Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
How does Ancient Highway's NPC aging mod works?

Any NPC or townie on your lot at 6pm will age a day along with your playable. Home businesses kept open to are the best way to ensure they age. Of course on a regular home lot none of them may be on/walking past at all, so if you don't play home businesses or have lots of townies it would not turn out to be very effective.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:12 PM
Ok..so basically, NPC and Townies will age, if they are on the lot you are currently playing.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:13 PM
They'll age whenever they're on a community or a residential lot at 6PM. There is no need to have home businesses for them to age.
In my previous hood, they used to age on community lots (owned or not). I barely play home businesses since I dislike them.
You may encounter this small issue though: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=9261.0
Inventor
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:26 PM
The deaths of npcs/townies. That's easy.

The cowplant.

But honestly, I don't really care how these Sims age or die as my custom Sims go on about their lives. After all, I use the empty neighborhood templates and I have the mods to prevent the game from producing more townies or npcs. And those dormies can stay in college for the rest of their lives. XD
Theorist
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM
I don't really deal with their aging and deaths at all.

To me the Townies are just the random extras used to fill the background of my personal Sims melodrama series.

When I decide to include a Townie or Service NPC into my storyline I usually move them to a new household right away, and give them a makeover(sometimes down to the genetic level), and possibly a new name.

I haven't decided what to do about Townies in my Medieval game yet. I already have the mods so that the game doesn't spawn new ones and the defaults for the various service NPCs. Probably gonna handcraft the townies to look like courtiers or something.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:12 PM
Currently, I have no townies in my game. Eventually, though, I will make my own, a few at a time. I don't think of my townies as tourists. They are more like acquaintances. Neighbors, of sort, except my Sims don't know where they live.

Sometimes, if they become close to several of my Sims but don't become spouses, I'll give them a household and make them playable. In my last game, which lasted about six months (longer than any other I've played), I even got tired of seeing my CAS townies show up but never age. So I built a retirement home, teleported several in, aged them up and let them die of old age. A few others had fatal accidents.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:21 PM
Townies don't bother me. Occasionally one that isn't so ugly will marry into one of my families. When it comes time for my sims to age up, if the option comes up, I will age up three ugly townies. However, now I have too many townie elders and need to kill a few off.
As for Sims that I don't play (either because they were my daughter's or they're not currently of interest) I just regard them as a race of immortals who my sims tend to avoid.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
They'll age whenever they're on a community or a residential lot at 6PM. There is no need to have home businesses for them to age.
In my previous hood, they used to age on community lots (owned or not). I barely play home businesses since I dislike them.
You may encounter this small issue though: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=9261.0

Are you sure on the unowned community lot? I thought they did only on owned ones. Well if they are that will help. I've used the mod for well over a year now, but I play so slowly it's no wonder I haven't noticed more.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:12 AM
Of course I am!
Quote:
All non-player characters, townies, downtownies, social classes and service NPCs, will age at 6pm on community and livable lots in neighborhoods that are not University or Vacation. This should age non-playable pets also.

I've also used the mod for over a year too. :-D
Mad Poster
#35 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you sure on the unowned community lot? I thought they did only on owned ones. Well if they are that will help. I've used the mod for well over a year now, but I play so slowly it's no wonder I haven't noticed more.

Well, if you click on the link Essa provided..you'll see that the very first post is about someone who had problem because a food judge aged to elder, on a unowned community lot.
So, yes...

Theorist
#36 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:53 AM
The someone is actually me. That's how I know what I'm talking about. ;-)
Scholar
#37 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Yes, @Amura - I have lots of them, and 152 playable families - a retirement home was not enough. (Good to see you, by the way )

Oh, thanks for remembering me! <3 I'm honestly amused that someone notices me in these forums, I've never been much around - and lately almost all I do is posting in my own whats-going-on thead.
I guess I feel like one of those townies, mostly walking around without doing much of importance. You could easily replace them with another one, different name, another boring hairstyle, and nobody would notice a thing! xD
Mad Poster
#38 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 11:56 AM
You're not that easy to forget.

As for those townies - I know them so well, I probably know each one's aspiration - and I find it not at all easy to replace them. I tried - and I missed Goopy and Sandy and Shelby and Alvin and Marylena and Orlando and Megan and - well, all of them - just too much
Mad Poster
#39 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
The someone is actually me. That's how I know what I'm talking about. ;-)

lol!!! Now that you tell me....
I read the whole post, but didn't noticed the *poster*...posteresse?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:06 PM
I am chuckling at many of the posts on this page.

Glad that the mod is working on all main hood lot types... also I notice everyone who posts.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:54 PM
Kinda late jumping into this thread but my method is much more contrived than most of the others that posted.

I use townies as marriage material for my playables. I actually start a neighborhood and build 2+ generation families and make them townies as appropriate. Sometimes I kill off members of their family and sometimes I intermingle the townie families but I give them all a basic history so that when they get married to a playable, they aren't just baby-making fodder for my sims. This does lead to some bloat and has actually caused some weird issues. For example, I planned to have my sim (Dina Foxe) get married to this townie who actually turned out to be a relative of hers. My family trees are a mess of intertwining branches and some not-game breaking "incest" has occurred; meaning they aren't recognized as relatives by the game but some family tree snooping shows they are distantly related. This is moreso my fault than anything but it's something I didn't anticipate happening.

Also, I don't do rotational play in my main hood. It's one family that I play for about 3 generations. Heirs have kids while spares get moved out as soon as the heir's first child is born. Once the 3rd gen is either a teen or older (depending on the hood's population needs) I townifying all the living in the household and move in another branch of the family. Rinse and repeat. It creates a lot of age discrepancies especially in families that have more than one kid as the heir will have a sibling that is still a teen, while their great-grand child is going through college. Kinda gotta suspend your disbelief when playing the way I play.
Page 2 of 2