Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Value Door [CEP-EXTRA]

by HugeLunatic Posted 2nd Jun 2017 at 12:14 AM - Updated 15th May 2020 at 2:37 PM by HugeLunatic

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:17 AM
Thanks for another great CEP-Extra!
And thanks for sharing it with us.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:47 AM
Thank you so much! Love the silver handle.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 1:27 PM Last edited by KaterMikesch77 : 24th Jun 2017 at 2:40 PM.
Many thanks. I have never liked maxis ugly handle.. Thank you!!!
There are two files in the download, both cep. And where can I find the silver recolor of the handle?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:47 PM
Oh my god, you beat me to it lol. I had this sitting on my computer for weeks and uploaded the same thing just yesterday. I always make everything RIGHT before either you or Michelle xD
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:30 PM
Very useful, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 3:15 AM
I thank you kindly for this. It is quite nice being able to do separate recolours. However, I have a small beef with you, missy. I have UC installed. Your instructions for installing the program files are fine until the (x86) level. After that, I haven't a clue where to place the files. [HL_CEP_doorValue-programfiles - Install this in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA] The EA GAMES file has nothing but HomeCrafterPlus in it. The Origins Games files, where S2 is installed on my puter has a Double Delux file. But if I go down that rabbit hole, there is no CEP-Extra file. So, where is the program file to be installed, please?
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:11 PM
@ HugeLunatic have a question. the discription says " I've also included my silver recolor of the handle." But in the download it isn't., or do i understand something wrong?
the silver handle doesn't show up in game with only these two files, i've tested it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 8:48 PM
Hi HugeLunatic. Same here, I don't see the silver door handle in my game even if I think I have installed everything the right way. Thank you for replying.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butterme
@ HugeLunatic have a question. the discription says " I've also included my silver recolor of the handle." But in the download it isn't., or do i understand something wrong?
the silver handle doesn't show up in game with only these two files, i've tested it.

Same here. I would really love to use it!
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th May 2020 at 3:12 PM
@HugeLunatic I'm another who is having issues with this upload and doesn't have the silver recolor. The CEP shows up correctly--but there is only one color. Do I need the file from here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/595457...found-quot.html as well?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th May 2020 at 3:36 PM
Alchemist
#13 Old 15th May 2020 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 15th May 2020 at 3:05 PM.
@HugeLunatic, I put the recolor in, but I'm still not seeing it. I have to double check in a no cc environment to make sure none of the add ons I have are conflicting, though.

ETA: With just the CEP and the recolor in, I get a grey recolor of the door, but no recolor of the handle.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Alchemist
#14 Old 29th May 2020 at 6:52 PM
Sorry to double post, but I'm not sure if you saw my reply @HugeLunatic. Even in a no cc environment and just the CEP and the recolor from the other post, there is only a grey recolor of the door. There is no recolor of the handle. The handle is the original brass color. Is there another file or extra step I am missing?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th May 2020 at 9:35 PM
@Phantomknight So everything works in my game, but tbh, I'm not sure why? I think something is missing between the CEP and the door recolor. I need to see what else is possibly hanging out in my game folders. Currently chaos is reigning in Minneapolis, so I can't look into it right now.
Alchemist
#16 Old 29th May 2020 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 13th Jun 2020 at 9:10 PM.
No problem; I didn't know you were from Minneapolis. Stay safe!

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:37 AM
@Phantomknight I've sorted the issues! Somehow I had the silver handle bits included in a white recolor of the door (not shared). So I've updated the L&F Grey Value Door recolor to include the handle recolor.
Alchemist
#18 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:02 PM
@HugeLunatic, first let me say, I really, really appreciate you looking into this. Next, I'm very reluctant to admit that the new file isn't working either. I've tried it in my normal game, and in a test setup, and now both the grey door recolor and the grey door handle are missing. Maybe it's my game, though? I really didn't think you'd need to spend so much time on this, but perhaps someone else can test the files, too? To see if it's really something wrong or just something on my end?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:31 PM
I'm so sorry!

@Phantomknight The issue was all me. I had the wrong file in the zip. I've now updated it with the file from my downloads folder, which works. Please note that the package filename is different! I organize my dl's by placing the object name (ie: door) before the rest so it sorts nicely.

Don't ever be reluctant to mention issues! If at all possible I like to fix files so they work.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 3:44 PM
@HugeLunatic thanks so much for taking the time to look into this; the new file is working!