Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:19 PM
Default Sims 4 go to school mod isn't working?
I downloaded the go to school mod properly but my teenagers went to school normally without asking me if I wanted to join? how do I fix this because I made an entire town in Newcrest with elementary and high.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:38 PM
Using mods can be a pain in the butt. You have to read the description, and if it seems ok with what you have, post in the thread of the mod.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th May 2018 at 4:22 AM
It could be a mod conflict, I can barely remember but in my case it probably was a homework/school day mod...You should test the mod alone with vanilla game then put other mods back in together batch by batch or use the 50/50 method to see which ones affect the GoToSchool. And what do you mean by entire town? I only have one elementary and one high. Make sure you zone the venue properly (correct display is a bell icon).
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th May 2018 at 6:55 AM
Go to world view and edit your school. change it to a generic lot... then change it back to the school lot of your choice (elementary or high). Save it under a new game to test out this fix... and go back to the family that have the children you want to go to school. If you get new children who do not get the career path later on, you can use this fix again to kickstart their school career again.
This kickstarts the new children into that career path and they should now ask to go to school. This works for most of the people who encounter this problem.

This solution works for other lots of other career paths in the zebu career mods as well.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Go to world view and edit your school. change it to a generic lot... then change it back to the school lot of your choice (elementary or high). Save it under a new game to test out this fix... and go back to the family that have the children you want to go to school. If you get new children who do not get the career path later on, you can use this fix again to kickstart their school career again.
This kickstarts the new children into that career path and they should now ask to go to school. This works for most of the people who encounter this problem.

This solution works for other lots of other career paths in the zebu career mods as well.

I already made the schools generic lots but it just doesn't ask me if I would like to join or send alone like in Get to Work. and for some reason the mods I download only give me the CAS cc that come with it. like the extreme violence mod only gave me the weapons and blood splatter in CAS. nothing else works. is it a problem with the version of WinRAR I have? or am I just stupid and don't know how to properly download mods?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd May 2018 at 3:05 AM
Did you enable Script mod in your Settings? And your scripts (file ends with .ts4script) should be directly under your Mods folder or first-level subfolder (they do not work otherwise). Without script there is only CAS or Build, Buy assets. And the schools should not be generic, they have Elementary and High School markers respectively.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pretzel_Bun
I already made the schools generic lots but it just doesn't ask me if I would like to join or send alone like in Get to Work. and for some reason the mods I download only give me the CAS cc that come with it. like the extreme violence mod only gave me the weapons and blood splatter in CAS. nothing else works. is it a problem with the version of WinRAR I have? or am I just stupid and don't know how to properly download mods?

You need to use the decals that come in the mod package you downloaded. There's two: one for the principal's office and one for the guidance counselor. You also need to make sure you've downloaded Zerbu's venue changes mod. That allows you to mark the school as an elementary school or a high school (which is required in order for the game to know that that's where your children should go).

Make sure you put the teacher's pedestal into the classrooms as well (although I wish this was a desk and chair but whatever). Once you've done all that, it will ask you if you want to go to school with your child.

You can find tutorials on how to use this mod on youtube as well by the way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:37 AM
I Had Just Realized It Needs Get To Work To Function And I Don't Even Have Get To Work I Feel So Dumb
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pretzel_Bun
I Had Just Realized It Needs Get To Work To Function And I Don't Even Have Get To Work I Feel So Dumb

It's okay--with anything, not just modding, the answer is usually sitting right in front of us and we don't even notice!
Just the other day I was making a custom career and python wasn't working. Turns out I wasn't entering in the right file names. It happens!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
It's okay--with anything, not just modding, the answer is usually sitting right in front of us and we don't even notice!
Just the other day I was making a custom career and python wasn't working. Turns out I wasn't entering in the right file names. It happens!

thank you, you made me feel less dumb