Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fashion and Modelling Career - Design, Model, Writer - UPDATED JUNE 2022

by DiamondVixen96 Posted 21st Apr 2018 at 1:58 AM - Updated 21st Jun 2022 at 2:32 PM by DiamondVixen96

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 2:48 PM
I received a last exception with this mod. this is what it said <?xml version="1.0" ?><root> <report><version>2</version><sessionid>e5e5b98f43f455785adb2d6c</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-04-21 22:40:59</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.42.30.1020-1.200.000.336.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>e5e5b98f43f455785adb2d6c</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer/DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer' (DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer.DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer) (ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer' </desyncdata></report>
</root>

I will test to see if any other mod is causing this and let you know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:30 PM
Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t know how to read last exception errors properly, I’m only new to this, but they’re generally caused by outdated CC and conflicting mods. This seems like it can’t find one part of the mod..
Maybe see where the files are placed in your mods, and move them out of any sub folders (theyre zipped with an extra folder, but extracting the whole folder may make them too deep) and make sure you have both the .package file and .ts4script file with my username AND the Career_commons .package by neia only once. Two copies might cause issues.

Also LE error generally aren’t game breaking, just annoying when starting game play. Does the mod still work/playable?

In any case, I will go through it tomorrow (it’s 12am here currently 😜) and I’ll reupload unless I hear from you again before then, feel free to pm me if that’s easier
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 4:35 PM
Just so you know, Brittpinkiesims mods have all been updated by Konansock. You can find them right HERE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 4:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know, but please download my mod and not others 😜 mine is very different to the others out there, I’d rather not have links to other creators uploads in my thread please 😊
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 5:01 PM
I also got the same LE when I opened my game after downloading this career.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:49 AM
@themidnitetech Thanks for letting us know Brittany’s Fashion Career Mod has been updated it's my fav!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamondVixen96
Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t know how to read last exception errors properly, I’m only new to this, but they’re generally caused by outdated CC and conflicting mods. This seems like it can’t find one part of the mod..
Maybe see where the files are placed in your mods, and move them out of any sub folders (theyre zipped with an extra folder, but extracting the whole folder may make them too deep) and make sure you have both the .package file and .ts4script file with my username AND the Career_commons .package by neia only once. Two copies might cause issues.

Also LE error generally aren’t game breaking, just annoying when starting game play. Does the mod still work/playable?

In any case, I will go through it tomorrow (it’s 12am here currently 😜) and I’ll reupload unless I hear from you again before then, feel free to pm me if that’s easier

Your .py files aren't packaged properly which is probably what's causing this error. You need to select both the .py and .pyo files, right-click them Send to > Compressed folder. Then rename .zip to .ts4script. That should fix the LE errors

The career looks great though!

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken/Updated Mod List Keeper - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
Your .py files aren't packaged properly which is probably what's causing this error. You need to select both the .py and .pyo files, right-click them Send to > Compressed folder. Then rename .zip to .ts4script. That should fix the LE errors

The career looks great though!

That is exactly what my script is. My py and pyo is my script? Have you commented on the right modelling career? The other persons has this issue but mine are zipped together
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:33 AM
That is exactly what my script is. My py and pyo is my script? Have you commented on the right modelling career? The other persons has this issue but mine are zipped together

What "issue" is my mod having exactly? If you look at my file it is saved as a ts4script file. Yours is not, its still a zip file.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:34 AM

Also, no one has reported any script errors with my mod.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:57 AM

No, it's not. You put yours in a folder and then zipped the folder, that's the cause of the errors. They can't be put into a folder and then zipped, you need to select both of them and zip them together.

Which is why in the LE it says "No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer" it can't find it because they're in the folder.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken/Updated Mod List Keeper - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
No, it's not. You put yours in a folder and then zipped the folder, that's the cause of the errors. They can't be put into a folder and then zipped, you need to select both of them and zip them together.

Which is why in the LE it says "No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer" it can't find it because they're in the folder.

Okay I understand now. I will update my file now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:14 AM
Thanks for the comments i have updated my zip file. please redownload
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:38 PM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:33 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:38 AM
I'm loving it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigpeaches
I'm loving it!

SOOOO glad you do! Keep an eye out on my profile in the next coming days, ive got a new career coming soon :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:18 AM
I would suggest having someone look over your text for errors, or even use Grammarly or a similar service. I've seen numerous ones just skimming your post. Incorrect grammar like that discourages me from downloading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss_kitty
I would suggest having someone look over your text for errors, or even use Grammarly or a similar service. I've seen numerous ones just skimming your post. Incorrect grammar like that discourages me from downloading.

I’m sorry you dislike my grammar, however generally people don’t choose to download a mod based on the grammar. A missing comma or apostrophe here or there in a mod isn’t unusual. They download if they think it’ll add value to the game. My wording is pretty understandable without the perfect grammar.
One day eventually, I may go through and update when I have the time, however as the mod works as is it’s not a priority for me. But Thankyou for your constructive criticism
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:23 AM
Default Mini Suggestion, and as Always You are Free to Ignore It
Thanks for letting us know, but please download my mod and not others 😜 mine is very different to the others out there, I’d rather not have links to other creators uploads in my thread please 😊

Let me first say, right on making a mod! Creators are amazing in my mind. I genuinely want to learn how to create mods one day mainly because of what I see creators bring to the game. Now onto my suggestion:

It may help change the opening message in a way that will prevent people, who probably have the same mindset as me, from seeing that first and then deciding that: 1) someone should probably comment with a link to the updates and 2) that I don't need this mod because I already have one.

