Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:18 PM
Default My Megahood
I have a thread here already dedicated to my own creation, Pinedale, but I've recently been playing my Megahood much more and wanted to share the goings on with all of you. The 'hood consists of Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, Bluewater Village, Downtown, and Sim State University, and I'm currently playing days 13-15. I started this 'hood on my Laptop with very little cc, and eventually moved to playing it on my Desktop when it got a bit too laggy to play on the Laptop. I have always loved playing out the stories of the pre-made sims, and I find it interesting how different their stories can get in everyone's game.

I am planning on doing a few introductory posts about each part of the 'hood, showing an overview picture of them and a few small facts about the sims that live there, and then I'll do a longer bit of backstory for each family as I play their rounds, with (hopefully) plenty of pictures! I use a lot of random die rolls in my game play to make it more unexpected and interesting, and I really find it more enjoyable this way. I'm not currently using a random name generator in this 'hood though, just picking names that I like and that I think fit the families.

I'll start with Pleasantview, which is the main 'hood of this Megahood.

Hopefully you'll enjoy my take on EA's stories, and on the pre-made sims. Next up will be the overviews of the sub-hoods, starting with Bluewater Village.

Call me Hannah
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM
Bluewater Village

Strangetown

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:11 PM
Veronaville

Downtown

Sim State University

That's it for the overviews of the Megahood. Next up will be updates of actual game play as I play the households, starting with the Brokes. I'll try and remember to show their houses, as well as do some family pictures

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:02 AM
@HH22 I love how you are starting out.

Me I also have a Megahood now, with Strangetown being my Main, and I also have two more Universities that I have the premades all graduated from.

I am quite interested in following your play with your premades. I love to play all of the premades, I think it gives me a challenge in playing them sometimes.

Also What has happened to Lola, Chloe's Sister?

Oh and Kristen has passed in my game, but I renamed her Kristen Loste and married her off to AJ Loner and they had several kids, they did well.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:54 AM
I like your Megahood. You have a lot of Sims to play, and I'm looking forward to reading about them. Please do take house pictures along with the rest of your pictures. I like to see the lots as well as the Sims.

Veronaville is about to have quite a population explosion.

I haven't played many of the Sims that come with the hoods, but I did play the Newson family once. I like them a lot, but at times it was a real challenge. They wanted pets and couldn't afford any, so I built a pen and stuck all the stray skunks in it. I think there were five or six by the time everyone grew up and moved out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:35 AM
@lordtyger9 Don't worry about Lola, she just got married and lives with her husband now. She's alive and doing very well

@Cher64 My 'hoods are usually in a state of population explosion. My sims just can't seem to keep it in their pants xD

Here is the first update! It's from the Broke family. Brandi had her third baby, a girl named Ginny, and managed to get a job in Oceanology. She is now remarried, although it took her a while to choose who she wanted to settle down with. She thought about dating Darren Dreamer (but he married someone else rather quickly), Ryan Ryan (but they didn't have much chemistry), and she moved in her best townie friend Sinjin Couderc, but in the end she fell hard and fast for her friend, Jenna Gray. They started dating, and Jenna moved in at the end of last round. They got married on day 13, but I don't have any pictures unfortunately because I only decided to share my 'hood on the last day of their round. They're both now pregnant, and it will be exciting to see how many babies they each have. Of course Brandi already has her three children, Dustin, Beau, and Ginny, from her first marriage, although Dustin is currently at university. Time for some pictures!

That's about it for this household! Next up will be Mortimer Goth and his family, so expect to see Goth Manor (and a few toddlers).

Call me Hannah
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:32 PM
What if they both have twins?!?! That will really be a houseful.

I guess they were all being pretty quiet there in the bedroom. My Sims tend to hang out in the bathroom if they're not in common areas. I don't understand why.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:06 AM Last edited by HH22 : 16th Nov 2017 at 9:23 AM.
@Cher64 They might both have quads, at which point I'll exit the household without saving because that is too many babies...

Here's the next update, this time it's from the Goth family. More specifically it's the Goth family sans Cassandra, who will get her own update next time.
Mortimer married Dina Caliente in this 'hood, and they have three children together; Percival, Esther, and Benedict. At the start of the round Percy was a child, Esther was a toddler, and Benny was a baby, but now Percy and Esther are children and Benny is a toddler. I'll start with a family portrait from the beginning of the round so you can see the sims.

Alexander, Dina holding Benedict, Percival, and Mortimer holding Esther.

They still live in Goth Manor, I just changed the mausoleum in the back yard and added a bedroom in the loft.

