Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:03 PM
Default IF you have 1.67, keep it.
I don't like downloading all the ads off origin, as the only game I like is Sims 3. If you have 1.69 and want to speed up game loading, then you start Origin off line.

Sometimes Origin doesn't let you do that. It gives you this strange crash message, says sorry, you can't play your game, and then when you try to play Sims 3, it crashes.

This is really unethical of Origin.

Now I have to unfrack my game.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:43 PM
The good news is that I don't have to do that, because the game did it for me.
No, really, it patched itself back down. Just like that, out of nowhere. One day, it's 1.69, the next it's 1.67.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:11 PM
I have 1.67 because I have the Steam version.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 16th Jun 2017 at 7:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
The good news is that I don't have to do that, because the game did it for me.
No, really, it patched itself back down. Just like that, out of nowhere. One day, it's 1.69, the next it's 1.67.

Uh... what?

You're truly blessed.

My game was so hosed, Origin Repair couldn't fix it. Deleted it, re-installed from a 2009 Sims 3 disk.

It works, no EPs... and I have to have the disk in the CD drive (USB) to run the game... but no Origin at all!

EDIT: I forgot... bypass the launcher! This is great! I'm gonna install as much as I can from disk without installing origin, and see how much game I have left. I'm not going back to that nightmare that was Origin! I've had it with the Origin Experience.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:02 PM Last edited by kiddypatches : 16th Jun 2017 at 8:13 PM.
I can't even bypass the launcher. I've always been forced to load up the launcher via Origin. Wanna play sims 3 without signing into origin? LOL TOO BAD. Also, ever since I was forcibly given the patch (stupid me forgot to uncheck automatic updating), my game won't run without crashing period on Windows 10. Even with all my mods uninstalled. I wish I could downgrade back to patch 1.67. :/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
I stayed on 1.67 and am so glad I did. And I have always bought hard copies instead of downloads whenever I could since Sims first arrived, so have backup, which is nice.

I trust the longevity/reliability of downloads far less than having something in my cold, grubby little hands. LOL
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:20 PM
I'm almost done downgrading to 1.67! Installing WA from disk, then Generations! This means I can use "Any Game starter" again! No more coming to MTS to cry on people's shoulders because once again, 1.69 has messed up my game!!

Yahoo! I feel so free!

Hummm... What's 1.68?

Edit: Any Game starter works again!! Also, my custom content works as well, so my original install must have been from disk. This is great!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Hummm... What's 1.68?

Doesn't exist.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:25 PM
Doesn't exist.

Did some EA folks go to Bill Gates Elementary School?
teacher: Now Billy, count for us.
Bill Gates: One, Two, Three, three point 1, Vista, 95, 98, 7, 8, 10...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:34 PM
I uninstalled origin( leaving all my Sims stuff installed) , and downloaded the 1.67 superpatch. I use 3booter to launch my game to bypass the launcher. If I want to use the launcher I still can, but I make sure automatic updates is unchecked.

And this is coming from someone who downloaded all ep and the basegame from origin. Maybe it was a fluke but I'm back to patch 1.67 after doing that and don't have origin installed on my PC.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:23 PM
I know this is stupid, but how do you downgrade? I downloaded the super patch for 1.67 but it keeps telling me I don't have Sims 3 installed when I obvs do ._.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
I know this is stupid, but how do you downgrade?

You have to pray to the Origin gods for twelve days in a row.
And then fill out a form.
They'll get back to you within five business days.
And they'll say no.

That's when you download the fan-made patch and fucking get on with it.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 12:33 AM
I'm back to 1.67, I had most expansion packs on CD except Island Paradise, Pets, Showtime, Ambitions, and Seasons. I have no downloads from Origin. In fact, I don't have Origin installed anymore.

It's a new day!

I might go to Walmart and get Ambitions and Seasons because sometimes I like to play an alien and drop meteors on people. I don't dare download them from Origin (I'd have to install Origin!!) Otherwise, I think I'm good.

Yeah, Any Game Starter starts the launcher. So I let it start the launcher, close it, then bypass the launcher.
Site Helper
#14 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
I know this is stupid, but how do you downgrade? I downloaded the super patch for 1.67 but it keeps telling me I don't have Sims 3 installed when I obvs do ._.

