Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 2:00 AM
Default Christian?
Are there any, like Christians on here?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 6:40 AM
I am a Christian
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 7:17 AM
I am also Christian.
I was just thinking about who else is Christian here and have finally posted (after almost 2 years!) another post in the Christian Social group. I'd like to get social group up and running again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 12:21 PM
I'm a Christian as well.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 6:52 PM
Me too.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:13 AM
Me too
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
Are there any, like Christians on here?

Dunno if this is too late to post, but I am one too. God bless!

I don't just want to be good...I want to be God's
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:53 AM
It doesn't look like there are many of us here, sad to say. But always glad to meet another one!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
dodgy builder
#8 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:08 PM
It might just be that people don't want to have a religious discussion here.
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:14 PM
Please don't use 'like' as a filler word this way, it's awful and makes me picture a blonde sub-urb girl with uggs and Starbucks who uses it as every 3rd word.
There's a group for religious simmers. Post your religion-related stuff and questions there

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:35 PM
What exactly is wrong with blonde suburban girls who wear Uggs, drink Starbucks and say "like" a lot?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#11 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What exactly is wrong with blonde suburban girls who wear Uggs, drink Starbucks and say "like" a lot?

I had the stereotypical spoiled one on my mind

#12 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
I feel like assuming that anyone who uses "like" as a filler is spoiled is a bit of a reach, really.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#13 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 27th Feb 2018 at 7:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I feel like assuming that anyone who uses "like" as a filler is spoiled is a bit of a reach, really.

Isn't that what Stereotypes are about?

Edit:
Fuck it, sorry. I'm just not thinking about what I'm doing and saying.

#14 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It might just be that people don't want to have a religious discussion here.

This topic merely asks who defines themselves as belonging to a specific group. Hardly a full fledged discussion.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
dodgy builder
#15 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
This topic merely asks who defines themselves as belonging to a specific group. Hardly a full fledged discussion.

Discussion or no discussion, is no not the point of this discussion.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:27 AM
I am. I can't believe how few Christian Sims players there are.
Inventor
#17 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:07 AM
I agree that religion should be kept to religious groups. Some people have been personally victimised by religion and Christianity, it would be very easy for an argument to break out. It's too sensitive a topic.

I imagine there are many christian simmers, and muslims, sikhs, pagans, buddhists and many others, but declaring it in a "public" space is just self segregating. Also, these threads are supposed to promote discussions, not just "i am" "me to".
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:37 PM
All the OP wanted to know was whether there were Christians on this site. That's all. He/she didn't start singing hymns or passing a collection plate. It was a question. Christians are allowed to ask questions just like anyone else. Perhaps he or she was looking for a friend on the site and wanted to know whether there was anyone who shared his or her values. It was never meant to be a discussion about particular beliefs or to separate others. I wouldn't expect that anyone who is not a Christian would have come on the thread to answer.

There's this cool little thing on the thread page. It's titles. You can see what each discussion is about before you decide to click on it. It I see a title that says, for example, "Is anyone on this site 6 fingered?" I wouldn't click on it and get involved in the discussion because it simply does not concern me. The same applies to questions like "anyone muslim, atheist, descended from apes.

If you have strong antiChristian views or feel victimized by Jesus, perhaps this isn't the thread for you. It just looks to be like a quick question to check to see whether there are any kindred spirits on the site.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:45 PM
Sorry for the double post. I went back and read what I had written, and it might seem a bit harsh. That was not my intention. I hope no one was offended, but the truth is no one seems to care if the Christians on this site are offended by their statements.

That is their right. And it was the OP's right to ask a question to begin with.

Scholar
#20 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
I agree that religion should be kept to religious groups. Some people have been personally victimised by religion and Christianity, it would be very easy for an argument to break out. It's too sensitive a topic.

I imagine there are many christian simmers, and muslims, sikhs, pagans, buddhists and many others, but declaring it in a "public" space is just self segregating. Also, these threads are supposed to promote discussions, not just "i am" "me to".

Some people have been personally victimised in a failed marriage. Shall we not ever mention marriage again? Some people have been personally victimised by a friend or family member. Shall we just never talk about human beings again? Would that suit?

The level of tippy toeing being suggested here is absurd. To date, this thread has gone no further than "I am Christian too" and we're already getting our heads bitten off for it. There's subjects I don't like either but I don't expect the whole society around me to change especially when no ill intent has been shown.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Scholar
#21 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:33 PM
I'm not a Christian though I was forced by my father to try and be in the past, but I have thought about giving it another try.

That's not why I'm posting though, I'm posting to agree with what Bubblebeam said. The way I see it is if you don't like people talking about religion, or if you see any other threads with a title about something you might not like then why even go there in the first place? No one is forcing anyone to go into a thread that is clearly aimed at Christians, or any other thread that you may not like or find offensive either. I swear too many people now go out of their way to look for things they don't like or are offended by. If it's something you don't like or something that offends you then just stay away from it. Unless someone is forcing it on you then avoid it, it's that simple.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
yeah, buddy! i'm a christian too :~) i don't think there's anything harmful about this thread, people make threads based on common interests all the time.
Inventor
#23 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic

People have been victimized by every different belief/religion and group. I really don't see how it's self segregating to say publicly what your beliefs are. That is, if you can do so without being rude/hateful about others. I'm actually quite fascinated by different lifestyles, so I would be very interested in hearing what everyone here thinks/believes and how they do things. That is, if it could be done without anyone getting hateful and/or offended.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Sorry for the double post. I went back and read what I had written, and it might seem a bit harsh. That was not my intention. I hope no one was offended, but the truth is no one seems to care if the Christians on this site are offended by their statements.

That is their right. And it was the OP's right to ask a question to begin with.

Your offense is your responsibility, not mine or anyone else's. I feel a lot of younger folks seem to think others are supposed to protect your feelings. The real world is not like that.
Inventor
#25 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by endlessgalaxy
Your offense is your responsibility, not mine or anyone else's. I feel a lot of younger folks seem to think others are supposed to protect your feelings. The real world is not like that.

I agree with this to a certain extent. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed, like if someone is being intentionally hateful and offensive.
Page 1 of 2