Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointy Ears Unlocked - All Ages

by Khitsule Posted 15th Jan 2017 at 12:15 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2021 at 2:43 AM by Khitsule : Description update after testing 19th Jan 2020

115 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:41 PM
I've been waiting for this one! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Velouriah : 15th Jan 2017 at 3:13 PM.
I have tested it, and it is wonderful! Except I can't seem to get it to work on a toddler. But that's really minor, compared to what it does do. Thank you, as I said, I've been waiting for it for a long time. Almost all my characters are Elves...Putting accessory ears on ever outfit of every character got extremely tiresome!
*edit* I have found that if I age up a newly created CAS toddler sim, give them pointy ears, and then age them down again to the toddler phase, the ears will stay. So it does work with a small trick. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 8:58 PM
Thank you! It's been so annoying that the clothing versions of these aren't heritable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 9:33 PM
Thank you so much for these! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:22 PM
Wow, I thought about it yesterday. "It's a pity that normal humans have no pointy ears" and voila the mod is here. Thank you Khitsule!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 2:41 AM
Yay!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:02 AM
This is pretty cool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:19 AM
This is great for genetic elf ears, and my toddlers match their parents now too. XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 12:58 PM Last edited by simsister2004 : 16th Jan 2017 at 2:22 PM.
Thanks. This will make my fairies much better. But where can I find it in the CAS? It doesn't seem to be available under "ears"?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:21 PM
Wouldn't that make them Vulcans, thereby invalidating the human part?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:59 PM
Love this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsister2004
Thanks. This will make my fairies much better. But where can I find it in the CAS? It doesn't seem to be available under "ears"?

It unlocks the ear manipulation to be the same as aliens, but doesn't add the default ear options. You'll need to zoom into detail edit mode on the ears, and then grab and pull up/out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:04 AM
Thank you, I'm happy to be able to make my Elven/Fairy sims again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:04 AM
Thank you, I'm happy to be able to make my Elven/Fairy sims again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:19 PM
Thanks for this option :) I have been waiting forever to be able to have pointy ears for all my sims. So this will be great.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:18 AM
I've been waiting for something like this foreeeeeeever, thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:05 AM
Thank you VERY much that is!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 10:10 PM
Yibbs! So awesome!
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Khitsule
It unlocks the ear manipulation to be the same as aliens, but doesn't add the default ear options. You'll need to zoom into detail edit mode on the ears, and then grab and pull up/out

I am unable to make the ears pointy and I'm doing it how you are say any ideas what i should do :l
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SlimeyBoi
I am unable to make the ears pointy and I'm doing it how you are say any ideas what i should do :l

This isn't a complex mod so there shouldn't be much to it unless you have mods that alter the same files? Any that alter CAS modifiers?
It's possible the vampires GP affected it since I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I will check it out as soon as I'm back to my PC
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 9:40 PM
I love love love love love love this mod. I've been wanting pointy ears just like everyone else. However, I have found one small issue with it in the last week (even before today's Feb 2 patch). Some of the kids from the base game are being affected for some reason and I don't know if this means that under certain conditions other kids would be affected. I have a picture of Olivia Kim-Lewis to show the changing of her face from a file with the mod and without. It also seems to have an effect on Alexander Goth elongating his face downward. Thought you should know.

I spent 5 hours going through my CC to realize that it was this mod that made all the difference.

http://i.imgur.com/QAV6r3B.jpg <-- The picture of Olivia
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:17 PM
That is very strange! I will check it out asap, it hopefully won't be hard to narrow down if it's just affecting children.
Quote: Originally posted by ricalynn
I love love love love love love this mod. I've been wanting pointy ears just like everyone else. However, I have found one small issue with it in the last week (even before today's Feb 2 patch). Some of the kids from the base game are being affected for some reason and I don't know if this means that under certain conditions other kids would be affected. I have a picture of Olivia Kim-Lewis to show the changing of her face from a file with the mod and without. It also seems to have an effect on Alexander Goth elongating his face downward. Thought you should know.

I spent 5 hours going through my CC to realize that it was this mod that made all the difference.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:57 AM
I found the problem was a silly oversight on my part, but it should be fixed now! Thanks for spotting that and letting me know

Quote: Originally posted by ricalynn

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 1:01 PM
Thank you for making this!!! I've been waiting for something like this for ages!
Page 1 of 5