Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:49 AM
Default Your Dream House as a Sim
If you were a sim, what kind of housing would you love to live in?
A small one? A big one with all the shiny things? An apartment? A beach house?
In the desert, the woods, or by the shore?

Do you have a particular lot that you'd want to live in?

As for me, there are times when I want to live in Liv's apartments or plasticbox's starter homes.
How about you?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 6:24 AM
Yes, I built a lot for my simself, my hubby and our kids. it's the beach house that I uploaded here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=591365

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 12:31 AM
I'd love to live in a little half-timbered cottage in Veronaville. Those houses are old-fashioned, and sometimes inconvenient, but they've got oodles of character. And I have so many friends living in Veronaville. I'm single, and my tastes are simple, so a little cottage will suit me perfectly.

Inspired by this thread, I did a bit of house-hunting today, and I've settled for 30 Poet Place. There's a very similar empty house in the Via Veronaville, but the Poet Place one is more central, and Scott Moore's little grocers shop is conveniently just across the road at number 35. Moreover I reckon I'd have a lot of friends living within easy walking distance.

Like most of the old Veronaville houses, 30 Poet Place needs some upgrading and modernisation, but it does have a cooker, counter and sink unit downstairs, and a fully equipped bathroom upstairs. The house has been wired for electricity, but only one electric light (downstairs near the cooking area) has been fitted. (That makes me wonder if the wiring was done in the 1920s.) Still, the house can be made habitable with the addition of a fridge, a bed, a dining table, a bookcase, a couple of chairs, and a few more electric lights. And it has a fireplace to keep warm. The price is listed as §16,988, so I reckon I could afford a couple of little luxuries out of my initial §20K. I'd like to plant flowers round the house to make a pretty house even prettier. I'm not much good at gardening either in real life or in The Sims, but fortunately the Veronaville gardeners don't charge too much.

In contrast I was looking at the slightly larger 28 Bard Boulevard, as a possible home for Andrew and Julian after university. It costs §23,929 but, apart from a fireplace, it has no fixtures and fittings at all. It makes 30 Poet Place look quite a bargain. Which suits me -- I always have an eye for value for money.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:23 AM
I'd like the Cape Cod, properly weather-proofed, either on the shore or overlooking a river with some forested mountain slopes in the distance. I'd need to renovate a bit, though: instead of the narrow little kitchen behind the stairs, I'd move the kitchen to the corner, so I could have a big square space, and put the dining table where Maxis have the kitchen. I'd probably do away with the bathroom behind the stairs, too, to make space for a formal dining room.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
I would live just like my "rich" Sims (Don Lothario and a few others ) in a "mansion'" with all the works that goes with it. I also would have a far away hard to find mountain cabin for get away.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 6:57 PM
I would live in an IKEA showroom, in a not-too-small house. I would probably not care too much about what kind of Hood it is..I would never see it!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 7:23 PM
I would love to live in Atomic Valley. Pretty much any house... *le sigh*
http://theatticbox.tumblr.com/tagged/Atomic-Valley

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
I would love to live in Atomic Valley. Pretty much any house... *le sigh*
http://theatticbox.tumblr.com/tagged/Atomic-Valley

It is indeed pretty!
But it does not contains my CC creations, and as a Sim, I'd want them. lol

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 7:45 PM
I built my dream home many years ago in sims on a hard drive and computer that has since gone to heaven sniff. A white two story with a wrap around balcony, a blue yellow and white kitchen with breakfast nook a formal dining room, a nice study upstairs with a super nice master bedroom and bath with 2 child bedrooms, a play room and a nursery. And of course oodles of bathrooms, a living room, an office, a laundry room, and an in ground pool in the back yard.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 7:49 PM
Ah! I had a blue yellow and white kitchen with breakfast nook! I built the nook myself. In real life I mean.
(details : Blue & white vertical stripes wallpaper, paneling/chair molding on half the walls..that was white. Yellow table clothe, kitchen cabinet door handles, and a few deco items)
When I die, I'd like to go to Heaven Sniff too.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 9:15 PM
I have far too many dream houses to build them all, even in sims, and some of them have unreplicable features.

Like, all the walls are built-in bookshelves. Some of the furniture also doubles as bookshelves - shelves on the back and sides of armchairs, for example.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 9:36 PM
If I were a Sim, I'd live in a big, beautiful beach house with tons of long windows to look out over my pristine, private beach and the clear, blue sea. I built a house like this for my Sims once. It was one of the few built-by-me houses that I liked.

In real life, I'd never want to live on a beach. Costly, homes packed tightly together, parking issues, teeny (or nonexistent) yards, tons of people always hanging out nearby. I'd end up pulling the drapes closed and never looking out at the murky, gray surf and crowd-covered beach.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 9:55 PM
I want:
a library with at least 1000 books
a separate office for my pc
a large shower in the bathroom so that I don't have to stand in one spot
a large dining table in the kitchen so that my best friends can dine with me
flowers in the garden
and a comfy bed to sleep in.
Design - it does not matter, can be a square box with a flat roof for all I care - as long as I have all the above
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:15 AM
I like some of the premade lots.

