Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Turn Ons

by simler90 Posted 28th Mar 2018 at 5:29 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2022 at 5:50 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 9

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:02 PM
Oohh, now this is very awesome. The glasses turn on being useless always bothered me, and being turned on by education makes so much sense. Thanks for replacing the useless hat turn-on as well; I'll miss the full face make-up a little bit, but I have piercings in the jewelry section, so it's not a big loss.

I have a question to ask though, since you've clearly studied each turn-on so thoroughly; if an outfit can be worn both as formal and as casual wear, does the formal turn-on get triggered if the sim wears such an outfit as casual wear? Or do you actually have to change into "formal" wear for it to be triggered? Same question for clothing that are both underwear and swimwear. I ask because those are the most annoying turn-ons to me, formal wear especially since sims barely use it. If clothing that's available as both formal and casual wear triggers the turn-on by wearing it as an everyday outfit that'd be a huge help.

I wish there were some more traits that could just replace those turn-ons too, but I doubt there's much else to include. The only thing I can think of is custom skintones, and that's just one turn one out of 3. And like custom hair, the game probably breaks when trying to detect it.

Either way, thanks for all your hard work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
Oohh, now this is very awesome. The glasses turn on being useless always bothered me, and being turned on by education makes so much sense. Thanks for replacing the useless hat turn-on as well; I'll miss the full face make-up a little bit, but I have piercings in the jewelry section, so it's not a big loss.

I have a question to ask though, since you've clearly studied each turn-on so thoroughly; if an outfit can be worn both as formal and as casual wear, does the formal turn-on get triggered if the sim wears such an outfit as casual wear? Or do you actually have to change into "formal" wear for it to be triggered? Same question for clothing that are both underwear and swimwear. I ask because those are the most annoying turn-ons to me, formal wear especially since sims barely use it. If clothing that's available as both formal and casual wear triggers the turn-on that'd be a huge help.

I wish there were some more traits that could just replace those turn-ons too, but I doubt there's much else to include. The only thing I can think of is custom skintones, and that's just one turn on out of 3. And like custom hair, the game probably breaks when trying to detect it.

The game has Outfit categories. They are called "Casual 1", "Casual 2", "Casual 3", "Formal", "Swimwear" etc. Whichever category your sim is currently wearing triggers the turn-on trait for that category, if there is one. So, you cannot have an outfit trigger two turn-ons at the same time. I think that is impossible. You may want to try my Outfit Sense mod, which does make sims wear Formal Wear from time to time.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:23 PM
Does this also include tunaisafish's fixes that mean jewellery won't trigger lycanthropy, managers will get recognised as hard workers, business owners aren't deemed to be unemployed, and robots aren't thought to have hair? Because if I need that mod as well I imagine there'd be an annoying clash
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GneissGuy
Does this also include tunaisafish's fixes that mean jewellery won't trigger lycanthropy, managers will get recognised as hard workers, business owners aren't deemed to be unemployed, and robots aren't thought to have hair? Because if I need that mod as well I imagine there'd be an annoying clash

I have fixed those problems, too. The mods are incompatible obviously. If you downloaded both mods, the game would only see one of them.
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simler90
The game has Outfit categories. They are called "Casual 1", "Casual 2", "Casual 3", "Formal", "Swimwear" etc. Whichever category your sim is currently wearing triggers the turn-on trait for that category, if there is one. So, you cannot have an outfit trigger two turn-ons at the same time. I think that is impossible. You may want to try my Outfit Sense mod, which does make sims wear Formal Wear from time to time.

Gah, lousy game. Gameplay-wise, the developers really didn't think turn-ons too thoroughly did they? (oh well, still better than sims 3, not to even mention sims 4) I will install your mod then, since that's the only way to get some use out of formal wear besides wedding parties. Thanks for the quick answer, I've had that question for years now.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:12 PM
I've wanted to do this for so long but never got around to it. So great, thanks so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:00 PM
I can't open the rar file ;( It says it's broken.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alraris

You need the latest version of 7zip or Winrar.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
This is so cool! Those turn-ons annoyed me so much. Thank you :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:45 PM
I have fixed those problems, too. The mods are incompatible obviously. If you downloaded both mods, the game would only see one of them.

