Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
Hello there disagree fairy!

Well its a very subjective topic, so disagrees are to be expected. Doesn't have anything to do with a mythological sprite

Also if we are including default townies and NPCs under premades then my list is considerably longer. I have long ago default replaced the whole Pleasantview bunch of Townies and NPCs. And no the replacements aren't all "pretty" they just use different face templates, more coordinated dress styles and more ordinary names.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:08 PM
Yeah...I don't think the "disagree fairy" has anything to do with the disagrees in this thread. Just reading through the posts makes it very clear we don't all agree on who's "ugly."
Forum Resident
#28 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Worst is relative. To me, ugly isn't "This sim is so grotesque I can't even look at them." it's more...this sim has such extreme features that I don't want them to have kids, because it will be really hard to find a sim with a neutral face to blend well with the features instead of making the combination worse.
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:40 AM
I think Dina Caliente can be quite pretty if you give her a better hairstyle - preferably in a darker shade of blonde that doesn't look quite as unnatural.

Anyway, as far as ugly premades go, I would say that Gavin Newson is pretty hideous. I have never been able to do anything with him to make him look appealing. His mouth makes him look like a Dr. Suess character.

Lisa Ramirez has a face that looks oddly evil, she kind of scares me. XD Also, I initially found Jodie Larson to be pretty ugly, but after giving her a better hairstyle and makeup, I found her more attractive.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:54 AM Last edited by Kunder : 4th Nov 2017 at 2:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Dora Ottomas is the only one who stands out to me as particularly ugly, and that's because they intentionally made her "look old" as if a sim's face sculpt could change due to age.

Nothing at all wrong with how Dina and Nina look. I assumed by "ugly" you meant appearance, not actions/character/personality.
Goneril, and Miranda Capp, Dora, and Sharla Ottomas, Sandy Bruty, and several other townies, who's mouths look like a Carp. I think the most "attractive" Pre-made Sims are, Meadow Thayer, Melody Tinker, Mary Lou Pleasant, Lily Do, Linsay Louie, Tina Roenneke, and there are a few others, but I can't remember their names.

I DO, however keep in mind that they're Sims, and keep things in perspective.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Worst is relative. To me, ugly isn't "This sim is so grotesque I can't even look at them." it's more...this sim has such extreme features that I don't want them to have kids, because it will be really hard to find a sim with a neutral face to blend well with the features instead of making the combination worse.

I'm the number 1 member of the Goopy fan club. He's a legend! :lovestruc

There's no way I'd let him breed, though...
Inventor
#32 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 8:25 AM
I see that my Veronaville is under fire. Don't worry, I understand.

Part of what draws me into Veronaville is the appearances of the playables - they're not exactly EAxis typical and they actually share quite a few unique features between their family members, especially the Capps.

Goneril, Miranda, and Kent share the same mouth shape, while Miranda inherited her ear shape from Consort. Juliette and Hermia have distinct eyes and jaws and in Hermia's case, it makes it a bit difficult to find a style that suits her, yet they look alike enough that you can imagine them being born in-game siblings. It seems that Tybalt inherited Consort's cheeks, Ariel has the same nose Kent has, and Cordelia, Regan, and Kent share an uncommon face template (among playables, that is) yet still look unique and distinct from one another that it doesn't matter as much. Looking at the deceased ancestors shows unique facial sculpts and they passed down a few features to their descendants. The Capps have a theme of sharp features, especially their noses, jaws, and brows, and granted, they can be intimidating and/or horrifying.

Unfortunately, this trend of family resemblance doesn't carry over to most of the Montys and Summerdreams; in the latter's case, they all share the elf template, Puck is almost a direct gender-bent version of Titania, and Bottom and Oberon have nose shapes from other templates. It's somewhat understandable for the Summerdreams since the kids are adopted anyway, though they still all look somewhat similar; still, at least the elf template isn't common either. I suppose Romeo and Mercutio both have distinct noses even though they're not the same shape, Antonio and Patrizio look realistically related, and it could be argued that Beatrice resembles her Aunt Bianca more than her parents. In terms of unique features, there's also Benedick, and I like that Romeo, who is supposed to be the handsome Casanova, doesn't use a common face template.

