Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:17 PM
Default Weird Things Happening?
Hi guyses, I'm new. I thought I'd bring up a topic on weird things -- whether they be glitchy, unusual, user-error, etc, etc -- that have happened in your TS2 game! Maybe I've experienced something similar?

I can think of one weird thing off the top of my head, and that was years ago on my first laptop. My Sim Mina (whom I don't have anymore because I don't have any of that Sims2 info) made robots a lot, and one time I was messing around with the moveobjects_on cheat. I stuck the robot (it was either the cleanbot or the hydrobot) on her head (somehow on accident, I think my mouse slipped or something) and then she had a bot for a head. It even moved like a head moves.

It's not THAT weird, I know, but it sure looked weird, lol.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:48 AM
Hmmm... Let's see if I remember...
Well, in an old game, my vampire child sim would/could not leave the house, despite my directing him to...
Then there was the time when due to corruption, my child sims got adult LTWs

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Hmmm... Let's see if I remember...
Well, in an old game, my vampire child sim would/could not leave the house, despite my directing him to...
Then there was the time when due to corruption, my child sims got adult LTWs

Aaagh that is strange. Did it happen at night too, or just during the day? Also, I don't think I know what an LTW is. I've been Simming pretty much ever since the very first Sims game came out when I was a little girl, but I've never actually been part of the Sims community aside from years of downloading CC, so I don't know if it's a game term or a comm term. Sorry. ^_^''
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:35 PM
During the day.
LTW stands for LifeTime Want
It's fine

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:34 PM
During the day.
LTW stands for LifeTime Want
It's fine

Ohhh DUH. I knew I would know it as soon as I saw it! I was sitting here thinking what could that stand for, but my brain processing power wasn't up all the way. So obvious now....
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:19 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Jul 2017 at 8:34 AM.
I have two things that I can think of, one of which has not happened lately and the other happens frequently.

The thing that has not happened to me for some time now, is when I would have child Sims that would float in the air. I thought it was funny and annoying at the same time. That particular thing has not happend for a long time and I am glad.

The other one is something that happens times per play session when I am playing a lot with an Elevator/Lift and it has a foundation. I get pets and other Sims children to Elders, inside the foundation and they are trapped and sometimes they die if I don't notice them and move them with the moveobjects cheat. The Sims are ones that I don't control at least so far, but the pets are ones that belong to the household.

I have a large number of lots with Elevators/Lifts and frequently they have foundations, so this happens a lot and it is very annoying when I have a Sim die because they were not rescued in time.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I have two things that I can think of, one of which has not happened lately and the other happens frequently.

The thing that has not happened to me for some time now, is when I would have child Sims that would float in the air. I thought it was funny and annoying at the same time. That particular thing has not happend for a long time and I am glad.

The other one is something that happens times per play session when I am playing a lot with an Elevator/Lift and it has a foundation. I get pets and other Sims children to Elders, inside the foundation and they are trapped and sometimes they die if I don't notice them and move them with the moveobjects cheat. The Sims are ones that I don't control at least so far, but the pets are ones that belong to the household.

I have a large number of lots with Elevators/Lifts and frequently they have foundations, so this happens a lot and it is very annoying when I have a Sim die because they were not rescued in time.

Dude, what the heck? The first one's pretty funny, but that second one is messed up. Does it happens on community lots, where you can't save? If so, that really sucks, and I can imagine the frustration. I don't use elevators much in TS2 anyway, but I'll definitely be careful with them. I might try it on purpose to see if it happens to me too, though, but it won't be for a while since I'm reconstructing my town and won't be playing it much until I'm done.

Hmm...maybe I could make a death trap. I'm transforming my town into an edgy goth village and it could definitely use more freshly covered holes in the ground, if you know what I mean.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmingRose
Dude, what the heck? The first one's pretty funny, but that second one is messed up. Does it happens on community lots, where you can't save? If so, that really sucks, and I can imagine the frustration. I don't use elevators much in TS2 anyway, but I'll definitely be careful with them. I might try it on purpose to see if it happens to me too, though, but it won't be for a while since I'm reconstructing my town and won't be playing it much until I'm done.

Hmm...maybe I could make a death trap. I'm transforming my town into an edgy goth village and it could definitely use more freshly covered holes in the ground, if you know what I mean.

I don't recall it happening on Community Lots, at least not so far.

You can make a death trap really easily, just build something with a foundation and use moveobjects to put the Sim(s) that you want inside the foundation. One could make a basement with out an exit and put them into it, or the Beaker House in Strangetown and remove the stair where Nervous Subject's bed is and make sure that the unfortunate sim is there.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I don't recall it happening on Community Lots, at least not so far.

You can make a death trap really easily, just build something with a foundation and use moveobjects to put the Sim(s) that you want inside the foundation. One could make a basement with out an exit and put them into it, or the Beaker House in Strangetown and remove the stair where Nervous Subject's bed is and make sure that the unfortunate sim is there.

