Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Polstuart

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 21st Sep 2017 at 9:34 PM - Updated 24th Jan 2018 at 12:01 PM by Ferguson Avenue

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:22 PM
Very nice. I doubt if I could play the largest one without game issues and freezes. I downloaded the small one but I may be back for the medium one instead. I like the carriage house on the medium and large ones.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:10 AM
Amazing buildings! <3
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:12 AM
I can tell how proud you are of your creation from the sheer number of pictures, and I can see why. You clearly put a lot of time and love into it and it shows. The end result is truly beautiful.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:42 AM
I'm so glad you finished this! Congratulations! The architectural features are amazing, so many fiddly little bits!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:08 AM
Oh, the gardens- divine!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 6:33 AM
Not only beautifully built but you have captured this gloomy atmosphere that I love (I hope you don't mind the "gloomy" phrase, I'm meaning it as a compliment!). The garden is also remarkable, arranged so historically. When the day comes that I want to play a "historical" neighborhood, I will certainly remember this upload - I want that bathroom with a classic fireplace!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 8:44 AM
Atmospheric house! Everything is very thought out, stylish, beautiful. I do not like to play in such large houses, but viewing the screenshots, as well as the history of the house, gave me incomparable pleasure! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 9:50 AM
This is stunning! Layout, gardens, detail and three sizes... thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:30 PM
My first impression was "a bit grim, must be a prison or asylum", but you've captured the atmosphere of this sort of old house perfectly. I like to see servants' quarters in real stately homes to show the contrast between the way the occupants live and attics and basements are always a plus point for me.

A great creation that I'm going to have fun exploring.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 1:28 PM
Downloaded this to put in Midnight Hollow or Moonlight Falls <3 lovely house.
scotland ftw
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:11 PM
I don't know whether you know this already but all three versions come with a second house attached, Quarryton Pub by Jaguwar, and that building comes with some third party cc attached - a roof, I think.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 24th Sep 2017 at 12:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I don't know whether you know this already but all three versions come with a second house attached, Quarryton Pub by Jaguwar, and that building comes with some third party cc attached - a roof, I think.

Thanks for the feedback. This isn't something I've come across, I'll look into it.
I've taken down the files until the problem has been rectified.
That issue should now be fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:53 PM
This is a magnificent build! It encapsulates the quaint charm that my families have when I create and style them. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 2:45 AM
This is stunning! And the gardens are gorgeous, oh my goodness
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
I'm so glad you finished this! Congratulations! The architectural features are amazing, so many fiddly little bits!

Thanks! Yeah there was a lot of fussing about over little details...
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Oh, the gardens- divine!

Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
This is stunning! Layout, gardens, detail and three sizes... thank you so much!

Yeah, I had a lot of fun at the end when it came to the gardens. I drew a lot of inspiration from Arts and Crafts style gardens which were very popular with the owners of these kinds of properties when 'restoring' them.
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Not only beautifully built but you have captured this gloomy atmosphere that I love (I hope you don't mind the "gloomy" phrase, I'm meaning it as a compliment!). The garden is also remarkable, arranged so historically. When the day comes that I want to play a "historical" neighborhood, I will certainly remember this upload - I want that bathroom with a classic fireplace!

Quote: Originally posted by Collector
My first impression was "a bit grim, must be a prison or asylum", but you've captured the atmosphere of this sort of old house perfectly. I like to see servants' quarters in real stately homes to show the contrast between the way the occupants live and attics and basements are always a plus point for me.

Thanks, I don't mind at all, these kinds of houses are often dark and gloomy, especially during the winter months when they're also very cold. I seem to be spending more and more time in these kinds of houses recently for both work and leisure so I feel much more informed now when it comes to recreating them. There's just something about them that gets under your skin.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 5:56 AM
Thanks!These look like they might make great assylums or community houses.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:04 PM
Amazing, it looks like a haunted mansion. I love it
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:23 PM
Is the CC from Quarryton Pub bad? I mean if Quarryton attaches itself to another file it's got to be bad CC, right?
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 18th Oct 2017 at 4:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mayor-Of-Mustard
Is the CC from Quarryton Pub bad? I mean if Quarryton attaches itself to another file it's got to be bad CC, right?

Yes, that was the issue, it's not so much bad as it is a nuisance. The present uploaded files are clean and have been vetted with Delphy's Multipack Extractor to make certain of it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:37 AM
Wauw.... just ... wauw! That must've taken forever! Looks amazing! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 3:51 PM
This is beautiful! The attention to detail and the story you provided were so touching- feels like a real home after you read it even though the outward impressions of the place are cold and dark. I wonder how this house would fair in different game environments? (For example, under the Aurora Skies or brightness of the French sun?)
Either way, you gave me a name for my favorite type of garden, that I've loved ever since I was a child and saw a city hall that was once an old mansion-Parterre. No one could ever tell me what that was, and being in America, there certainly aren't many around. I think I've seen this type of garden twice in my life, and only once done in the classic style without being re-imagined in a museum setting. I really love that you included this, it's actually a personal blessing on a very deep level- I can't tell you why I love these, but they've always felt magical to me, and now I can use them in my legacy for my little sim people. It may be just a game, but it's a really special feeling. Thank you.