There wasn't much going on apart from family stuff, school, and a few birthdays. I took quite a few pictures, and an updated portrait after Esther and Benny's birthdays. It was also a bit of a sad round, as Morty passed away the day after the kidlets grew up. Alex will go to college next round, Percy will become a teenager, and Benny will become a child. Onto the pictures (which refuse to play nice and want to be links not pictures).

And finally, the portrait taken after Esther and Benny aged up, and before Morty passed on.

Next time we'll be with Cassandra and her family.

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
@HH22 Good Update.

About the pictures being links and not displaying inline. Did you put the proper tags in manually? That is what I always do. I first put this tag: [img] the front tag in front of the link and then after the link I put this [/img] the closing tag after the link.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@HH22 Good Update.

About the pictures being links and not displaying inline. Did you put the proper tags in manually? That is what I always do. I first put this tag: [img] the front tag in front of the link and then after the link I put this [/img] the closing tag after the link.

I just double checked them and all of the tags are correct. Maybe I'll try re-doing them and see if it fixes them, otherwise they'll just have to stay that way. Thanks for the tips though

Call me Hannah
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:36 PM
It's probably because I knew he was going to die soon, but Morty looks kind of sad or bittersweet in that picture where he's snuggling the baby.

Benny's face while he's on the potty chair is hilarious.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:06 PM Last edited by HH22 : 18th Nov 2017 at 9:06 AM.
@Cher64 I can't help having favourite sims, and I find Benny the cutest of Morty and Dina's children. I agree that Morty looks a little sad holding Benny, and it's probably because he knew he wouldn't be around to see him grow up

I have another update! This time we'll be with Cassandra Goth and her family. She married Don Lothario, and because I hate (and am rubbish at) playing romance sims he has been faithful to her. They have three children, Wallace, Ramona, and Bernard, and Cassie wants another one. Hopefully she'll get pregnant next round, because they do make cute babies I took 3 family portraits this round, two before Bernie's birthday, and one afterwards. (Edit: Fixed the pictures )

Don, Ramona, Wallace, and Cassandra holding Bernard.

Cassie with Wally, Mona, and Don with Bernie.

Not a whole lot happened this round, so there aren't that many pictures. It was mostly just school, work, and teaching Bernie his toddler skills before his birthday.

Bernie proves he's cute even when he's crying.

Cassie helps him to take his first steps, and...

Don helps him to say his first words.

Wally and Mona bond in their matching pyjamas.

Then it's time for the main event, Bernie's birthday!

Here are the Goth family at the end of the round. Don and Cassie, and their children Wally, Mona, and Bernie. (Don is never smiling in these portraits, silly man )

Next up will be the Pleasant family!

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 2:09 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 16th Nov 2017 at 5:49 AM.
@HH22 Another good update.

Before you upload your pictures to modyourpanties you can resize them using several commonly available apps. I use a Mac and so I don't know what is available on PCs, but I am sure that there are apps available.

Otherwise just do like I do and put the tags before and after the graphic links by hand that is what I do. I do it all by hand manually. I post regularly and sometimes I have to fix something because of a typo, but other wise my posts come out fine.

btw I have Don Lothario being shared by Nina and Dina

I set up Casandra Goth with someone that likes Knowledge Sims, but I forget his name at the moment.

Edit: I think I might know what the problem is with the 3 problem links that are not displaying the images inline.

I was just checking the tags and links and I tried making the [img] tags upper case like [IMG]
and the matching [/img] tags upper case as well, but this had no effect.

Then I noticed that the links that don't display have Cassie&Bernie.jpg, Don&Bernie.jpg , and Wally&Mona.jpg in the link.

Try taking out the "&" and replacing with "and" or "-" or "_" or make them like "Cassie_and_Bernie.jpg" etc. , but avoiding the use of the "&" character and then see if the link will display inline like it should.

This is my best guess, because the tags are correct and I pretty much always use lower case in my posts and they work for me. Also I tested to be sure and changing your links to upper case does not work.

Theorist
#14 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:27 AM
@HH22
I don't know if this is the reason as why it should make a difference, but in lookin at your links the one thing I noticed that was different was that in the ones that showed all had capital IMG whereas the ones that were showing as link had lower case img.

You might see 'bout capitalizin the others to see if it makes them show ....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:21 AM
@lordtyger9 Thank you It was the & symbol that was doing it, and now that I've changed it they show up fine.
@CaliBrat Thank you as well, I always use the picture adding thing to put them in, but I had re-done the tags manually which is why they were lower case.