In Sims 3, I like Sunset Valley's 'Pondcentric' and I remade it for Sims 2 as well. You can't make it in Sims 4 though!

In Sims 2, I like the Curious brothers' house in Strangetown. Mainly because of the platforms- what a view you'd have from up there, and how the heck did they get planning permission?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:54 AM
What makes you think Strangetown has a planning office? They're in the middle of the freaking desert. Strangetown doesn't even have a stoplight and a gas station.

Nowadays, of course, it has a Historical designation and they aren't allowed to tear it down.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#16 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:30 AM
Well I know what I want IRL and I sure do want it in sims to.

- Big house with 2 floors, open space but still seperated by room
- A brick stable (heey I got 2 horses)
- Typical rustic wood floor with a modern touch interior
- A lot of marble and white yes
- A library in combination with a office
- A spa like bathroom
- Big open garden with a lot of wildflowers

That pretty much sums it up.
now I must just build it..
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 11:30 AM
The Curious house reminds me of a giant diving board. They should put a swimming pool under that platform with the telescope on it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What makes you think Strangetown has a planning office? They're in the middle of the freaking desert. Strangetown doesn't even have a stoplight and a gas station.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The Curious house reminds me of a giant diving board. They should put a swimming pool under that platform with the telescope on it.

Great idea, when I build that house for real with my lottery winnings, I'll make it happen. I'll also have hours of fun stopping the rest of my family from getting out of the bathroom by running around the central corridor.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:38 PM
I've thought about this multiple times, but never did make up my mind.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 2:45 PM
There's no specific lot or house that I like but I enjoy big modern houses with large windows and many rooms, preferably at the beach. I always build houses by myself and never live in the ones from the EP's it's just not my style.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:22 AM
There's a little beach house that was a Sims bin house - forget what it's called and I can't find it - it was oddly shaped and the layout as it was, was the usual boring, badly designed interior. I changed it around quite a bit and rather love it. It has three bedrooms and full length windows on the side facing the sea upstairs and a nice little garden at the side and back. Downstairs an adequate kitchen and dining area and lounge with a door into the side garden. I could live there quite happily.
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Take 180 wright way (aka the big Victorian from pleasant view) plop it in the mountains on a few hundred acres, with a river, a lake and a great view. That's pretty much as good as it gets for me
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:17 PM
There's quite a few in Pleasantview I'd love to live in. I recently moved the Worthington's into 105 Sim lane and the Lothario's into their old house, 170 Sim Lane. To be honest the whole of Sim lane has beautiful houses. Big enough for my average Pleasantview family (2.4 kids) along with some pets and it fits in with the suburban neighbourhood theme I like.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:24 AM
My SimSelf could happily live in an apartment in Lady Angel's Council Flats, preferably in a Downtown or Belladonna Cove:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=458131
(Sorry I'm not British so I have no idea what the real ones are like to have a differing opinion of them.)
Scholar
#25 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:08 AM
I'm quite partial to the Ramaswani's new house. It's a four-room bungalow with separate hut at the top of a huge beach and a small garden at the front.

The first room, which is also the largest, opens with a double-width archway and a short corridor (with the bathroom door adjoining it). It contains the kitchen-dining space with seating for 5 on its curved countertops. There's also a small hi-fi set, which is usually ignored in favour of the seating that faces the wall-to-wall windows... ...that give a panoramic view of the sea. There are also some moderate-sized windows facing the street, but these are usually ignored.

The bathroom contains a toilet, sink, bath and a toiletries shelf.

The guest bedroom ("soon-to-be-nursery") contains a bookshelf, guest bed and lots of space. It is spacious and also offers panoramic views of the sea.

The master bedroom has a small sofa, hot tub, double bed and a mini-fridge with mirror over it (the mirror is basically decorative at this point). You will not be surprised to hear that the Ramaswanis wake up to panoramic views of the sea.

The house has a really straightforward layout - every room opens to every other with a double arch apart from the double-doored master bedroom and the bathroom-doored... ...bathroom. The main downside is that every morning, the Ramaswanis will have to walk past their noisy children to cook breakfast, once said children are born.

The "hut" contains a toilet, sink, shower and dresser, and has three doors: one facing the road, another the front door of the bungalow and the third facing the quickest path down to the beach. (There's a bit of a cliff on the lot, and a second, gentler path snaking across the front of it. Sims mostly use it to reach the mid-route barbeque).

Of course, at the base of the paths and the cliff, is a grand expanse of beach, complete with a single palm tree.
Page 1 of 2