Oooh that sounds delectably horrible! X3
I like pool traps, too, when you remove the ladder. I haven't done it to multiple Sims at once yet, though. Hmm, now I'm thinking about creating a Sim whose house is a death trap in various ways, from foundation elevators to ladderless pools. I sound like a psycho now, geez, lol. Only in The Sims! XD
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:19 PM
In my last neighborhood would one of my sims - mike - always spawn on community grounds and dorms and actually everywhere
I ended up calling him stalking Mike because it happened all the damn time. All the time
But yeah that's that I think ---'

I build small houses *^*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
In my last neighborhood would one of my sims - mike - always spawn on community grounds and dorms and actually everywhere
I ended up calling him stalking Mike because it happened all the damn time. All the time
But yeah that's that I think ---'

Sounds like your game has favorites, lol. I have some Townies that show up on almost every community lot I go to, but nothing like that when it comes to University. But it sounds like you're talking about one of your personal Sims, rather than a Townie, so that doesn't really make sense. But I guess in a way, the game treats all Sims you're not currently playing as "Townies" when you're in community lots....still, "all the time"? We can call that a favoritism glitch, XD
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:48 PM
@SimmingRose it only made the story more fun since he got the nickname Stalking Mike. He was father to one of my favorite sims, but he was literally everywhere and didn't care if people were on toilet or anything else ._.'

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:11 AM
I once had a sim that didn't stop swimming when I had her get out of the swimming pool. She swam through the ground or floor everywhere I told her to go. She'd rise up to do things -- eat, shower, whatever -- then sink back into the floor and swim to the next thing. Fortunately, everything was back to normal the next time I loaded the game.

Another sim I had was at the top of the law enforcement career. I can't remember the title, but at the top of the career the sim flies to work. Whenever she returned from work, she was invisible. I could see her plumbob and if I could click under it at just the right time, I could send her to get a shower and she'd reappear. If I didn't get to her in time, I just had to hope she'd take proper care of herself and I could catch her in time the next work day.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 8:00 PM
On my very first neghborhood which was a bit corrupted I had warlock sim. When he visited high witch lots (both of them) and I sent him buy reagents, he was sunk into terrain and walked around witch mountain unable to go up by stairs and I saw only his plumbbob floating around a lot until he came out again onto the road. It was funny.
Instructor
#15 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 5:29 PM
Recently, there was a stove fire, and it wouldn't go out. My Sims couldn't extinguish it, and I couldn't delete it in build mode. They were even able to utilize the oven and adjacent counters. The only solution was to move... Bizarre!

Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:32 AM
Recently, there was a stove fire, and it wouldn't go out. My Sims couldn't extinguish it, and I couldn't delete it in build mode. They were even able to utilize the oven and adjacent counters. The only solution was to move... Bizarre!

I feel like that's happened to me, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:35 AM
Oooh I just remembered something weird that happens ALL the time! Ok, maybe it's not "weird" but sure is annoying!

When the TOILET FLOODS. It floods the floor UNDERNEATH the toilet and my Sims can't mop there, so I have to move the toilet in Buy Mode, have them clean it, then put the toilet back, or use the moveobjects cheat and delete the puddle or even use Force Error (which is the one I use the least in this case). It is so dumb and the puddles shouldn't be getting under there.
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:44 PM
Yes, it aggravates me quite a bit when that happens!

Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:46 PM
The only thing there happens in my game is sim who is mother when she pick up her baby and walk is her arms down ---'

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#20 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:23 AM
Pretty hard to carry a baby like that, huh?

Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 9:06 AM
So I was playing yesterday and suddenly one of my sim got full body skills out of like nowhere
There popped like five of those "gained a skill" things up and I sat there like
Well: that was easy

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmingRose
Oooh I just remembered something weird that happens ALL the time! Ok, maybe it's not "weird" but sure is annoying!

When the TOILET FLOODS. It floods the floor UNDERNEATH the toilet and my Sims can't mop there, so I have to move the toilet in Buy Mode, have them clean it, then put the toilet back, or use the moveobjects cheat and delete the puddle or even use Force Error (which is the one I use the least in this case). It is so dumb and the puddles shouldn't be getting under there.

There is a simple solution to this problem. Download and then use an object by yedda_2000 the Floor Drain Room version, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=210454

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
The only thing there happens in my game is sim who is mother when she pick up her baby and walk is her arms down ---'

She has maternal telekinesis.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:43 PM
So I was playing yesterday and suddenly one of my sim got full body skills out of like nowhere
There popped like five of those "gained a skill" things up and I sat there like
Well: that was easy

That's happened to me too. I think it actually might be some kind of bonus that came with an expansion or something, but I'm really not sure. I just know I've seen it happen.
Link Ninja
#25 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:10 PM
I hear that if they have studied physiology and then work out they gain a body every minute - it was a loophole/glitch that came with Freetime.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 1 of 2