Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:22 AM
@HH22
If you are going to play a Romance Sim it is a LOT easier if you use some kind of no or decreased jealousy MOD, me I use one by LizzLove, her No Jealousy Mod

Before I added the Mod, I didn't play them, because I think they are really hard to get their wants satisfied when they want to do a lot of woohooing with different sims and woohooing in public with different sims and making out with different sims.

I do want to point out that I did not add LizzLove's Mod in order to play Romance Sims, I added it so that the sisters Chloƫ and Lola {formerly Singles} who I had married to two brothers named surnamed Davis would stop getting jealous when one of them would get intimate with their sister's husband. So I added the No Jealousy Mod in order to make it easier to play communes and large family groups and other unconventional families like Chester Gieke and his two Family Oriented Wives who were also bisexual. Umm Just like the guy who created Wonder Woman with his wife and their mutual "good friend".

It was after I had added the No Jealousy Mod to better play Unconventional Families that I realized that I could now play Romance Sims a lot easier. So it was that I then started playing them. I still only have a few Romance Sims, most of my Sims are Popularity as a large number are Outgoing. I choose the Aspiration based on the Sign and the Personality most of the time.

My favourite aspiration is Popularity and then Knowledge or Fortune and then comes Romance or Family. I still don't play Pleasure.

I really loved the skirt on your Pregnant Sim, she looks really nice in it. I use Squinge's PregnancyWearAnyOutfitEP5&DressNaked, that I got from InSIMAdult and so I can have my pregnant sims wear their usual casual clothes, but still not all clothes come with a Preg. Morph unfortunately, so they don't always look that good.

An excellent Update, I look forward to more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:54 AM
@lordtyger9 I use ACR and I think you can change jealousy settings with that, so I'll have a play around with it and see how I feel. I'll have a look at the jealousy mod as well though, thanks I like to have my sims with all different aspirations, and I randomise them because otherwise I'd just choose the ones that I like. I'll just keep practising and eventually my romance sims will be happier with me

Here is the next update, and it's from the Burb family. John, Jennifer, and Lucy moved to Pleasantview after John was offered a teaching job at the local school. Jennifer managed to get a position at the hospital as a nurse, and Lucy was excited to move closer to her cousins. A few days after moving, Jennifer fell pregnant, and then gave birth to a boy who they named Vincent. John and Jennifer are advancing in their careers, and I'd only planned on them having two children, however at the end of the last round Jennifer got pregnant again. Lucy is a teenager currently, and Vincent is a child. I took a ton of pictures this round, so I'll put them under spoilers to save your computers

Here are the Burb family. John, Jennifer, Lucy, and Vincent.

That's it! Here's the updated portrait from the end of the round:

It's almost summer in the Burb house now. Lucy will be heading off to college next round, Vin will be a teenager, and baby Mia will have her first birthday.

Next time we'll be seeing the Dreamer family.

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 2:14 PM
@HH22 I don't use ACR, but yeah I think you can change jealousy settings with that.

I love your Burb Family, just awesome.

Good Update, and great pictures.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM
I'm going to have to randomize aspirations in my new game or I'll end up with all Knowledge and Family.

You can change jealousy settings with ACR. I haven't done it, but I can see there's a place where you can. I like that some of my sims are more jealous than others; it adds a little more individuality in my game.

I think I really like Vincent's personality. He's a busy, happy, loving kid. The picture of him jumping into the pool captures all that for me. Actually, the whole family seems very loving. The look in Mia's eyes while Lucy is force-feeding her is hilarious.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:33 PM
What lovely pictures @HH22 , I really love your style and the way you dress your sims and decorate the houses.

I really love what you did with that Pleasantview house that the Burbs are in- I never thought to extend it at the back. What a beautiful baby, John and Jennifer seem like happy sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:09 AM
Wonderful pictures HH22! I also love your Sims style and how you decorate the houses. I'm enjoying reading about your Sims I love playing pre-made Sims as well and seeing how they can have entirely different lives in others games!

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:23 PM
@lordtyger9 You can change jealousy settings in ACR, and I've been fiddling around with it in a different hood. It didn't seem to work for me then, but I'll keep trying it regardless The Burbs thank you for your comment

@Cher64 I love randomising aspirations, because it makes me play with different aspirations. Sometimes it's quite a shock to me which aspiration the sims get, but they usually end up fitting it in the long run Vincent is adorable, he's a fun ball of energy, and says thank you for your comments.

@simsample Thank you for your kind comments. I love the maxis-match style, and I'm really trying to get better at decorating houses to fit the style and likes of my sims. John and Jennifer are very happy sims, and thank you for the comment about their baby

@wickedjr89 Thank you I'm glad so many people are enjoying my take on the pre-made sims! There'll be another update in just a few minutes, so keep your eyes peeled

Sorry for the long absence in updates, I had a lack of motivation to play. I'm back now though!

