Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 12:02 AM
I find myself rarely using any of the non-BG traits. And even then, only a few of them. In fact, there's a very short list of traits I'll have used more than once.
Friendly, flirty, hopeless romantic, computer whiz, ambitious, athletic, workaholic, genius, and probably one or two more at most.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Vehicle Enthusiast. Hydrophobic. No Sense of Humor. Grumpy.
The last three I have had occur through randomized traits in my families and I hated them. Hydrophobic makes them complain about showering, No Sense of Humor is weird to me because it seems... weird to just not have one... and Grumpy just has this stupid, high chance of waking up with a bad moodlet.

I knew a girl who turned me down for a date because I drove a VW Bus. She was going out with a guy with an MG, and said that was as low as she would go. I had no idea there were people who were "vehicle enthusiast". I traded the VW Bus to these Libyan fellows from some plutonium. Ha! Now I got a Delorean!

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#53 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:41 PM
I want a man who drives a VW Bus
Field Researcher
#54 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:04 PM
Vehicle enthusiast, vegetarian. Imo those traits don't add anything new.
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM
vechile enthusiast is the definite useless one apart from the fact it makes your sims besties with bloody cars...why?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#56 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 7:39 PM
I have one vegetarian Sim and I keep forgetting about it - until she's hanging over a toilet puking her guts out...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 7th Jan 2018 at 12:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
vechile enthusiast is the definite useless one apart from the fact it makes your sims besties with bloody cars...why?

It goes with Social Butterfly & Snob. You can make some fairly "shallow" personalities.
More bad traits would be nice.
I like to make sims who have bad traits... then introduce them to my cow plant.

Sims are better than us.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#59 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:28 AM
Social Butterfly, urgh, one of the most annoying traits in the whole game. Combine it with Diva, No Sense Of Humor, Snob and Supernatural Sceptic and you'll have created the perfectly self-obsessed and interfering arsehole.
Supernatural Sceptic, btw, must have the highest number of new social interactions among all traits and nearly all of them produce a negative reaction.

I do play a lot of snobs though. They're very easy to please actually and can spend hours in front of a mirror admiring themselves, which is, admittedly, less stupid than what other traits do when on full autonomy.

In have an instance of the same Sim in nearly all of my games, Matilda. She is proper, evil, a snob, irresistible and with no sense of humor and hilarious to watch as an inactive. Depending on the neighbourhood she's enemies with half the town within a few days. Good replacement traits for her are also diva for snob and mean-spirited for evil.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:56 AM
I had a Sim with the Diva trait once....until she started singing randomly. If she weren't my main Sim, I'd have killed her then and there. But then again, this was when Showtime was still the newest expansion, when I was switching between the "same" Sims in about half a dozen saves every month, and when Amber wore skirts for some reason. Not a great combination anyway, Amber and skirts. Or dresses. Or heels. Or the colour pink. Or anything of the sort. And yes, I know not every lesbian is Lea DeLaria but I sure don't know any who don't hate girly shit like that.

Also, while I regret to say that Showtime is by no means my least favourite expansion, I did get rid of the Beverly Hills glamour theme rather quickly. They can keep their Keeping Up With the Cardassians bullshit.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#61 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:27 AM
Non-committal, unflirty, foodie, slob...

Evidently, I used like a few that involve my target Sim's likeness.

With Cats and Dogs, I usually use relevant traits when making cats based on ones my mother had over the years.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#62 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Social Butterfly, urgh, one of the most annoying traits in the whole game.

I've tried it out. Didn't seem that big of a trait to observe... not even the It's Like I'm Invisible bad moodlet is that big of a deal. Though the idea of them wanting to be the center of attention seems more like something I'd expect from a Diva.

I rarely use Supernatural Skeptic or Supernatural Fan anymore. The latter is annoying because I had a teen with that trait and, on full moon nights, they'd get up every few hours from sleep to freak out. Sims 3 needs to add sleeping pills... And the former is just... weird to have on a supernatural sim or when related to one. Though this reminds me how my Sim got shocked when her daughter turned into a werewolf. You know her! You gave birth to her; why are you shocked?
Alchemist
#63 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:07 PM
@Don Babilon

First and last time I used Social Butterfly, it was on a sim I wanted to explore the Social Networking skill on. It's not bad, and the skill is easier to work with than I thought; getting a blog to five stars is easy after you figure out you just need to post what random text is generated, and you get more followers if you post when the sim has the "Gotta Blog About..." moodlet.

A sim I briefly played was a Supernatural Skeptic, and definitely more annoying than the Mean-Spirited ones. I remember scrolling past alll the interactions that would result in a negative outcome, and barely finding any good ones. Still haven't found a point for this trait and the Supernatural Fan one, they don't offer much in terms of new effects on gameplay.

-------

I think I use Never Nude the least, probably followed by Dislikes Children - not because I dislike it, but because I forget it exists

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:12 PM
Social Butterfly, urgh, one of the most annoying traits in the whole game. Combine it with Diva, No Sense Of Humor, Snob and Supernatural Sceptic and you'll have created the perfectly self-obsessed and interfering arsehole.

