Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 10th May 2017 at 1:47 AM
They could get away with a free base game pack and charge for additional content.

Like many others, I was incredibly put off by the real time gameplay of the game. That didn't feel incredibly fun for me, nor was I about to shell out a dollar to speed up an animation over and over again (which is how they get whales to invest long term with the whole "it's just a dollar" thing).

Also, I would imagine players are burned having bought ALL of this content and they're treated to a mobile game that uses all of the exact assets from the game (I'm sure the low poly models are the ones used in be game at a distance), but for free! Furthermore, there's even more content.

Like, the heirloom system. Maybe PC players would like that feature because you sure as hell cant sell a mobile game on an heirloom system. Do. Not. Get. Me. Started. On. The. Fashion. Designer. Career. Was that cut from Get To Work. It looks as such because that part of retail was super bare. And you have objects that's aren't even in the game when 99% of the content is taken straight from the PC version... I caaaaaan't.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 10th May 2017 at 3:41 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 10th May 2017 at 5:44 AM.
Are emotions mentioned anywhere in the article? The site is kinda janky on mobile but I wanna know;
Are they importing the absolute best, well thought out feature in the main game for mobile users to enjoy ?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th May 2017 at 5:17 AM
Kind of weird seeing all the content you paid good money for chibified and rolled out into a mobile game.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 10th May 2017 at 5:51 AM
Quote:
Free-to-Play games also force players to have to play in real time, which means you have to wait minutes, and sometimes hours, to complete certain actions.

Soooo that thing that made me quit Freeplay after the first hour is back. That pretty much kills any small amount of interest I had in this game. Seriously though, who's fucking idea was that and why? Who wants to spend 8 minutes watching their sim shower?

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 10th May 2017 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Soooo that thing that made me quit Freeplay after the first hour is back. That pretty much kills any small amount of interest I had in this game. Seriously though, who's fucking idea was that and why? Who wants to spend 8 minutes watching their sim shower?

Overall the game isn't even out of soft launch and reactions from the community have been largely negative. Even people who enjoy FP said they expected more. If EA rolls this app out as is, a cut down freeplay clone, I really don't see it taking off. They have a hugely popular F2P game already, anyone looking to upgrade from there is probably looking for more than a CAS upgrade with a different art style and a lot less content.

Part of me hopes this app dies, but EA will sooner reverse it's stance on developing FP than drop this brand new cash grab. Either way, EA's grossly tone deaf actions have turned me even further away from Sims 4. I will gladly support a game I enjoy, but I refuse to purchase content for a shitty game thats intentionally shitty so it's content and features can be ported almost entirely to a F2P mobile game.
Instructor
#31 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Yeah, I hate that as well. I played Freeplay a bit more than you did and the actions become ridiculously long. Sometimes takes a whole day to complete! Maybe I just don't get mobile gaming but personally it's very boring to me. I much prefer "Sim time" where I have the freedom to do lots of things and not have to wait days to be able to do something else.

It's for people who want to play for a few minutes and then put it down and pick it back up the next day. I prefer long playing sessions where I can get into things and use my creativity.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:05 AM
I would rather prefer in game adds than those long waiting times that sometimes even reached full day.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:25 AM
Constantly putting something down and picking it up, for me, is exhausting. If I'm in the mood, I would like to actually play.

Starting an interaction, then having to go away for 20 minutes isn't very fun, but some people have their fancy wallets that generate money (which I can't afford), so they just throw pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, arms, legs, and first born at the game.

Just get the PC version... honestly, if they're doing that, it's probably cheaper. Then again, EA don't ever invest in anything as they should, so...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:56 AM
I always like apps best where you pay the whole amount up front more than the "free" ones that then bleed your wallet. I am willing to pay a bit on the "free" ones as the developers deserve to get paid, but unless I totally am hooked my ceiling is about 5-10 bucks for something. When I see some of the buy options and prices I think WTH who would pay that? I guess some folks do, but not me. And I am someone who will earn things rather than buy them generally. Any game where I have to just stare it for more than a minute or 2 gets nuked almost immediately. There is no way I will play this new one if it is real time. No way.
Theorist
#35 Old 10th May 2017 at 1:19 PM
I'm sure there will be some cross-over audience, but in general I don't think EA is courting Sims fans with their new strategy. We've mostly all been thrown under the bus in favor of all the people who will toss money their way so they don't have to play the boring game they make with actions taking hours.