I have mixed emotions about how you phrased this. Mainly because on your post you mention BPS's career and how she's not updating it. But on her site she does explicitly mention that while she's on hiatus her specific friend that she has specifically granted permission is updating her mods for everyone's use. This comes off to me that one person, who has been on it with updates, has the right tweak her mod and if necessary copy & paste it should the sims 4 update in a way that breaks it--I genuinely don't know how to make mods and I understand more work probably goes into it than how I've phrased this. Thus it makes perfect sense that anyone who knows about Rex/Konansock or goes to the BPS site will read that info and comment that, her mods are being updated and how to find them.

But I also understand that you are proud of your work and want people to try your stuff and enjoy it. I'm not going to lie, I read up only to the BPS shout out of your post then immediately went to comments to see if someone had already let you know that if your goal was to update this, then someone is already handling it with the creator's permission. And when I saw your response, I went back to the mod view and was like, this is pretty much BPS's mod so it's not different from other mods. Then I looked at the other modelling career mod that came out. And even though I already have a functioning modelling mod in my game, the other mod would add something new to my game because the BPS fashion mod does not go that route. So I also have mixed emotions about your response there as well.

If this mod makes you happy, then BE happy. But maybe add something on your description saying or maybe even linking to Rex/Konansock's updates because the mod is being updated. That is pretty much the only reason why I commented. And maybe my suggestion won't fix the problem but maybe it might help? You are of course free to disagree with me. My thoughts and feelings won't be the same as other people's feeling and thought,
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th May 2018 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cellini2point0
Let me first say, right on making a mod! Creators are amazing in my mind. I genuinely want to learn how to create mods one day mainly because of what I see creators bring to the game. Now onto my suggestion:

It may help change the opening message in a way that will prevent people, who probably have the same mindset as me, from seeing that first and then deciding that: 1) someone should probably comment with a link to the updates and 2) that I don't need this mod because I already have one.

I have mixed emotions about how you phrased this. Mainly because on your post you mention BPS's career and how she's not updating it. But on her site she does explicitly mention that while she's on hiatus her specific friend that she has specifically granted permission is updating her mods for everyone's use. This comes off to me that one person, who has been on it with updates, has the right tweak her mod and if necessary copy & paste it should the sims 4 update in a way that breaks it--I genuinely don't know how to make mods and I understand more work probably goes into it than how I've phrased this. Thus it makes perfect sense that anyone who knows about Rex/Konansock or goes to the BPS site will read that info and comment that, her mods are being updated and how to find them.

But I also understand that you are proud of your work and want people to try your stuff and enjoy it. I'm not going to lie, I read up only to the BPS shout out of your post then immediately went to comments to see if someone had already let you know that if your goal was to update this, then someone is already handling it with the creator's permission. And when I saw your response, I went back to the mod view and was like, this is pretty much BPS's mod so it's not different from other mods. Then I looked at the other modelling career mod that came out. And even though I already have a functioning modelling mod in my game, the other mod would add something new to my game because the BPS fashion mod does not go that route. So I also have mixed emotions about your response there as well.

If this mod makes you happy, then BE happy. But maybe add something on your description saying or maybe even linking to Rex/Konansock's updates because the mod is being updated. That is pretty much the only reason why I commented. And maybe my suggestion won't fix the problem but maybe it might help? You are of course free to disagree with me. My thoughts and feelings won't be the same as other people's feeling and thought,

Thanks for your detailed response, I understand what you’re saying. However, linking to other people’s work takes away from mine, it’s like well there’s this mod but hey here’s a “better” so go elsewhere first before you get this one.

Our mods are totally different, of course. Theirs are more “playable” where as mine is a rabbit hole. It did annoy me when the other link was posted because it just makes it seem like my effort wasn’t necessary because there’s something else out there that’s similar.

I don’t feel the need to link to the updated BPS mod in my own description, the link is already in my comment thread now so if people want that, they can go there. I only mentioned BPS mod in the first place as it was a requirement for submission, as it was the first career about this industry made, so not an original idea. Obviously I want people to choose my creation over others, that’s just how things like this are 😜 At the time of posting I didn’t know there was an updated version of BPS, I just got the link to hers and posted.

I’m trying not to detract from my own work because It’s disheartening. If people want to download my creation then I’d be thrilled. If they choose not to and choose others over mine, that’s cool too.

Thanks for your comment.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:50 PM
Does this work with seasons?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arhanghel
Does this work with seasons?

I haven’t got seasons, so I don’t know. However I don’t see why it wouldn’t. If you’re going to test with seasons, please let me know if it does or doesn’t work.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:22 AM
seasons broke all custom careers pretty sure it doesn't work. don't really wanna try and break my game
Page 1 of 3