Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:53 PM
Default Sims 4 debugging?
Hi there!

Is it possible to do live debugging?
Like change code and see results instantly by reloading a mod perhaps?

Tnx!
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:42 PM
There's no real way to do "live" debugging, like interactive, but you can do some in-game debugging. Mostly you can use the inspect module on the Python objects and look to see what variables are set to. You can use the injector to tack on to a Python method in the game to log various values from within.

You may find D3OI and the Inspector to be useful tools for making this kind of thing easier.

I'm working on a new project called SLOB (Sims Live Object Browser) which will also help a lot if I ever finish it (still a long way from complete I think).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
There's no real way to do "live" debugging, like interactive, but you can do some in-game debugging. Mostly you can use the inspect module on the Python objects and look to see what variables are set to. You can use the injector to tack on to a Python method in the game to log various values from within.

You may find D3OI and the Inspector to be useful tools for making this kind of thing easier.

I'm working on a new project called SLOB (Sims Live Object Browser) which will also help a lot if I ever finish it (still a long way from complete I think).

Cool, these tools will surely help me when I get more experienced
Are you somewhere else active? Like on Discord or something?
Deceased
#4 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananensap
Cool, these tools will surely help me when I get more experienced
Are you somewhere else active? Like on Discord or something?

I'm occasionally on Deaderpool's Discord channel. I check in here more frequently, though.