Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM
Default Praise toddler always available
I'm not sure where else to put this; so if it's in the wrong place please let me know where it should be, thanks.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'd like to see a mod that allows for the "Praise" interaction between parents and toddlers to always be available instead of just when the parent is happy. I find it quite annoying that this interaction disappears the moment the parent's mood changes (whether it be a positive mood or a negative one).

I have been trying to figure out how to do it myself, but I have no clue where to start even. I've tried checking out many tutorials, but none of which have explained the process to me in a way that I can understand. Also, the only tuning tutorials I can find involve object tuning (definitely not what I'm looking for).

The only thing I have to base my search on is a suggestion from Deaderpool that I would be looking for a file like this: "socials_Targeted_Friendly_AlwaysOn_STC_Toddler_Compliment" tuning file. But without any knowledge of what I'm looking at I have no idea where to look (or how to change it once I do find the right file). So if anyone is able to help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. I can't be the only one who has found this disappearing interaction annoying.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:07 AM Last edited by bamrd : 25th Jun 2017 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DemonPoster
[Interaction that] allows for the "Praise" interaction between parents and toddlers to always be available instead of just when the parent is happy. The only thing I have to base my search on is a suggestion from Deaderpool that I would be looking for a file like this: "socials_Targeted_Friendly_AlwaysOn_STC_Toddler_Compliment" tuning file. But without any knowledge of what I'm looking at I have no idea where to look (or how to change it once I do find the right file).

Well, that didn't work for some odd reason. I'm looking into it and will be back once I know what my error was...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 7:42 PM
Thank you so much for the awesome tutorial! It might not have worked because it's the parents' values that need changing. Only when the parent is happy does the option come up, regardless of toddler mood. It fails, of course, when the toddler is in a negative mood.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonPoster
Thank you so much for the awesome tutorial!

You're welcome! I forgot to include that when you extract the tuning in Sims 4 Studio you need to check all the boxes on the first screen that pops up.

Quote:
It might not have worked because it's the parents' values that need changing. Only when the parent is happy does the option come up, regardless of toddler mood. It fails, of course, when the toddler is in a negative mood.

There's a section later on that you can change for the Parent's values, but that didn't change anything in-game, either (it had the same setup as the toddler function). That said, even when I changed the mod to allow Child Sims to use it nothing changed so it might be my game/computer that is the issue (I thought *maybe* I had a outdated XML file, but I haven't gotten around to testing that just yet).

This is the Parent's Original Code:

And this is what I turned it into:
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 8:48 PM
Haha! I figured it out! I was "adding in" code when I should have been "taking out" code.

The tutorial is still the same, but, instead of adding in all those mood codes (such as <T n="key">14640<!--Mood_Happy--></T>) everywhere you take a couple lines of code out.

Search and find this code and delete it:

And also this code:

Your Teen+ Sims will now be able to "Praise" their toddlers at all times.