Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 10:31 AM Last edited by FlannelSimmer : 30th Jul 2017 at 2:12 AM.
Default Your Secret Challenge (Inspired By the song "Secret")
(If this is a bad challenge, be honest and tell me! I also tried to add as many difficulties as I could for my first challenge to appeal to all Simmers.)
SONG LINK ON SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/boryanze/sec...-pierces-pretty
This challenge is based off of the Pretty Little Liars theme song, but has nothing to do with the actual show "Pretty Little Liars". That show's theme song just inspired me to make this challenge.
BACKSTORY

You are a young adult who lives in the town of [Insert Town Here], where gossip is the latest trend and celeberties run wild through the streets. Like everyone, you have a secret. You are a parent. You have been one for quite a while. The other parent of your precious [Insert Baby Name Here] was murdered in an armed robbery. The child lost its sight and hearing because of a rare disease that it got from its deceased parent's genes. You now need to keep your child a secret from the townsfolk while insuring it has a happy and safe life.
The real point of this challenge is just the last sentence of the story.
First, create a Sim! Your Sim can be any gender, but they must be a Young Adult. Do not customize them yet. Now go to the personality section and randomly choose their traits. Choosing traits first always helps me customize my Sims. Now you may customize them. They may look however you want, but I recommend that they either look a bit stressed and worn out or look like their traits. For example, a Genius would wear a tie or a suit, ect.
Next, create a Sim of the opposite gender that your main Sim is. Their traits don't matter. Just make them.
Now, Play With Genetics and create a toddler. You can not give the toddler any academics related traits (Like Genius). After that, delete the second Sim that you made to stage that he or she is dead.
Move the living parent and the toddler into a house. The rest will depend on what difficulty you choose.
EASY MODE
  • Your objective is to have the child grow up into a young adult without anyone finding out your secret!
  • You can start with up to 15,000 Simoleons.
  • Homeschool the child. Skip school every day, but have the child learn at least 1 skill point in any skill a day until they are a young adult.
  • If your main Sim marries, the new spouse tells the secret to anyone he or she has a romantic relationship with.
  • The child needs to be tutored by the main Sim if they want to learn any skill until they reach level 3 in that skill.
  • If you have Late Night, a butler is allowed.
  • If your Sim uses the "Share Secret" Interaction with anybody, they now know your secret. Other Sims only tell their Lovers about your secret if they know it.
NORMAL MODE
  • Your objective is to have the child grow up into a young adult with a job (or profession) and at least 2 mastered skills without anyone finding out your secret.
  • You can start with up to 10,000 Simoleons.
  • Homeschool the child. Skip school everyday, but they must learn at least 2 skill points in any skill every day.
  • If your main Sim marries, the spouse tells their Best Friends and any other Sims with a romantic relationship with that sim.
  • Anyone who is told about the secret must be moved into the household.
  • The child must be tutored by the main Sim until they reach level 4 in any skill.
  • Butlers are allowed.
  • If your Sim uses the "Share Secret" Interaction with anybody, they now know your secret. Other Sims only tell their Lovers and their Best Friends about your secret if they know it.
  • Until they are a Teen, you must bring your child with you everywhere you go.
HARD MODE
  • Your objective is to have the child grow up into a young adult with a job (or profession), be at at least level 4 in that job, and at least 4 mastered skills without anyone finding out your secret.
  • You can start with up to 5,000 Simoleons.
  • Homeschool the child. Skip school everyday, but they must learn at least 3 skill points in any skill every day.
  • If your main Sim marries, the spouse tells their Best Friends, their Good Friends and any other Sims with a romantic relationship with that sim.
  • Anyone who is told about the secret must be moved into the household ASAP.
  • The child must be tutored by the main Sim until they reach level 5 in any skill.
  • Butlers are not allowed.
  • If your Sim uses the "Share Secret" Interaction with anybody, they now know your secret. Other Sims only tell their Lovers, their Good Friends, and their Best Friends about your secret if they know it.
  • No matter what age, you must bring your child with you everywhere you go.
  • You MUST kill everyone who knows your secret.
One more rule that applies to ALL levels of difficulty. If someone you told your secret tells someone else, you can kill the person who told VIA mods or "death" methods (Locking them in a room with no food until they starve, putting a fence around the pool with them in it, ect.).
If you beat the challenge, cool! I'll customize all of the winners a little "You Beat The Challenge!" ribbon and I'll send anyone who has proof that they won that file.
EDIT : IF YOU HAVE GENERATIONS, THEN YOU MUST NEED A MOD THAT LETS YOU HOMESCHOOL YOUR CHILD.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:45 AM
I love this challenge! I love the song secret also! So catchy lol. Gonna start this challenge soon, and 3 questions: do you still get a ribbon if you do like easy mode or something or is it for all modes. Second question, are you allowed to have other children? Which is why she's so worn out? 3rd Question: is the reason she's hiding the baby because of his/hers disabilities? If so personally I think you should make it a little different maybe like she made a deal with someone that the next child she has she has to give to that someone, so she's trying to hide the baby so she doesn't have to give him/her away? Or it could be inspired by another song (rockabye baby) cause in the song rockabye baby it talks about how she's going to do what she has to so her child has a good life and nothing like hers. Lyrics (some): She just wants a life for her baby
All on her own, no one will come
She's got to save him (daily struggle)
She tells him "ooh love"
No one's ever gonna hurt you, love
I'm gonna give you all of my love
Nobody matters like you (stay up there, stay up there)
She tells him "your life ain't gonna be nothing like my life (straight)
You're gonna grow and have a good life
I'm gonna do what I've got to do" (stay up there, stay up there)

