Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:51 PM
Well the only sad part is that she doesn't take the rest of them with her.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
That may or may not be her, because we do have some community trolls here and there that would love to get a piece of the action by stirring the pot.

Very true, but the fact that so many people seem to think it is Drake because of her (very real) previous antics is rather telling.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#28 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Very true, but the fact that so many people seem to think it is Drake because of her (very real) previous antics is rather telling.

Well that and whoever it was deleted their comments. A bit strange that the Disqus account was created the same day as the article and the user's commenting history was private. It kind of makes you wonder. A couple of people actually called her out on it on Twitter, and she told one of them she didn't know what they were talking about, because she doesn't have anything to do with SimsVIP. It made me laugh so hard. So much drama, even as she's going out the door.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:53 PM
Well, this won't affect the game in any way so I can't be too excited. But maybe now we'll get a more professional guru in charge of managing the forum...which almost seemed like her only job...

Honestly, the only thing that could make this bad news is if they have Grant replace her.

Side note, is it true she started talking shit on SimsVIP with a mole account? All the comments got deleted. Did anyone take screenshots?

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:20 PM
I thought the gurus were apart of the development team?
A forum manager wasn’t causing all that drama, was it?

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:28 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 25th Feb 2018 at 11:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I thought the gurus were apart of the development team?
A forum manager wasn’t causing all that drama, was it?

They've pretty much given the guru title to anyone who works for EAxis. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy delivering their mail has a guru title. Drake had absolutely nothing to do with the game's development. She's just the community manager....and she's not even a very good one. With all the bad PR she's made over the years, I'm surprised she's just now leaving.

I'd love to see her resume because if she's got any kind of degree in marketing or public relations, she's seriously making whatever University she graduated from look bad. She does and says things to customers that they teach you not to even do at freakin' Walmart.

Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
There's a good bit on this in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=606959 .

Thank you. After reading it, it's a yikes from me.
I wish her the best in moving forward, but I hope EAxis takes the initiative to hire somebody who has the skill to deal with company criticism. What we have to say is valid and shouldn't be met with hostility and anger from the company.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:13 PM
I see all the comments possibly/probably from her are gone at Sims VIP. Someone there took screenshots. Also her resume is/was posted on the internet at least as of a year or so ago. Let me look for curiosity to see if still there.

Yes, google and you will find it. It is on LinkedIn, page down.
Scholar
#34 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:42 AM
My American online friends taught me a special phrase for an occasion like this :

Bye, Felicia.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:02 AM
What’s with the Felicia comments?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:51 PM
Good riddance!

She is incredibly biased, and petty when things don’t go according to her plans. She was absolutely terrible at managing the community, and used free game codes as leverage with content creators (youtubers) for positive coverage. Even some of the highest profile Sims youtubers have became critical of Sims 4 recently, which just goes to show how her almost bribery approach has been a complete and utter failure in the long run.

I’m surprised EA waited this long to can her, but seeing how she was able to survive for years while constantly causing problems there must be other people employed at Maxis who approve of her behavior.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#37 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM
Well at least she doesn't give them out to girls based on melon size, like one of the simgurus used to.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
What's with the Felicia comments?

Felicia is a character from the popular 90's American film Friday. From memory, Felicia is drug addict who's constantly asking for favors or handouts, and involves herself with matters that do not involve her. Earlier in the film, she even asks to borrow a VCR from the film's lead character, Craig, to record a film that aired on television, although the two aren't friends at all. The line is quoted from Craig later in the film, which he says to get her to go away after begging once again - "Bye, Felicia," without even looking at her directly.

Bye, Felicia, after finding its way into pop culture, is used in similar fashion. If someone's acting out or you're no longer fond of their behavior and you wish to dismiss them - "Bye, Felicia."

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#39 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 26th Feb 2018 at 8:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
They've pretty much given the guru title to anyone who works for EAxis. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy delivering their mail has a guru title. Drake had absolutely nothing to do with the game's development. She's just the community manager....and she's not even a very good one. With all the bad PR she's made over the years, I'm surprised she's just now leaving.