I'm afraid I'll have to concede when it comes to Desdemona and Hal, however. I've mentioned that Goneril and Albany share the same face template and the ones they come shipped with wouldn't have produced the children they have in-game. I appreciate that Miranda does look unique and at least has Consort's ears and Goneril's mouth and at least Ariel shares Kent's nose shape and has distinctly sad-looking, puppy-dog shaped eyes. Perhaps it can be said that Desdemona and Hal are supposed to resemble Juliette instead and the lack of Face 2s among the playables here make them somewhat unique in this context. Still, I'll admit to changing Hal and Desdemona's faces to make them look more like their parents but softer versions considering that EAxis did make them with softer features anyway - at least they'll fit in and stand out at the same time.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:40 AM
Look, I am not saying Consort is hideous. But he is hideous.
Theorist
#34 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 10:57 AM
I haven't really played many of the hoods other than Pleasantview. Most times when I used to start I HAD to do some 'fixes' to some of the playables as well as the townies. Some of them made me wonder what in the heck was EAxis thinkin, and this was AFTER I put in default face replacements. But then, I can't say exactly when, but I found that I actually LIKED all of them in their own unique way. Now mind, I still have a hard time MAKIN a CAS sim that has drastic looks, but I am gettin better.

As for Goopy, he's one of my favorites, and yes he's been allowed to procreate :P

As it stands now the only reason I can see to put a sim on perm birth control would be their borked genetics where not fixed to cause issues with their offspring, but that is easily fixed in SimPe.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this beholder thinks that there are no ugly sims .. just unique ones.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 11:03 AM
Goopy GilsCarbo and Komei Tellerman are two reasons why I never want to replace Pleasantview with a clean template. They both look really cute in their own ways, and well... I wouldn't mind having a lantern-jawed fortune husband like Komei or a knowledge husband like that Secret Society young adult from Sim State.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 11:27 AM Last edited by Scathed : 1st Sep 2023 at 3:30 PM.
I never realized dear Komei was under so much fire... to me, the lantern jaw template is among the most aesthetically pleasing in the game

Do you ever hear a song so beautiful you want to financially support the artist, but you can't because the artist is a common wood pigeon?
Theorist
#37 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Goopy GilsCarbo and Komei Tellerman are two reasons why I never want to replace Pleasantview with a clean template. They both look really cute in their own ways, and well... I wouldn't mind having a lantern-jawed fortune husband like Komei or a knowledge husband like that Secret Society young adult from Sim State.

I actually quite like Komei. And Goopy's features aren't that unattractive, truth be told I kinda think he looks like Freddy Mercury. I just don't like the idea of a Sim called "Goopy" running around. In general I don't like that the developers used their own names for the Townies instead of using a list of the most common names or something.
Mad Poster
Theorist
#39 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I actually quite like Komei. And Goopy's features aren't that unattractive, truth be told I kinda think he looks like Freddy Mercury. I just don't like the idea of a Sim called "Goopy" running around. In general I don't like that the developers used their own names for the Townies instead of using a list of the most common names or something.

Think of it more as a nickname. I have family who've gone their entire life by their nickname. One cousin was given the nickname of Dinky when she was a child because she was so very tiny and petite (so I was told as she was a handful of years older than me.) When she passed last year she was a grandmother and I still called her Dinky. I have another cousin who actually wrote his nickname on his school papers and refused to change it when the teachers told he had to. He said his name was Bear and that was that. He's in his late 30's now and has a preteen son who he has called Cub since he was born. I have an 8 year old niece who my sister calls Moo or Moo Moo.
So for me that's how I tend to look at Goopy's name. Sometimes I'll change it, but most times now I just say it's a nick and give him a proper name in my head.
Theorist
#40 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Think of it more as a nickname. I have family who've gone their entire life by their nickname. One cousin was given the nickname of Dinky when she was a child because she was so very tiny and petite (so I was told as she was a handful of years older than me.) When she passed last year she was a grandmother and I still called her Dinky. I have another cousin who actually wrote his nickname on his school papers and refused to change it when the teachers told he had to. He said his name was Bear and that was that. He's in his late 30's now and has a preteen son who he has called Cub since he was born. I have an 8 year old niece who my sister calls Moo or Moo Moo.
So for me that's how I tend to look at Goopy's name. Sometimes I'll change it, but most times now I just say it's a nick and give him a proper name in my head.