Yes, those real time actions are intentionally boring. That's so they can count on some players paying them money to not have to play it. Whatever could be wrong with that logic?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th May 2017 at 1:40 PM
Sadly, they do it as it works. They catch a lot of fish that way. Not me, but enough that this type of app are made that way. They would not be making them if they were not making $$$.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 10th May 2017 at 1:50 PM
Here's a playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3j0AETREZI

Since this is from a "Soft Launch", the game may be different by the time it officially launches, but from what I can tell I'm not into it. I've wanted a REAL Sims game for mobile for years (I've actually always wanted them to port The Sims 1 for mobile for a long time) but it doesn't seem like we'll ever get that. I don't understand why they can't release a console-like Sims game for mobile?

I understand that these Free-To-Play games that involves waiting for actions may entice people to pay actual money to speed through things, but I wish they could just NOT be lazy and develop a full game and just charge us money to purchase it from the beginning. I would willingly pay for the app if it was a full game.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th May 2017 at 3:30 PM
If I wanted these same gameplay mechanics, I would just play Freeplay. Nobody really asked for this app, or at least, nobody wanted Freeplay 2.0 alpha version 0.0000001. And I just love how EA yet AGAIN didn't listen to consumers, this time, about what they want for a mobile Sims game.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 10th May 2017 at 3:51 PM
I don't mind an online mobile game but I hope I will be able to play on my PC either browser or PC app, because I can't cope with games on my phone screen.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 10th May 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Are emotions mentioned anywhere in the article? The site is kinda janky on mobile but I wanna know;
Are they importing the absolute best, well thought out feature in the main game for mobile users to enjoy ?

It also doesn't over exaggerated how "smart" the sims are in the game. If EA wasn't dishonest, I would take that the app includes literally dummer sims since it doesn't include anywhere in their description of the pixels being any smarter.

I guess the game is gonna suck that's for sure. Doesn't mentions sims having emotions, weirder stories and being smart. Irony? Ah what? Lol no, I reall'y sure (*sarcasm*) they arent follings us because EA is always honest with their fellow consumers/customers. Right??
Mad Poster
#41 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Did anyone spot the phrase "deeper stories" ? I guess they realised we got sick of hearing about weirder ones.

Weirder stories on PC, deeper stories on mobile. I'll have some of whatever it is they're smoking.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th May 2017 at 5:34 PM
Just skipped through the playthrough Alexis did. All I can say is it looked pretty dang boring to me.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 10th May 2017 at 5:57 PM
If LGR is gonna make a review about it.... well I don't know what to add. He would of course be dang accurate/relatable and we would join hearing his witty/satirical remarks about the app.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 10th May 2017 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
If LGR is gonna make a review about it.... well I don't know what to add. He would of course be dang accurate/relatable and we would join hearing his witty/satirical remarks about the app.

Can't imagine him being very positive about it. And that's good, because we all* know that he's fair and rational about it, and that he doesn't seem particularly opinionated.

* Except the hardcore TS4 fans, of course, who are about as open-minded as your average Trump zealot.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#45 Old 10th May 2017 at 7:34 PM
There's even a barista career for adults? Something that would have super enhanced Get Together? I'm guessing the game also allows you to be a chef or a yoga instructor?

I hate this mobile game out of sheer principle.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:08 PM
I just played a little and well it's kinda ok, until it told me that my sim needs to sleep and that it takes 1h or cost 15 ingame $. That's a no no but i can see why it would appeal to that casual mobile crowd.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Weirder stories on PC, deeper stories on mobile. I'll have some of whatever it is they're smoking.

I can just see it now.

While there is "Take an Angry Poop" on PC, mobile has

"Take a really inspiring poop while thinking about the meaning of sim life" (which would probably take like a million real life hours to complete haha)
Forum Resident
#49 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

He did a review on , the now very dead, Sims facebook game (whatever the name was) and well, imagine his opinion on this will be the same as on that one, lol.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I mentioned this in the other forum, but the last time I posted their revenue numbers... about a year or so ago, their mobile department revenue tripled from previous few years while their PC revenue declined by about 50%. This is why they're going with Sims 4 mobile, b/c mobile is so hot right now.

If I could take a guess...

Freeplay gets CONTENT. It had restaurants, nightclubs, malls, salons, spas, shops, cruise ships, and a very big etc. Not to mention tweens and toddlers. The deliver was obtuse as hell, but the content is there. All free, albeit annoying to get.

Now, you have PC, with the endless complaints and lacking content. Has been corn a while. I can see why mobile increased - there's stuff to do, if you're willing to pay for it. You can buy every EP. GP, and SP and still be bored out of your mind.

Page 2 of 4