And now I have to create this exact sim to let her rile up my town

There are not many traits I never use, they are all useful eventually to tell a story or create a specific character. However, I have never used vehicle enthusiast- I guess I never wanted to tell the story about a guy who falls in love with his Mercedes. But now that I mentioned it, I might try it out just to see how that goes. :D
#65 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:22 PM
The annoying thing about Social Butterfly is the whole concept of this trait. They are extremely needy when it comes to attention, their social motive decays faster and so they try to barge into every conversation that is near (hm, come to think of it isn't that a major feature for all Sims in Sims 4?); and once they get the attention they cheer themselves - Every. Single. Time
It's also a flawed trait in a way because the only attention that counts is direct conversation - even mean ones will cheer them up. My only Sim with that trait was also a performer and ended each performance on stage with the "It's like I'm Invisible" moodlet. Idiot. Deleted the Sim and the save and never used it for my actives again and only for inactives that were destined to be a walking PITA.

I'm not really sure, though, whether there is some synergy between the social networking skill and the social butterfly trait, considering that they are from different EPs.

But speaking of hardly used traits - the ones I have never used yet are Never Nude and Can't Stand Art, not even for those Sims I created as inactive townies, so I don't even know whether they have some hidden perks or not.
The ones I use very rarely are Absent-minded, Born Salesperson, Photographer's Eye, Vehicle Enthusiast, Bot Fan and Technophobe. Diva and Social Butterfly I pretend do not exist...
Traits for which I still don't understand what they actually do are Dramatic and Nurturing, and Gatherer is apparently broken.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:33 PM
I like it. It's a realistic trait. I like realistic Sims. I'm pretty sure half my Sim population has it.
I'm pretty sure I haven't even noticed the annoying side effects yet because everyone else are my Sims' bitches. They exist only to appease whoever I'm playing with. If they refuse to play along nicely, I banish them to the void.

....I just realized something.
I'm Q.
I'm that omnipotent, asshole creature from Star Trek. I love Q. He's such an asshole!
I'm the omnipotent god-like asshole of the Sim universe!

^^ That's me. I fuck with people for fun. And by "people", I mean Sims, but occasionally also real people. I can't make matter appear or disappear, though. Not in real life, anyway.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#67 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
The ones I use very rarely are Absent-minded, Born Salesperson, Photographer's Eye, Vehicle Enthusiast, Bot Fan and Technophobe. Diva and Social Butterfly I pretend do not exist...

At first I thought you were joking, because I couldn't even remember these were in the game, lol. I do remember changing Vehicle Enthusiast every time I see a sim with it, because it's a useless trait from my point of view. As for Photographer's Eye, it's too bad the Photography skill is still broken, otherwise I'd use it more. Born Salesperson...yeah, no clue what that does. Smaller consignment fees?

Technophobes are best paired with sims you want to excel in Handiness; the technophobe will spend roughly 75% of their day sabotaging electronics, and I guarantee the other sim will master Handiness in 2 days tops :P

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#68 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
At first I thought you were joking, because I couldn't even remember these were in the game, lol. I do remember changing Vehicle Enthusiast every time I see a sim with it, because it's a useless trait from my point of view. As for Photographer's Eye, it's too bad the Photography skill is still broken, otherwise I'd use it more. Born Salesperson...yeah, no clue what that does. Smaller consignment fees?

That, and it makes it easier to gain a reputation at the store. And you sell things for a bit more. I never really noticed the difference between a Born Salessim and a non-Born Salessim.

I rarely use Light Sleeper. I don't want to look up from my book (I tend to read during times when sims sleep) and see that the Sim has been standing somewhere for hours because some minor thing woke them up from their sleep. (I have autonomy disabled for the selected sim)
#69 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:23 AM
At first I thought you were joking, because I couldn't even remember these were in the game, lol. (...)
Same here. I simply looked up all the traits at sims.wikia.com.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 11:55 AM
Vehicle Enthusiast is also the only trait to be introduced with a Stuff Pack, right?
I remember Full Fart Stuff coming out, not getting the whole Stuff Pack deal, and wondering why the hell there wasn't a new world with race tracks in it.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#71 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:07 PM Last edited by igazor : 8th Jan 2018 at 12:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Vehicle Enthusiast is also the only trait to be introduced with a Stuff Pack, right?

Kind of. The trait is Base Game, but it was included in the patch that was released alongside of the Stuff Pack. Not in the pack itself, so the SP is not required to enjoy or be aggravated by it, as the case may be.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:26 PM
I'm counting that.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:17 PM
I had played with Technophobe sim, and oh boy wasn't she fun to play with. I liked sending her to somebody's house and sabotage their televisions and computers. Vandalizing property is fun.

Technophobes are best paired with sims you want to excel in Handiness; the technophobe will spend roughly 75% of their day sabotaging electronics, and I guarantee the other sim will master Handiness in 2 days tops :P

That's kind of genius strategy.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:19 PM
* deleted ; combined with prior comment *
Mad Poster
#75 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukas11xxf
I had played with Technophobe sim, and oh boy wasn't she fun to play with. I liked sending her to somebody's house and sabotage their televisions and computers. Vandalizing property is fun.

Thanks for reminding me why I should build more detention centres. It only makes sense that if a select portion of the Sim population can live in the greatest luxury known to man, another portion of Simkind should live a hard and unfair life full of despair and exploitation. I'm responsible for the former, so I'm perfectly qualified to take care of the latter as well.

Now what I'm thinking is that I should be tough on crime, but of course, only if Someone Else™ does it. The big joke is that the lucky few are the real criminals. But it's okay because I like them. I don't like the nobodies who get in their way. And, being an omnipotent asshole being, their deaths are my will and my plan. So obviously, it's the right way. And anyone who disagrees, well...

So, technophobia...not happenin' unless Plum wills it.

insert signature here
Page 3 of 4