Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:29 AM
Default Sims 3 World items not appearing in CAW
It's been a while since I used CAW. I seem to be missing the World objects from Roaring heights in my CAW objects list. Apart from re-installing CAW is there another way to get these to appear?
Thanking you in advance
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:58 PM
What items might that be? You're sure they are suppose to be there? There is a tutorial somewhere " how make objects appear in caw metadata" or something similar. The biggest problem is to actually find the files.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:08 PM
If you go into edit in game the items are probably available there, you can put them down via edit in game and even if they don't look right in the CAW window CAW will remember what they are and when you play your world it'll display correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
What items might that be? You're sure they are suppose to be there? There is a tutorial somewhere " how make objects appear in caw metadata" or something similar. The biggest problem is to actually find the files.

It's the bridge from roaring heights I am really after. I have had it appear in CAW before and had no problem, this time it seems sims 3 world objects aren't appearing. Roaring heights is installed and the bridge is in the game, just not CAW
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 6:29 AM
I have forgotten how to do it, but I believe it has to be coded a certain way and added to your CAW in the program files. As said, search/google and you will find the method to do it.

- - found these notes which may or may not be current ----- also you will have to set up the CAW framework----

Showing Objects In World Editor and Create-a-World Catalog
Basically all objects can be made to appear in World Editor or Create-a-World catalog. To make an object appear on those catalogs, apply this value on your desired object OBJD data:
• Set Version in CommonBlock to 0x0000000E.
• Set Unknown7[3] to 0x01 (IsVisibleInWorldBuilder to TRUE in later versions of S3Pe)

• If you want the object to show up in the World Editor catalog, set BuildCategoryFlags to 0x00001000 (Tree), 0x00002000 (Rock), or 0x00008000 (Community/Misc. Objects).

In s3pe, click on the OBJD and click 'grid' at the bottom of the page:

Click the + next to Common Block, change it to 0x0000000E and click Commit (at the bottom of the window).

Now, click Grid again to open up the window, and you will see a new option in CommonBlock- IsVisibleInWorldBuilder. Change the option to True.

Change the BuildCategory Flags to 0x00008000 to make it show up in Misc objects (or 0x00001000 to group it with trees, or 0x00002000 to group it with Rocks).

Click Commit, then save your file. Now, you can put that file in your CAW framework and your object will show up in CAW metadata.

If you also put it in your Game Framework then it will show up in the World Editor bit of Sims 3, too.

NOTE: Anyone using a world made with EA/ in-game objects modded to show up in CAW will not need your mod installed to use the world. They will show up just fine, as they are already in-game objects.

However, if you are using a custom object to show in CAW, users of your world will need to have the custom object in their Mods folder. They won't need to have your version, modded to show up in CAW, installed though.