Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 12:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bad gosub tree + adults go steady
Well, recently I’ve been getting this error quite often:

I looked into those log files it generated, and it seems that it appears when sims are about to roll a want/fear related to going steady/being rejected. I suspect it’s caused by the adults go steady mod I have. It’s a bit annoying as I like having that option, but I can live without it. But I have a question – should I clear all steady relationships for YAs and above before deleting the mod, or is it safe to leave them? I’m playing in original Strangetown, which is pre-corrupted (I do clean it with Hood Checker sometimes though), and I don’t want to corrupt it further.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:24 AM
I've never used that mod, but I'm wondering if you are using this one http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=169477 , which was not updated for AL , or this one http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4465.0 , which was ? Same mod, just a newer version at MATY.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:47 AM
Bad gosub tree occurs when a mod is looking for either an EP or a file and it's not finding it.

I am actually using the one from here (never knew there was an updated version) I have never had that error from using it and I have all EP's and SP's. I don't believe it needs an extra file so my guess is, it isn't the adults go steady throwing that error.

Where does it say updated for AL?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#4 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:35 AM
It says it right at the top of the MATY post Jo, right under the colorful box... Adults go steady... blah blah...for TS2 AL A few of the comments on the dl from here seemed to cast doubt on the MTS version working with AL also. Just a hunch, curious what version the op uses .About the not needing any additional files, I'm not really sure either way on that... it's confusing. syberspunk says " If you want to enable the Go Steady wants for adults, you must use the teenenabledwoohoowants hack that contains the WantTrees.package in order for the wants to actually roll up for adults." There are 4 versions for dl, no idea which the op is using. Congrats on being a mod! Couldn't happen to a friendlier, more helpful and knowledgeable player !

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:36 PM
I have it from Maty – adultsgosteadynoautonomy - NL and Later.zip. I don’t have the want related mod (I don’t want my teens to have woohoo wants, and I can live without adults not rolling the want to go steady), so maybe that’s the problem?

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 12:42 AM
Aww thanks MOOKIEBLAYLOCK, I've been a mod for about 2 months now.

Well I might need new glasses then! I was looking at the file names rather than the top and they look identical to what I already have. If you look at the file name there is no file labeled AL, it's just NL and later. *shrug*
adultsgosteadynoautonomy - Uni and Older.zip
* adultsgosteady - Uni and Older.zip
* adultsgosteady - NL and Later.zip (I use this one)
* adultsgosteadynoautonomy - NL and Later.zip

I don't use teenenabledwoohoowants but then I don't care about them rolling a want I just wanted adults to be able to autonomously go steady. Could be they have a different version to me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 3:49 PM
Well, as I said, I have the non-autonomous version. I’d like to see if removing the mod changes something, but is it safe if I have a few YAs going steady? I think it should be fine as I doubt it’d change existing relations, but it’s better to ask than not

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:36 PM
No idea. I would read over all the details on the mod here since a creator should say something about that. If they say nothing I would take that to mean it is okay to do.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 5:48 AM
This is an old thread, but I was looking for information on the same issue myself and came across this:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg244179

It looks like that the hacked want tree is required for adults go steady. Hopefully this'll help anyone else who comes across the same issue.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 5:57 AM
I just have adults go steady Nl and later version no hacked want tree.

~Call me Jo~