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:58 PM
Time for the Dreamer household! While Darren had a crush on Cassandra Goth, all of his interest waned as soon as got married to Don. He soon found a new love in townie Christy, and they married not long afterwards. Dirk grew up well and went off to college, where he's currently a Junior (we'll be seeing him later on). Darren and Christy wasted no time in growing their family, and soon had triplets! When the triplets became children, Darren and Christy had another baby.

Here they are! Darren and Christy Dreamer, with the triplets Ezra, Briar-Rose, and Iris, and little monster Silas.

The triplets are quite good friends, and are always playing games with each other.

Uh, Christy? Are you alright? Was it something you ate?

Silas loves the xylophone. He got stuck with the sleepy /z/s over his head for a day...

There's always a lot of family bonding going on in this house.

Time to learn to poop in the potty, little monster!

Welcome home from work, honey!

Night night sleepy boy.

Good morning screaming boy.

Hey Darren. Are you ready for work?

Spring is here! Siblings bonding time in the back yard.

C'mon little monster, walk to mummy! I guess it wasn't something she ate, huh. Another baby is on the way for the Dreamers!

Nap time for little monsters.

Welcome home, dad!

Christy is a great mum.

Romantic breakfast together. The triplets are at school, and Darren has a day off of work.

Silas is upstairs making a mess... Silly little monster.

They're excited about the new arrival!

Guess what time it is!

It's little monster's birthday!

That's it for this round. Darren and Christy will welcome their fifth baby next round, and Darren will become an old man. Ezra, Briar-Rose, and Iris will become teenagers, and Silas is just cute. I'll miss his little monster suit though

Next up will be the Traveller family!

Call me Hannah
Scholar
#34 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:30 PM
the toddler was so cute,imagine if you have triplets again? lol

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:30 PM
Aww, adorable pictures! Ezra went from cute tot, to cute child Very cute family.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#36 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:31 PM
Great pictures. Triplets! And she still wants more kids; brave Christy! The Dreamers are a nice looking family, and seem to enjoy each other a lot.
Theorist
#37 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:06 PM
@HH22 I just wanted to let you know that HL did 1 tile desks of most of the ones in game. They're very much a space saver http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=370799

They work just fine w/ MH desk locator which I see you use :P. Also, I wasn't sure if you knew that if you wanted to stay a slot on the full desk as well as use the locator it's doable. Place an item on the desk and then the locator and it will move to the left corner so then you can remove or add anything to the now open slot. The locator works fine w/ the 1 tiles desk, but you don't get that extra slot, the back corner is still available for the locator though.
Theorist
#38 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:28 PM
@HH22 ...
I was wonderin what pose boxes you use? I liked how you have lots of family poses w/ the parents holdin the kids. I'd like to be able to take some pics fam pics like that so was curious as where to get the poses boxes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@HH22 ...
I was wonderin what pose boxes you use? I liked how you have lots of family poses w/ the parents holdin the kids. I'd like to be able to take some pics fam pics like that so was curious as where to get the poses boxes.

I mostly find them from here or here. I usually find a few different poses that I like from different poseboxes and put them together.

The parents holding kids poseboxes that I use the most are:
- Toddler posebox by DeeDeeSims
- Little Angel posebox by Klira
- Hi Baby! posebox by Klira
- Daddy's Little Monstr posebox by Klira

I hope you find some poses that you like

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:48 AM
Finally, another update! This time we're with the Traveller family, who moved to Pleasantview to settle down after travelling for most of Tina's childhood. They live in the house opposite the Pleasants, with the really tall chimney. They wasted no time in trying for a second baby, and welcomed a son named Toby. Tina grew into a teenager, and Toby grew to a toddler. The family then welcomed a second son, named Troy. Toby became a child, Troy became a toddler, and Tina had her first kiss (autonomously) with Tessa Ramirez! Trisha works in the culinary career, and Trent in the criminal career. Tina has a part time job in journalism, and is going steady with Tessa.

Here are the Travellers. Tina, Trent, Trisha, Troy, and Toby. (Can you tell when I started playing this round?)

I mainly just took a lot of random pictures this time, so they're not really in any order. It was the weekend this round, and then Monday, so the family really just hung out at home and did their hobbies.

Glow in the dark toddler.

Toby watching telly.

Tina just resting on the upstairs couch.

Greeting her girlfriend.

They fell in love!

Snuggles with the radioactive baby.

This dinner looks a bit awkward...

Tina and Toby have a good relationship with each other, and they're always on the piano.

Troy's child birthday is a little bittersweet for Trisha.

Brotherly bonding in pyjamas.

While everyone else is at school and work, Trisha spends some time practising chess.

School is over for the day.

Time for homework!

She hasn't finished her homework, but Tina has to go to work.

The boys have homework as well, but at least they can do it together.

That's the end of the update! Here's the end of the round portrait, with a newly aged up Troy. Toby will be a teenager next round, so it'll be interesting to see what he looks like all grown up.