A couple of other thoughts have come to mind, which may not be possible, but which might be helpful additions. Could a successful business owner, say one with with a max-level business, also get the hard-worker trait?
And is there any way for something like hard-worker, or educated or something like that be triggered by teens with an A+ grade, or perhaps those in private school? Just an idea.
On the whole thanks for this; I'm sure your mods will lead to several of my couples breaking up, and new ones forming, with the result of lots of fun drama!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:25 PM
Very cool. I was wondering if there was any way you could replace the things you replaced with eye colors? I actually have always thought that formal wear trait is pretty useless, since sims so rarely get dressed up. Mine don't even like to change into their casual clothes most of the time, lol. I'd also love to see a "good dancer" trait, or traits for personalities such as "Outgoing", "Shy" "Nice" "Clean" etc. Can such a thing be done? Say, if you have a personality trait that is only 3 points, or more than 6 points? That would be so, so useful.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:01 AM
One of the best mods ever, thank you so much for sharing it with us! Can't wait to try it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GneissGuy
A couple of other thoughts have come to mind, which may not be possible, but which might be helpful additions. Could a successful business owner, say one with with a max-level business, also get the hard-worker trait?

I considered this while making the mod. I will keep this in mind for a future UPDATE 1.

Quote: Originally posted by child_of_air
Very cool. I was wondering if there was any way you could replace the things you replaced with eye colors? I actually have always thought that formal wear trait is pretty useless, since sims so rarely get dressed up. Mine don't even like to change into their casual clothes most of the time, lol. I'd also love to see a "good dancer" trait, or traits for personalities such as "Outgoing", "Shy" "Nice" "Clean" etc. Can such a thing be done? Say, if you have a personality trait that is only 3 points, or more than 6 points? That would be so, so useful.

- If I put eye colour turn-ons into the game, what happens to custom eye colours that many people already use? As far as I know, there is no way to make the game consider a custom eye colour as belonging to a default colour category, whereas it is possible to put custom hair into one of the default colour categories.
- I understand people's potential dislike for clothing turn-ons, but I kinda like them. I even made a mod called Outfit Sense to make sims wear formalwear on their own.
- Personality already is part of attraction/chemistry. There is an entirely separate BHAV that calculates the effect of personality on attraction. It's fine if you ask me.
- I like the Good Dancer idea, but it is so easy to increase one's Dance skill, is it worth it? I may make a special version for you, but I can't promise at this moment. Which existing turn-ons should a potential Good Dancer turn-on replace?
Instructor
#15 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 7:24 AM
Oh, I didn't know that about the custom eyes, but that makes sense. You're right, for most people it wouldn't work. Good dancer I think should replace custom hair or glasses, as those traits are truly useless. I do think it's worth it because although it's easy to increase the skill, it still does take time and effort. And not all sims are into dancing. I'd love it if you could implement that, that would be very kind.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:38 AM
OMG, I really love the idea of the Aliens turn-on!
I have a hood full of aliens and this looks like a great way to enhance it.
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:17 PM
Thank you! The replacements look really useful- I especially love the Educated turn on
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:39 AM
It was an immediate change in my hood. Now maybe it will be more sensible than having a dislike for gray hair. Who dislikes gray hair, anyway?
Thanks for the mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:55 AM
I love this mod, the work you did on it is so thorough! I have one question though: I use custom hair quite a bit, is there a way to tune this mod to keep just the Education and Alien traits, or would you be willing to add something like that to this post? I'm sorry if I've asked too much. Thank you for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:49 PM
I really felt like Sims 2 was missing turn-ons. Good thing you made them almost completely. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:34 PM
Wonderful !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:25 PM
More turn ons is a great idea. I am surprised I never heard of it before. Please make more like this.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:45 PM
- If I put eye colour turn-ons into the game, what happens to custom eye colours that many people already use? As far as I know, there is no way to make the game consider a custom eye colour as belonging to a default colour category, whereas it is possible to put custom hair into one of the default colour categories.

There are eye colors that will replace the defaults, similar to how the 4 basic skins can be overwritten with CC. Maybe the game registers the other eye colors as custom or something? So there could be turn ons for custom eyes, if possible, along with the CC version of basic grey, blue, dark blue, green, and brown. If there is no way to include custom eyes as a recognizable turn on, then it's okay to just omit them I guess? It would still be a cool mod to have for those who use the basic eyes, even if they don't enable default eye replacements.

I have a question of my own. Is it possible to make additional turns ons and offs without overwriting any of the previous ones? I like to have them all in my game. :/ I do like how you fixed the glitched ones. I was surprised the system had so many flaws. It's still better than Sims 3 and 4 by a long shot, though.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alraris

Had the same trouble despite installing the latest 7zip. Right-clicking the file and going to 7-Zip -> Open archive worked for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:13 PM
Thank you! I'm so happy someone is making new turn ons for the Sims 2, I always felt there was never enough variety
Page 1 of 5