tumblr page.

http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/154503...ls-unlocked-for
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 4:26 PM
Yay! Thanks for updating so promptly!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miriah
Does this mod conflict with Zerbu's mod that unlocks all skills for children. It is on his tumblr page.

http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/154503...ls-unlocked-for

Most likely it conflicts
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peterskywalker!
Most likely it conflicts

Ok thank you so much for letting me know. Heaven knows no one wants to do the narrowing down one mod if they don't have to lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:42 PM
This mod still works with the current 1.27 patch Feb 2nd since no child skills were added
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:56 AM
Is there an update for this mod, zerbu has delated their blog... for personal reasons so I can't find that one.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:21 AM
Does this mod need to be updated for the newest GP and May 25 patch? Really love my sim kids being able to Sing and not break my eardrums.
Page 1 of 3