So maybe because he has disabilities she doesn't want him to be bullied and have his feelings hurt deeply. So that's why she's so protective maybe? Idk just some ideas Thanks for making this challenge! ~SimplyRoyal
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplyRoyal
I love this challenge! I love the song secret also! So catchy lol. Gonna start this challenge soon, and 3 questions: do you still get a ribbon if you do like easy mode or something or is it for all modes. Second question, are you allowed to have other children? Which is why she's so worn out? 3rd Question: is the reason she's hiding the baby because of his/hers disabilities? If so personally I think you should make it a little different maybe like she made a deal with someone that the next child she has she has to give to that someone, so she's trying to hide the baby so she doesn't have to give him/her away? Or it could be inspired by another song (rockabye baby) cause in the song rockabye baby it talks about how she's going to do what she has to so her child has a good life and nothing like hers. Lyrics (some): She just wants a life for her baby
All on her own, no one will come
She's got to save him (daily struggle)
She tells him "ooh love"
No one's ever gonna hurt you, love
I'm gonna give you all of my love
Nobody matters like you (stay up there, stay up there)
She tells him "your life ain't gonna be nothing like my life (straight)
You're gonna grow and have a good life
I'm gonna do what I've got to do" (stay up there, stay up there)

So maybe because he has disabilities she doesn't want him to be bullied and have his feelings hurt deeply. So that's why she's so protective maybe? Idk just some ideas Thanks for making this challenge! ~SimplyRoyal

You're welcome! For question 1, There will be one ribbon because I'm just a person who believes in equality. For 2, you are allowed to marry and have other children, and they will be "normal" and go to school, but they tell anyone who is above friend status with them, and the people they told tell only their best friends and the chain goes on. Note that you are allowed to send your pesky new child who told to boarding school, but no child-killing on purpose. 3 is that basically exactly what you said. Your sim is worried about bullies and the outside world mocking and harming your child. In real life it happens all the time. Some disabled people are even killed by such mockery. (It happened a few days ago, tbh) While there are many real life programs that attempt to help them such as schools for the blind, your sim feels that it's best for them to be home schooled. Sorry there are so many plot holes, I made this in one sitting and accidentally deleted the whole backstory and had to redo it. -FlannelSimmer
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 1:27 AM
I love this challenge so thanks for making it. Quick question can I use some mods with the challenge. Like the gun mod I want to do the whole robbing thing instead of just deleting the sim. Thanks again
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 2:41 AM
Thank you so much for answering my questions! Don't worry about me killing the kids "Purposefully" I may be not so nice (sometimes) with my sims but killing kid sims is cruel. I apologize about my 3rd question I was very tired, at the time I wrote this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tamSM3
I love this challenge so thanks for making it. Quick question can I use some mods with the challenge. Like the gun mod I want to do the whole robbing thing instead of just deleting the sim. Thanks again

Mods are okay for killing, as I said in the ending, but make sure no NPCs can kill.