Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default ZIP or RAR folders in the Mods folder
I'm trying to cut out nearly a gig of CC in my mods folder. However, I don't want to move the files elsewhere, in case I can't find them again. Could I just put them in zip or rar and place them in the mods folder? Would the game be able to recognize the files inside? Would it slow the game loading?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
I'm trying to cut out nearly a gig of CC in my mods folder. However, I don't want to move the files elsewhere, in case I can't find them again. Could I just put them in zip or rar and place them in the mods folder? Would the game be able to recognize the files inside? Would it slow the game loading?

The game won't recognize the files that are zipped. I realize you don't want to move them but best bet is what @nitromon suggested.

There are other options for cleaning out files in the Clean Up Game Files Column On This Page