I'd love to see her resume because if she's got any kind of degree in marketing or public relations, she's seriously making whatever University she graduated from look bad. She does and says things to customers that they teach you not to even do at freakin' Walmart.

They really let her run off at the mouth the whole time , like she's never interacted with humans in her life.
And this was her only job? I'm shook.

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#40 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well at least she doesn't give them out to girls based on melon size, like one of the simgurus used to.

....Oh my God....I vaguely remember that but can't recall the details. Can someone give me a reminder please!? I need the laugh!

Mad Poster
#41 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM
I keep trying to remember the name she called Simmers in her toddler rants. Maybe it is just as well that I do not remember. LOL
Theorist
#42 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:39 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 27th Feb 2018 at 3:00 PM.
How about this: We just load all those "gurus" (even typing the name hurts) onto a truck, drive them out into the California desert and leave them there with some boxes of doughnuts. There they can run and play and give each other hugs or whatever bullpoop they do. This way they don't have to deal with our "nasty ebil" complaints anymore and we might get a decent game again with a new development team.

Win-win!

Sorry, but that's the image they cultivate in the face of the public, with their streams, their messages, their comments, their patch notes etc. etc. etc.

....Oh my God....I vaguely remember that but can't recall the details. Can someone give me a reminder please!? I need the laugh!

iirc it was when they had this weird policy that the CAS demo would be given out to people at random. This one person who worked at EA chatted up a woman and offered her the CAS demo code in order to pick her up. He claimed it was for advertising purposes, even after she told him that she had nothing at all to do with the SIms community. She later made a youtube video about the incident.

Why they didn't just let everybody download the CAS demo to start with, like Maxis had done with the Bodyshop demo, is anybody's guess.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#43 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

Never liked melons much, too sweet ... watermelons on the other hand, I do like.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
iirc it was when they had this weird policy that the CAS demo would be given out to people at random. This one person who worked at EA chatted up a woman and offered her the CAS demo code in order to pick her up. He claimed it was for advertising purposes, even after she told him that she had nothing at all to do with the SIms community. She later made a youtube video about the incident.

Why they didn't just let everybody download the CAS demo to start with, like Maxis had done with the Bodyshop demon, is anybody's guess.

Oh my God, now I remember! That seems so long ago. I even forgot how the CAS demo was originally just handed out to people at random for....some reason they never explained...

Inventor
#45 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 9:38 AM
Oh my God, now I remember! That seems so long ago. I even forgot how the CAS demo was originally just handed out to people at random for....some reason they never explained...

Its easier to control feedback if you only hand it out to a select amount of people. Its easier to combat negative feedback and shine onto the good feedback.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
How about this: We just load all those "gurus" (even typing the name hurts) onto a truck, drive them out into the California desert and leave them there with some boxes of doughnuts. There they can run and play and give each other hugs or whatever bullpoop they do. This way they don't have to deal with our "nasty ebil" complaints anymore and we might get a decent game again with a new development team.

Win-win!

Idea for a "new" development team: find 140 people who created the Sims 2, find Will Wright, convince them to return and show everyone who are real masters!

Only the team will not be new, but old.
Scholar
#48 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
I still don't get what she did that got her fired.

From what she wrote in her official forum post, I got the impression she made the decision on her own, and wasn't fired. But who knows, it was kinda vague.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#49 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
From what she wrote in her official forum post, I got the impression she made the decision on her own, and wasn't fired. But who knows, it was kinda vague.

The way I read she is going somewhere else in EA. They move people around alot in those companies. She is probable move to another position in the company.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:43 AM
Hopefully a position that suits her better. Like when they moved Rachel to the mobile games. Just from checking out her LinkedIn page, Drake's a woman of many talents. Public Relations just isn't one of them.

Page 2 of 4