I know it's a nickname but I still don't like it. One of the reasons I replaced the Pleasantview Townies/NPCs.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 4th Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have another cousin who actually wrote his nickname on his school papers and refused to change it when the teachers told he had to. He said his name was Bear and that was that.

It's infuriating that the teachers tried to make him change it. He was writing "Bear," not "dick face" or something inappropriate like that. I bet you anything they let guys named "Christoper" write "Chris" and guys named "William" write "Bill."
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 8:22 PM
All of Veronaville, especially Consort Capp
Mad Poster
#43 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:01 PM
It's infuriating that the teachers tried to make him change it. He was writing "Bear," not "dick face" or something inappropriate like that. I bet you anything they let guys named "Christoper" write "Chris" and guys named "William" write "Bill."

Well, probably not if it was official exams or something. My son has my ex's surname legally but he would prefer to use my husband's. He has to use the legal surname for all official documentation and that includes school.

It doesn't seem to have harmed Bear Grylls' career, though

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#44 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM
A surname is something different than a forename, though.

But also, I had a distant cousin name Jack Askew who insisted on writing his name "Jackass Q" on all his school assignments. I think his teachers all gave up pretty quickly and just went with it.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 12:14 AM
Yeah...I don't think the "disagree fairy" has anything to do with the disagrees in this thread. Just reading through the posts makes it very clear we don't all agree on who's "ugly."

Ouch for the OP. People went too harsh and brutal on the OP. I guess players take virtual sims too be "beautiful inside and out" and they take it seriously based on the negative reaction ratings from an awful word that goes by the name 'ugly'
Scholar
#46 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:07 AM
It's been said: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Oh well, I think it's true and by all means I do not think any of my pre made sims are "ugly". Some of them are less attractive, like Goneril Capp (her face) but I do find them all OK. The only thing I find annoying is that the game creator did throw in those very big mouths/lips. I have seen a lot of people in my days and I have nerver, ever seen anyone whit a mouth like (to make an example) Wanda Tinker (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Wanda_Tinker) and her husband. I had a couple adopt a child and he was very cute until he did become a teenager. But then BANG out of nowhere this very big mouth showed up and now he looks strange. If the game had been more cartoonish it would be OK but it's supposed to be sort of realistic so it annoys me. OK, if there is anyone out there whit a very big mouth, I'm sorry for writing this, as I did not want to hurt anyones feelings, but I have not been everywhere in the world. I'm just relating to what I have seen so far.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:49 AM
Most of you shy away from the word 'ugly'. Do not soften the blow, guys. That word does not bite. There is nothing wrong with thinking some Sims are ugly. If they were real, well, feelings should be considered before speaking our minds. But they are not, so... Consort, you poor frowning man, you would not know joy even if it walked up to you giggling and juggling.

We still can agree on one thing: no matter how ugly or good-looking, Nervous Subject deserves all the love in the world.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
We still can agree on one thing: no matter how ugly or good-looking, Nervous Subject deserves all the love in the world.

Yes, I suppose that is one thing we can agree on. Cute li'l woobie! :lovestruc
Scholar
#49 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:32 AM
Ever since I first went in to the Beaker's house, I've loved Nervous Subject. I won't go into my head-canon regarding him here, but to me he's definitely "the good guy in a rotten situation". Nuff said. :lovestruc

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:51 AM
He might be a good guy, but if you make him do nice things like hugging, he's a total knight in sour armor. I'd hit it though. And Komei Tellerman has made a good husband for Brandi Broke.
Page 2 of 7