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HH22
@lordtyger9 Thank you It was the & symbol that was doing it, and now that I've changed it they show up fine.
@CaliBrat Thank you as well, I always use the picture adding thing to put them in, but I had re-done the tags manually which is why they were lower case.

@HH22
I previously discovered that that the ' character like in O'Donal does not work, and so now I will just add & as another character not to use., I checked the tags on your post and I know that case does not matter as I use lower case all the time and I do all of the tags by hand when I do my posts, so it had to be the & character. I like confirmation though.

Glad to have helped.

Check out my Aliens Everywhere Thread if you have not already done so, as I have a new update. Comments are always appreciated.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Cher64 : 17th Nov 2017 at 6:00 PM.
I have played a romance sim in my current game. I have to say, after having him cheat on his wife a few times, I haven't yet had the heart to fulfill his want to woohoo with 10 different sims.

Cassandra and Don do make cute babies, and the family photos are well done. I see that Bernie's bedroom is all set for another kid, should that happen.

I think maybe Don doesn't smile in his photos because he's not a completely happy man. He may love his family, but I'm sure he'd still like to be out there fulfilling some romance aspirations. Some people are never happy with what they have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:23 PM Last edited by HH22 : 18th Nov 2017 at 9:06 AM.
@Cher64 Maybe I'll try and fulfil some of his romance wants next round. I suck at it though because I always want my sims to have happy little families, and I don't like making them cheat on each other

Here's the Pleasant family update, well one branch of them at least. Mary-Sue and Daniel fixed their marriage and had another set of twins. This time they had two boys, named Scott and Elijah. Angela and Lilith just graduated from college and are living on their own, so they'll have their own updates later on. Herb and Coral were living in their own house, but Herb passed away last round, so Coral moved in with Mary-Sue and Daniel this round.

Coral, Mary-Sue and Daniel, Elijah in red, and Scott in blue.

The twins have always worn the same outfits in different colours; blue for Scott and red for Eli. They look very identical as well, but Scott has green eyes and Eli has grey eyes. They have subtle differences in their faces as well, but it's hard to see.

Mary-Sue had a day off on the first day of the round, while the boys and Daniel headed off to school and work.

She spent time bonding with her elderly mother; both still in their pyjamas.

When Daniel got home she slow danced with him. She got dressed at some point during the day.

Coral spent the rest of her day sewing quilts and teddy bears.

It was homework time for the boys when they got home from school. Scott still had yesterday's homework to do as well!

A burgler broke in while they were sleeping, and was arrested by the police. She tried to steal the flat screen tv, silly burgler.

Daniel woke up at 4am to eat leftovers. Everyone else was still sleeping.

Coral spent the day dancing while everyone else was out.

She and Daniel had a chat while waiting for Mary-Sue to get home from work.

The boys spent their time doing something much more fun than talking.

When she finally got home, it was time for Mary-Sue's birthday. Her smile looks a bit fixed, maybe she's worried about getting old?

She became a very stylish old lady (that's Angela in the green shorts).

The boys became best friends on the morning of their birthday.

Later on it was time for them to age up (with an appearance from Lilith).

Coral! No! Why do my sims always die at inappropriate moments?!

Scott (left) is a family sim, and Eli is a romance sim.

Well, here they are at the end of the round. Mary-Sue refused to look at the camera. Maybe she's worried about her wrinkles It'll be a while before the boys head off to college, and I hope both Daniel and Mary-Sue are still alive when they go. One of the boys will inherit the house, but I'm still not sure which.

Next up will be Angela!

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:19 PM
@HH22

Great update.

I used to just not play Romance Sims and Pleasure Sims and while I play a few Romance Sims now I still don't play any Pleasure Sims. I only play Romance Sims now because I started using LizzLove's No Jealousy Mod.

How do you determine what the Sim is going to be? I look at the Zodiak and their Parents Aspiration. In my game there are some Families with a tradition of being a certain type, like the Landgraab's being Fortune, or Jacquet being Romance. etc.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:09 PM
This was a nice update on the Pleasant family. I have to say, I'm with Coral and Mary-Sue -- I love a good pajama day!

Uh oh, I hope Scott got caught up on his homework. It's so easy to fall behind, and so hard to catch up.

Aw, why did Coral have to die on the twins' birthday?

Mary-Sue, I'll bet you still look fantastic! Go ahead and embrace your new age!

