Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ophelia’s Resort (no CC)

by Voeille Posted 9th Dec 2016 at 8:18 AM - Updated 9th Dec 2016 at 11:18 AM by Voeille

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:21 AM
Wow, those dome roofs actually work for this lot, unlike most where it just looks strange. Thanks for sharing. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 11:45 AM
Simply STUNNING the level of attention to detail is insane! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 12:56 PM
Wow! It's so fine, thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 6:15 PM
Nicely done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 7:50 PM
Another beauty! I don't know how you do it without CC!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 8:18 PM
Once again very pretty landscaping with that lush green feel. Love it!

In which hood did you build it? Beach lots are so finicky with placement, so it's helpful to know which terrain and where on it the lot was built
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:46 PM
This is breathtaking!! Absolutely breathtaking!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:50 PM
Holy cow, this is drop-dead spectacular! Absolutely gorgeous use of Maxis content! <3
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 1:11 AM
I literally gasped with delight! Beautiful!
Wish I could escape there.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 2:23 AM
Gorgeous! The north African aesthetic doesn't get much love, it seems, and lots like this really make you wonder why! If someone knows what they're doing with it as well as you do, it's stunning!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 5:36 AM
Love what you did with base game objects. I really like the layout of the building and the lot. I personally won't be using it in a modern hood, but I DO believe I will give it much do attention and love in my medieval/fantasy hood. Thank you for creating and sharing this!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:47 AM
Thank you all

@gummilutt
I created a new neighbourhood to have space for my builds (there will be more in that style, I like it But to not be boring I’ll probably build something different next time ), and I used the Moon Islands template. I edited it a bit with a cheat but I hadn’t touched the coast before I placed the lot there (I chose the more flat side of the main island), so it will be the same in your game if you decide to create a hood (or already have one) using that template.

@lach61
I’m actually a CC fan myself, years ago I had around 20 GB CC on my old PC (and I really don’t exaggerate, I also had a similar amount for TS3; it still is there, but I don’t use the PC now), but now I only have like 3 GB in my main save (and yes, it is “only” ), mostly CS conversions and CAS stuff (and an absolutely huge amount of mods, but those don’t take up much disc space), but I built my recent lots in a completely clean save (except a few mods), to not be tempted to use anything What I can say about building without CC is that I do miss having more choice (and I miss the CS grass so much, it’s amazing), but it’s a nice challenge to try to build something decent using only things provided by the game, and it’s fun to come up with ideas for furnishing, wall and floor covering and so on, so it’s definitely worth giving it a go if you haven’t tried

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 1:34 PM
Thank you very much, I'll have a look at the template Maybe I'll finally get around to making a second tropical vacation hood. I've been meaning to for ages but never quite got around to it, so thank you for giving me an excellent reason to finally do it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 2:47 PM
I LoOoOve your aesthetic! I love Morocco-styled lots but struggle to do them myself. I would love more lots so I could make a custom vacation 'hood! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 7:05 PM
Wow, this is AMAZING! I am IN LOVE with the outsides, you did a really great hob, thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 12:02 PM
Very pretty. thanks. I got your park also and love the bridges
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 7:59 PM
Wow! You've put a lot of work into the CFE bridges and the room decor. Great job! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 2:23 PM
Gorgeous, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 5:00 PM
Great work and a very lovely home!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:30 PM
Amazing job, even more so because it's all achieved without CC. I honestly did not think you could get a result like this with Maxis stuff alone. Too bad the lot seems to refuse to be placed anywhere on Twiikii island. I have messed around with the lot adjuster and changelotzoning to change it into an apartment lot I could use in Strangetown, but sadly the mailbox refuses to make its return. I would have loved to spend more time in this lot.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:05 PM
@Soapsim1

I did manage to place it on Twikkii, but I had to get rid of one of Maxis hotels.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:02 PM
This is such a beautiful lot, I'm downloading it right away. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 5:15 AM
Wow what a lot of work and a job well done. So lovely
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 5:18 PM
Thank you !!