Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Witches (Update 16/11/23)

by PuddingFace Posted 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:52 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2024 at 10:32 PM by PuddingFace : Update

416 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 338 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 17
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:28 AM
Awesome. Always nice to see children be able to do more things. Next up - riding?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:36 AM Last edited by apple7967 : 4th Mar 2018 at 4:51 PM.
Thank you so much!! I've been waiting for this mod so long~~~Thank you for your hard work !
It works fine with my game~~
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:46 PM
Omigod thank you so much. It was so silly to me that EA didn't implement this in the first place.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:44 PM.
Thanks! Another red letter day in simming history. Well done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:15 PM Last edited by kociara81 : 4th Mar 2018 at 12:23 PM.
I love this mod. Great job,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:28 PM
Oh Please Do New Spells <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:10 PM
wow your timing for uploading this mod is extremely fortunate, was just planning on playing a HP-themed family thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:59 PM
THAnK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS MOD! I've been stalking they downloads for SIms 3 and your thread for awhile now XD. You have done wonderful work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:20 PM
Finally a new witch mod! (I love me some witch mods.) Can't wait to see what kind of new spells you'll add. Favourited!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:54 PM
I don't know if this is actually doable, but it would be awesome to see a more interactive version of duels, like in sims makin' magic
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:32 PM
Nifty!
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:50 PM Last edited by May_33 : 4th Mar 2018 at 12:13 PM.
This is a real dream come true for my child sims, but I have an override for stopping the autonomous love charm which was destabilising my whole town and it edits the "CastLoveCharm_CastSpel XML." which is listed as a conflict in your description. This is such a shame because I love the idea of this mod, but I can't play the town without the conflicting one. My pipe dream is to have both, and that sometime somewhere you wouldn't have to edit the love charm spell. *bats eyelashes*

Edit: This mod also stops the autonomous love charm for all sims so I'm gonna go delete that one and get this one instead. Day Made.

Extra Edit: I tried it and it works! (Game version 1.69) The only thing is that the children don't say anything when they cast spells, but I'm overjoyed by the actual casting that I don't really mind. Great mod. Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
I don't know if this is actually doable, but it would be awesome to see a more interactive version of duels, like in sims makin' magic

I've been thinking about it too but I think it's a bit above my skill level right now. I was thinking something like Pokemon.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by May_33
This is a real dream come true for my child sims, but I have an override for stopping the autonomous love charm which was destabilising my whole town and it edits the "CastLoveCharm_CastSpel XML." which is listed as a conflict in your description. This is such a shame because I love the idea of this mod, but I can't play the town without the conflicting one. My pipe dream is to have both, and that sometime somewhere you wouldn't have to edit the love charm spell. *bats eyelashes*

In my mod love charms are not autonomous my mod has that feature too
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
In my mod love charms are not autonomous my mod has that feature too

I think I may love you. Does it make it not autonomous for all sims not just children??
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:23 PM
I think I may love you. Does it make it not autonomous for all sims not just children??

Yes all Sims
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Yes all Sims

:lovestruc

Wow that changes things, okay thanks so much!!! merci beaucoup!
Scholar
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:45 PM
I forgot to say: Mildred Hubble thanks you too

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:55 PM
Congrats! So glad to see your persistence pay off.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:01 PM
:lovestruc

Wow that changes things, okay thanks so much!!! merci beaucoup!

My pleasure
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I forgot to say: Mildred Hubble thanks you too

Aww!
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Congrats! So glad to see your persistence pay off.

Hihi Yea
Scholar
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
1)Extra Spells like Bad Luck Curse, Knockout Jinx, Energy, Social, Fun, Hydration Charm and Curses. Destoration Ritual etc.
2)Relationship increase and decrease from spells. Like Sims will like you for casting beneficial charms on them and hate you for cursing them.

These sound like great ideas! I'm sure you've thought about it already, but I feel like sims with the "supernatural skeptic" trait should be annoyed by any attempts to cast spells on them. While "supernatural fan"s might not have a negative reaction to curses, because they're geeking out about the fact that magic was used at all. Honestly, the more trait related tuning, the cooler. Another one that jumps to mind is lucky/unlucky sims and luck related spells. I don't know exactly what effect they'd have, but I feel like it should affect them differently in some way.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Inventor
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:34 PM
I'm kinda confussed about this part:
"2)Also keep in mind that a lot of the EA spells are disabled by the ITUN files mentioned above and then new spells are added using a script mod so any tuning mod that tunes the EA spells even if they don't conflict will be rendered useless since the EA spells are disabled. In the near future I'll make some xml files for my own spells with different flavors, I had a problem making them right now but they'll be there in the future."
Does that mean that the tuning I made with nraas retuner to adult spells wont work anymore with this mod installed?
Page 1 of 17