Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Anxious Trait (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)

by skilynn Posted 28th Feb 2017 at 10:31 PM - Updated 29th Nov 2017 at 11:13 AM by skilynn

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 2:56 AM
Great work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 3:09 AM
Is that my Knowledge aspiration you have there? Also, good work.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:21 AM
My boyfriend has an anxiety disorder (I think GAD, but I'm not positive), and this sounds so much like him, it's not funny. I guess that means you did a good job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:57 AM
Thanks you so much for creating this trait. <3 I have been searching for such one for a long time. It is so great to me, that people on here are starting to make traits like these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:36 PM
I love that there is a positive buff associated as well. Makes it feel very detailed and have depth. I always appreciate traits like this. With this, and especially if you do other mental health traits, would you consider another positive buff that's all about the sim being happy because they are actually having a good day with few issues creeping up. I love the different ways you have this trait impacting the sim needs and all of the different buffs. This feels very thought out and like it will be meaningful for my sims. Thanks so much for taking the time to make this so well and give more representation of differently abled people. You are awesome! Can't wait to see more of your work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jackboog21
Is that my Knowledge aspiration you have there? Also, good work.

It is! I love your custom aspirations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 4:21 PM
Thank you for the kind words everyone. I'm glad you're enjoying the trait.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 4:56 PM
I'm hoping for an OCD trait next.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:27 PM
As someone who has severe GAD, this is awesome. I especially like the creative/video games and spa day increase. Totally relatable LOL! Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 4:14 AM
I must say as someone who also has severe GAD, you've done a great job on this - thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 7:33 PM
Those buffs are... so accurate... Thank you for this. I'm definitely afflicting my sims with it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 12:54 AM
Thank you so much for making this trait - as someone who has GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) I can now create my own sim and can see them face anxiety in the Sim world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 6:17 PM
Omg, thats me! Haha. That's so real... thank you a lot for creating this! Will it be in Spanish some day? I don't understand English at 100%, so it will be nice to play with this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 8:15 PM
I can't stop smiling that this mod exists. Now my sims can be more like me! Thank you so much for this! ~Enlightened
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 2:58 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 5:09 PM
I have no words to thank you for creating this. I am truly appreciative. As a person who uses and continues to learn and modify different adaptations to continually do things to survive and enjoy life to the fullest I truly cannot thank you enough in this language. :)
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 5:25 PM
I can't download the rar file... Can you make the trait into a zip file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gunchapred
I'm hoping for an OCD trait next.

I don't have experience with OCD, but if someone who does has ideas or wants to give me some insight, I'd be happy to make a trait for it.

Quote: Originally posted by CrazyLiz
Omg, thats me! Haha. That's so real... thank you a lot for creating this! Will it be in Spanish some day? I don't understand English at 100%, so it will be nice to play with this mod!

I don't speak Spanish, but if someone who does would like to translate my mod, I'd be happy to let them.

Quote: Originally posted by LuckyMachine
I have no words to thank you for creating this. I am truly appreciative. As a person who uses and continues to learn and modify different adaptations to continually do things to survive and enjoy life to the fullest I truly cannot thank you enough in this language.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad I was able to do something like this for you.

Quote: Originally posted by Ts4xD
I can't download the rar file... Can you make the trait into a zip file?

Sure! Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and feedback. It means a lot to me! I am currently working on a trait to represent being in recovery from depression and/or anxiety. I hope to share that with you within the next month.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AnxiousZ.zip (11.0 KB, 34 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 6:35 PM
While I don't personally suffer from intense anxiety, my best friend does. This mod seems to perfectly embody what I've witnessed him go through.
And I feel like I've actually learned a bit from this mod, strange as that may sound. Thank you for that c:
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:02 AM
That is intense and very revealing. Thank you for not only taking the time, but also making anxiety of this type a thing others can better udnerstand.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:02 AM
That is intense and very revealing. Thank you for not only taking the time, but also making anxiety of this type a thing others can better udnerstand.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 2:42 AM
I love this trait but every few sim hours my sim is bombarded by multiple anxiety buffs and some don't make sense. i'll get the positive buff mixed with 3 of the other negative buffs. it's quite irritating, other than that I love this trait!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:53 PM
This is great. It's really accurate and I love that.
But I almost feel bad for intentionally giving it to a sim, ya feel me? xD
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:09 PM
I haven't been on here in awhile so I didn't know about the other trait additions you mentioned (which I need to look into now!) but this looks amazing. I'm bookmarking it right now to think about if I want to add it or now. It fits me "to a tea" but I'm not sure if I want such realistic additions to the game quite yet haha.
But yeah, it looks great, very true to life addition you did!
Page 1 of 2