Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cyberpunk Bio-Lab + Home Business - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 12th Feb 2017 at 1:01 AM

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:05 AM
My computer getting a blue screen of death while reading the description for the lot was very very fitting. I think I can fit it in nicely in my non-cyberpunk city, would fit a run down area well, but this time it gets to see the sun and stars.. er maybe not stars with the neon light pollution. :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:23 AM
All your work is good, without CC and good looking decoration placing.
Not try this yet but it will nice to place in my Legacy Neighborhood :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:56 AM
I'm just stunned, again! This is so totally awesome I can't quite grasp it. I want this for my sci fi neighborhood. I love the storytelling to. You must write novels and if you don't you should!!!!
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:00 AM
I couldn’t play on a lot like that, I need nice houses with lots of plants inside and out, but it’s definitely an interesting build! One thing I really like about your builds is that you care about details and make a good use of Maxis objects

What are those box-like looking things? They’re visible here, and also here on the left and further right too. I don’t recognise them.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I couldn’t play on a lot like that, I need nice houses with lots of plants inside and out, but it’s definitely an interesting build! One thing I really like about your builds is that you care about details and make a good use of Maxis objects

What are those box-like looking things? They’re visible here, and also here on the left and further right too. I don’t recognise them.

@Voeille , I think you're talking about the workaround I found for making "cardboard boxes?" Those are the IKEA MALM dressers and end tables, which I'd discovered looked enough like cardboard, and stacked, back when I made my abandoned warehouse lot, and then I think it was @joandsarah77 who expanded that idea by putting them end-to-end so the drawers are hidden, giving another boost to their cardboard box lookalike-ness!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:19 AM
Yes I did, but only because I assumed that was what Zar had done! They make a very good no cc substitute for cardboard boxes.
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:31 AM
Yes I did suspect that it was a workaround, but I wasn’t sure which objects you used Thanks!

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:36 PM
Truly amazing!! I would download it right this minute, but it will have to wait a day or two! Have you watched "The Flash" series on CW ... I can just see some of the characters working in such a lab.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:38 PM
Your lots are such a feast for the eyes. Very inspiring as usual, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:44 PM
You never cease to amaze me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 10:21 PM
Awesome job!! This would be a great residence for the Beakers! THANK YOU!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 3:49 PM
I love how you always give us a story with your downloads. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:25 PM
Wow! Amazing!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:59 PM
An amazing lot and a beautiful description - well done!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:54 PM
Your lots and stories are truly wonderful to read and preview. I actually have an idea for this lot for one of my stories, which I hope to share one day (once I figure out which site to use to tell them!) Thank you for creating your story to read, as well as the lot. Truly wonderful and inspiring work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 10:31 PM
amazing! as usual :-P
I'm wondering, though, I don't recognize the crates of what I assume are LP's, are they not included (and if so, where can I find them?) or have I just managed to miss it all these years? :-P (in which case, I also wonder where to find them, lol)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hil0
amazing! as usual :-P
I'm wondering, though, I don't recognize the crates of what I assume are LP's, are they not included (and if so, where can I find them?) or have I just managed to miss it all these years? :-P (in which case, I also wonder where to find them, lol)

Assuming you're looking at the image I think you are, they're a part of the DJ sound booth from NL- same goes for the sound mixer controls in the foreground. I said "no CC" and I meant it!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:36 AM Last edited by lendula : 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:34 AM.
It's amazing. can I ask, how did you place the objects on the top of other objects (dressers, white cabinets..)? and how put more decorations on the top of one counter? I can't make it without invisible tile, but you didn't use it.
I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand my question
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lendula
It's amazing. can I ask, how did you place the objects on the top of other objects (dressers, white cabinets..)? and how put more decorations on the top of one counter? I can't make it without invisible tile, but you didn't use it.
I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand my question

It'll vary somewhat depending on which particular instance you're looking at, but usually it's a sequencing trick. If a table can be stacked on top of a second one, you can do it at any time, but you can often only place objects on the first table before stacking it, not after. With counters, they will often (I think always) have multiple slots for smaller objects, so that's just normal placement.

Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
It'll vary somewhat depending on which particular instance you're looking at, but usually it's a sequencing trick. If a table can be stacked on top of a second one, you can do it at any time, but you can often only place objects on the first table before stacking it, not after. With counters, they will often (I think always) have multiple slots for smaller objects, so that's just normal placement.

thanx for explain (o: I suppose I need to use some cheat for this. the objects (except deco etc) stand always on the floor, not on top of second one..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lendula
thanx for explain (o: I suppose I need to use some cheat for this. the objects (except deco etc) stand always on the floor, not on top of second one..

I think so... it's just a move_objects trick, so it's not much, but IIRC, you do need to have it active to be able to do most placement tricks like that...

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:14 AM
This is an amazing lot, I mean it blows my mind how you combine things and get it looking this way with no CC. Thank you for sharing it! It's perfect timing for my humanoid Sims to find a place to live and experiment on their human test subject. ;)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:27 PM
Fantastic and no CC which is just well wow!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:40 AM
I can't believe what i'm seeing this is well and truly amazing. i love what you did with the plants.
Page 1 of 2