I'm also curious about how people determine the aspirations for their sims. Sometimes I have randomized it. In the current offspring project, I randomized a few for fun, but made most Family. Their kids were all Knowledge because it makes things so much easier while they're growing up. I'm not sure what I'm going to do in the game I'm setting up now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:25 AM
@lordtyger9 I'm trying to get better at playing romance sims, but I'm still no good at it

@Cher64 All the homework is done, and Mary-Sue still looks great My sims always die at the wrong time... Patrizio passed away on his grandson's birthday, Dora died just before Samantha gave birth, and Olive died on a birthday as well. Silly sims.

I like to randomise a lot of aspects about my game, so I roll a 6 sided die to determine what aspiration/secondary aspiration the sims get. It makes my game more interesting to me, and it forces me to use aspirations I usually wouldn't. My sims would all be family or knowledge sims otherwise!

Here's the next update. Angela Pleasant just graduated from college, where she got a degree in Philosophy. She is still dating Dustin Broke, but he's at college at the moment finishing his degree. He'll be moving in after he graduates, and they'll get married next round.

Angela wants to be a hard-hitting journalist, so she chose a new look to go with her serious goals. She's moved into the bungalow that used to belong to her grandparents, but she re-decorated of course; Herb and Coral had a bit of an old-fashioned style, and Angela is a modern woman.

The red brick exterior is super stylish, and Angela loves it.

It's a bit minimalist for now, and she still has her grandmother's old couches, but when she can afford it she'll have much nicer furniture.

The first thing she did was to invite Dustin over, and have a pillow fight... So mature.

Then it was time to make lunch for her neighbours. She chose Chinese dumpling soup, which is one of her favourites.

It's nice that her neighbours came to welcome her back to the neighbourhood. Castor Nova, Darren Dreamer, and Trisha Traveller all enjoyed her soup. Angela sure can cook well.

Later on, she and Dustin ignored the neighbours to have some more fun together. They had a bit too much fun, because Angela ended up pregnant.

In the morning she had to clean the dishes from last night.

It's Eggette waffles for breakfast, but Angela must have been distracted because she burned them. She ate them anyway.

After breakfast she managed to find a job in Journalism, and sent a few emails to her friends and family.

Hey, look! A baby bump!

Angela invited Dustin over to break the news, and made spaghetti for dinner. The conversation looks a little awkward...

Being pregnant sure is tiring.

Another baby bump!

Angela made a booty call to Dustin.

After some more fun, she kissed him goodbye and sent him back to his dorm.

Here she is at the end of her round. Cute, happy, pregnant lady She'll be getting married and having a baby next round, so she'll be much busier than this time! She didn't get a chance to go to work at all, because she had two days off and she got pregnant... I'm excited to meet her and Dustin's little one(s)

Coming up next is the Burb family, where there'll be at least one new addition :D

Call me Hannah
Link Ninja
#22 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:46 PM
I like your pics, especially your family pics - they are posed so cute and heart warming awww. :lovestruc Angela has cute maternity clothes too.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#23 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:22 PM
i love this,keep it going!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:21 PM
Angela looks ready to take on the world and report about it. Her new look is quite professional. Then she counteracted it with a pillow fight! Well, a girl still needs to have some fun.

It looks like Dustin is really focused on that spaghetti! You're still going to have to deal with that conversation, you know.

I've had sims go for several sim weeks without ever going to work (or losing their jobs) because of pregnancies. Angela looks happy about how her life is shaping up. I'm sure she'll do fine raising the baby AND delivering some hard-hitting news.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I like your pics, especially your family pics - they are posed so cute and heart warming awww. :lovestruc Angela has cute maternity clothes too.

@Charmful Thank you I enjoy posing family pictures, and I like to turn them into CC pictures to decorate the sim's houses with. Yes, her super serious journalist clothes just weren't that great for a growing belly, so she had to find a stretchier dress to wear.

Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i love this,keep it going!

@Emerald1234 Thank you I intend to keep it going for as long as I'm interested in the 'hood, and and long as it lasts without getting corrupted!

Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
Angela looks ready to take on the world and report about it. Her new look is quite professional. Then she counteracted it with a pillow fight! Well, a girl still needs to have some fun.

It looks like Dustin is really focused on that spaghetti! You're still going to have to deal with that conversation, you know.

I've had sims go for several sim weeks without ever going to work (or losing their jobs) because of pregnancies. Angela looks happy about how her life is shaping up. I'm sure she'll do fine raising the baby AND delivering some hard-hitting news.

@Cher64 She's using the skills in gossiping that she learned in high school, and is ready to take on the world of journalism! Dustin is probably just worried because he's still a junior in college He'll be a great father though. After all, he did help raise his siblings, Beau and Ginny! Quite a few of my sims miss a lot of work because of pregnancies, but at least they still get paid!

Call me Hannah

Page 1 of 3