3 options.
1. Switch to the Steam version, which involves buying everything from Steam.
2. Track down a pre-2012 disc, install everything from disc, and say "Origin? What's that?" every time it wants to go online. (Seriously. Don't let Origin get involved at all in the new installation.)
3. Buy a Mac. And then deal with all the headaches from the game not running well on a Mac.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 2:08 AM
Yay, that you are back in business, Emmett.
Theorist
#16 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 4:35 AM
I've never installed the EA Download Manager, nor have I ever installed Origin. I couldn't even tell you what they look like. Just boot the game (TS3W.exe) from your Bin folder.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I've never installed the EA Download Manager, nor have I ever installed Origin. I couldn't even tell you what they look like. Just boot the game (TS3W.exe) from your Bin folder.

Exactly! Every time it said install Origin, update Origin or download manager, just do like Nancy Reagan: "Just say no to Origin".

I use the launcher to install my CC sim3packs and start the game from TS3W.exe, just as you said.

Of course, I had 2009 Sims 3 disk laying around. It didn't work with my post 2012 Sims 3 basegame disk. That installs Origin with no choice.
Instructor
#18 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 6:14 AM
I use the launcher to install my CC sim3packs and start the game from TS3W.exe, just as you said.

Glad to hear you back to 1.67.. Doc

PS: Don't forget to install FPS Limiter now that you can skipped the launcher and use FPS Limiter with 3Booster navigated to your TS3W.exe, it'll capped your FPS whether you have Nvidia, AMD Radeon or Intel gpus
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Glad to hear you back to 1.67.. Doc

PS: Don't forget to install FPS Limiter now that you can skipped the launcher and use FPS Limiter with 3Booster navigated to your TS3W.exe, it'll capped your FPS whether you have Nvidia, AMD Radeon or Intel gpus

These strange things you speak of, "FPS Limiter" and "3Booster", speak more of them.
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 7:17 PM
These strange things you speak of, "FPS Limiter" and "3Booster", speak more of them.

Well.. that's to protect your graphic device from damage, because TS3 don't have built in limiter capping its FPS, with TS3 FPS capped to 30 or 60 FPS while you're playing, with stabilized FPS your game will run more smooth and it also stabilized your gpu temperature and protecting your gpu.

With 1.69, FPS Limiter can't be implemented because the TS3 Launcher can't be skipped therefore you'll need Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia Graphics or MSI Afterburner for AMD Radeon Graphics, but with 1.67 you'll have another option which the FPS Limiter, and with FPS Limiter you can capped TS3 FPS for all graphics device including Intel, you can choose to install just the FPS Limiter only, or the FPS Limiter bundled with 3Booster. You can download them here.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 7:22 PM
Thanks to all the helpful replies, y'all, I'll have to check out eBay later to find a 2009 disc.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:25 PM
Everything just seemed to run like crap when I went to 1.69. Well, crappier, since The Sims 3 usually runs like crap to begin with.

All things considered though, I am glad I have my Sims 3 content on Origin now, because my god is installing and updating from disc a disaster. I am SO glad they got rid of that format because I always hated that so, so much.
So with that said Origin is a godsend, especially since that nice Indian guy from customer support re-licensed all my Sims 3 stuff on Origin.

But uh, yeah. Those updates man, The Sims 3 is just broken to begin with, that's the whole problem.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:31 PM
> So with that said Origin is a godsend, especially since that nice Indian guy from customer support re-licensed all my Sims 3 stuff on Origin.

Say what you want about Origin, but the customer support is a doozy.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:58 PM
> So with that said Origin is a godsend, especially since that nice Indian guy from customer support re-licensed all my Sims 3 stuff on Origin.

Say what you want about Origin, but the customer support is a doozy.

I called them once about not being able to use my Sims 3 store bought custom content. They were no help at all.

Turns out it was a well known problem with their DRM. My original install of the base game was from disk, but if you do a re-install from Origin, it doesn't recognize you as the owner Origin charged my credit card for $80 and didn't have a clue, they just wanted to charge me. After that, I made sure Origin did NOT have my charge card information on file.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:59 PM
I find life to be significantly less bothersome without a credit card.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2