Next up will be the Roseland family

Call me Hannah
Scholar
#41 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:57 PM
i love it roseland family? who did cyd marry or who did he have kids with?.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:02 PM
I love the Traveler Family. Though in my game I had them change their name to MacLane.

One of my ancestors was a Traveling Irish family heh. Oh and my MacLanes get involved with the Aliens.

I like your pictures they are quite good. Started playing around Xmas it looks like to me.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Cher64 : 17th Jan 2018 at 4:48 PM. Reason: Punctuation
The Travelers look like a happy family. I like their holiday clothing. The Travelers are one of the few Maxis families I've ever played, and I liked them a lot.

Those are some moves Toby has while Tina is playing the piano. I love when siblings have a good relationship.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 6:56 PM
...I'm like... damn i love those clothes

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:08 AM
@Emerald1234 Thank you Well the update is here, so you can find out!
@lordtger9 Thanks I like them too, I think Tina is very pretty. Yep, just before Christmas was when I started the update, but it took me a while to get back into playing them.
@Cher64 Thank you The Travellers are very happy, and they all have good relationships with each other. I like to make siblings friends, but of course there are some that just don't get along.
@OnayaW Thanks I love dressing my sims in cute clothes :D

Here's the next update, the Roseland family! For those wondering who Cyd is married to, it's Lola Curious! They met during the first few days of the megahood, and they have great chemistry. They got married, had a baby girl, Kailyn, and then had twins, Levi & Janae. The twins were born on the last day of the last round, just after 6pm, so they still have a few days of babyhood before them. Porthos is still with the family, he's a wonderful dog.

Here are the Roselands! Cyd is holding the twins, Levi in the white and Janae in the red, and Lola is holding Kailyn. They're such a cute family.

Cyd woke up early on Saturday morning to paint. He's pretty good.

Lola started the morning with a snuggle from her oldest baby.

She looked after the babies too. Lola is a great mum.

That evening was Kailyn's birthday.

She's going to be such a cute child.

She went straight to bed. Growing up is exhausting

Good morning Porthos!

Good morning Roseland boys!

Leftover meatballs are tasty.

Cyd and Lola are teaching Kailyn what it's like to be in love. She doesn't look entirely convinced.

Dog/child bonding.

The twins had their birthday on Sunday.

Kailyn read the newspaper.

She went to her first day of school.

Kailyn and Porthos are TV buddies.

Sisters playing dolls together before bed.

Lola and Kailyn danced together until bed time.

That's the end! Here's their new family portrait. Lola and Cyd in the back, Kailyn, Levi, and Janae in the front.

Next up will be the Ryan household, one of my CAS sims.

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:28 AM
Oh I really love Lola! She is one of my most favourite Sims. I love the hair style you have for Lola, she looks really great in that hair style I think.

Cyd is looking really good, I like Cyd. In my game I have him married to a different Alien girl. I think he likes Aliens. LOL

I love the Roseland children, they look great and growing up well it looks like.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 3:25 PM
The Roseland kids are adorable. You got some great pictures of the kids playing and interacting with Porthos.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:02 AM
I wanted to compliment your ability to piece together nice looking outfits for your sims, as well as your ability to combine poses into lovely looking pictures. I've been keeping tabs on your Hood's progress for a short while through your thread here as well as the picture threads over on the main discussion forum, and I always find it a pleasure to see a photo of yours.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:08 AM
//All those pretty clothes

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:09 PM
@lordtyger9 Thank you I like Lola as well, she's very pretty! How funny that Cyd also married an alien in your game. I think he must have a thing for aliens The Roseland kids are doing very well, and are a lovely mix of their parents.

@Cher64 Thanks The Roseland kids are pretty cute, but I can't take much credit for their DNA I always forget to adopt pets, but it's so cute to see the kids interacting with them. Porthos is getting old now, but he still loves Cyd and his family.

@bbostic8 Thank you! I'm not very fashionable irl, so it's great to hear that I'm doing my lovely sims justice! I enjoy posing family pictures, and it's fun to see how they change, even in just 3 days I've been reading your thread, and it's cool seeing how different the premade sims lives are.

@OnayaW Thanks :D

~~~~~~

Here's the next update; the Ryan family!

Some of you are probably familiar with Ryan Ryan from my Pinedale thread, but he's a bit different here. He looks much more like he did the first time he was created, and is more true to his intended personality. Ryan is a huge science nerd, loves space and stars, believes very firmly in aliens, and wants to be a doctor. He has currently been abducted once, and has a baby alien to prove it. He's working his way up the medicine career, and he has an awesome moustache.

Ryan and his alien daughter, Alura. Ryan loves his daughter, and Alura is just as smitten with her papa. They're so adorable.

That's it for this time! Next up will be Martin Ruben's family. Spoiler: A baby will be born.

Call me Hannah

Page 2 of 3